TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Brewing The First Brew For Weiss Ass Brewing Co.

So as some of you might know... I'm a brewer by trade. I work for one of thee largest brewing companies in the world. Well... brewing the same thing day in and day out get's old REAL quick. So what I wanted to do was start brewing my own stuff at home. This was test brew for sure. I made a lot of mistakes and I'm not setting my hopes high for this brew to taste awesome. Brewing from 750BLS to 5gals is a big difference and a challenge.

Here are some teaser photos.

All photos can be viewd here http://www.brainville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=354

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...makes me miss the days of my home brewing.

Funny. I used to really like making beer, but I rarely drink the stuff!

--Robb

Mmmmm, Alvey Ale. Maybe you should restart brewing and make a batch for the next TPR BBQ.

Theme Park Pale Ale

Robb's Red Ale

Six Flags Stout

ERT ESB

The third picture makes me laugh. It just makes me laugh, because I am a silly girl.

Hmm--it is an amazing simulation of what happens after consuming a keg of brew.

Wow that brings me back to when I lived at home. My stepfather used to brew at home. I used to hate when he would cook everything on the stove. I never was a fan of that. I used to love helping him out though. I used to help bottle and stuff, and watching it ferment was cool too.

Good luck on your new brew!!

Good luck with the brew. Keep us posted on how it turns out. Do you plan on filtering after fermentation? For my first brew, I regret not filtering to remove the chill haze. It turned out great, but it was a bit cloudy. It was one yummy IPA.

Good luck with the brew. Keep us posted on how it turns out. Do you plan on filtering after fermentation? For my first brew, I regret not filtering to remove the chill haze. It turned out great, but it was a bit cloudy. It was one yummy IPA.

I don't plan on filtering this beer in any means. Gypsum was added during the brewing process, so that will cut down greatly on the cloudiness. Calcium Sulfate is great to add after the the steeping of the grains. It's collects a lot of those proteins in the beer that create that cloudiness haze.