TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Rage" Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter, Adventure Island

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello everyone, new to the forums, i actually work in this park, and it is realll gd.

i am the supervisor of entertianment there, and the park i think is gd value, as we on costumes, so shows/parades and aslo autographs that is literally free. the rides r all gd, well most and the staff are gd usualy,

so it is a gd day out.

yes the raging river flume is going, and some operators r sorry to see it go, that rides needs like 2 weeks training, whilst the rest of da parks rides needs 8 hours. so a big difference.

Belzeebob is one of the best rides, but now it needs a rehab, lots of yobs go in and break everything, so it needs a gd sort out

but the park is ran verywell, and theres new rides every year. the new one for 2006 was blackbeards, which is really gd and is very impressive for our little park.

If anyone os down, ask customer services when our shows are, or it costumes are making apperences, i have a total of 7 characters for that small park which is really considering many tasuards parks dont have any and no entertianment for kids, let me know

love my park

lots of things for nxt yr too!!!!!!

i am the supervisor of entertianment there, and the park i think is gd value, as we on costumes, so shows/parades and aslo autographs that is literally free. the rides r all gd, well most and the staff are gd usualy

Ok, welcome to Theme Parke Review.

I'm afraid I disagree with you, I don't find the park to be good value at all, IMO its way over priced and I'm dreading what the prices are going to soar too once this new coaster opens.

I've never seen any shows or parades there, where exactly do they 'parade' as theres not much room.

-Martyn

looking back, it is bit over priced, but when you look at great yarmouth pleasure beach, look there, that park is horrible, and there chage £15 for a wristband.

our shows are now at the jungle jive restaurant, and the parades go theorugh the park, we have a loud music box, then i pulll around, and dance too.

its all changed this year cos im in charge, there will time boards for shows and stuff, bit how disney do it.

Hi Stuart,

I'm from Rayleigh and use to live in southend so Adventure Island has always been my home park, I remember it right back to the days when the Wendy Glide was there and such!

So its great seeing how the park has developed over the years, it was a bit of a shame to see it was aimed solely at kids as i haven't visited much over the last few years but hopefully now with the Eurofighter it will pull me back.

Do the park want to ain themselves at everybody now with the introduction of this new thrill ride or do they still mainly want to focus on kids?

Also got to agree £19 is just to much, considering no-one pays more than £15 to get into Alton Towers or Thorpe Park!

Also with this new ride coming from Gerstlauer, what do you think are the chances of seeing a Gerstlauer Mouse at the park in the next few years, I'm assuming that the Pier Drop ride that was proposed was going to be one of these but never got permission. Do you think we will see a smaller version in the future?

That could all depend on how their relationship with Gerstlauer goes, if the Euro-Fighter is a big hit and doesn't have any problems or faults then I couod see them buying from them again, but who knows.

-Martyn

it does all depend on this ride, i think they are starting to get a range of different rides, becuase in the evening, its lots of adults, so we shall see what happeneds.

tomorrow,,,,,, we have a visit from the people of margate, they want the parks owners to open adventure island 2 in kent. so all this week, we have been cleaning up all the rides, so it is all very nice atm in the park, and all the staff will be on top form 2mz,

so hopefully, we will be getting bigger.

over the last few years, i really like the park and the more im there, the more i dont want to leave, im hoping to go 2 paris to do characters, but im loving pans so much cos im charge of costumes

i also know that nxt yr, rides r gonne b moved aorund, and the park has bought 'southend air' fm, i think...., and the base of the radio is actually going in the park, so people can watch the dj's....... another good thing

• 3 weeks later...
^Dollywood should be getting one in '07.

Are you 100% sure?

Dollywood are advertising a Vertical Drop coaster, I've followed the construction of nearly all the current Euro-Fighters, and not one of them have advertised them as vertical drop coasters.

-Martyn

• 2 months later...

I just checked RCDB, and it seems this one will be a copy (or the original for a copy, whatever) of the new one for Duinrell (Rick's Delight), personally i'm kind of dissapointed by this, not that its a bad design or anything, just that the 2 new European Eurofighters for 2007 are actually the same, i seriously hope future Eurofighters won't be all copies like the Vekoma SLC's and Boomerangs.

The name of the coaster will be "Rage". Here's the link:

www.rcdb.com/id3573.htm

I'm looking forward to riding the one at Duinrell next year, but at the same time it will make visiting Adventure Island someday a less interesting experience to.

• 2 weeks later...