TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

Considering I'm a adrenaline junkie nothing really scares me. I've done it all from sky diving to bungee jumping etc, however star flyers on a breezy day snatches my very being away. I'll still ride them just to get over myself ... it is a mind game ... but believe me when I tell you I'm holding on to the chains for dear life. I mean the chain print is normally on my hands which are typically cramped from squeezing so tight. I did the star flyer at SFOT and I think my soul left me. I can do Windseekers and wave swingers/yo-yo rides any day but a seat attached to a janky chain way over 200+ feet which I think SFOT version is 400ft is a problem.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basicly ever ride I've never ridden and has a certain thrill factor and plan to do, like:

Giant Swing rides (Had my chance at this but didn't do it.)

Bungy jumps or death balls (Never had a chance but if all is right this year is my first.)

Those are some of the examples there are more rides I look at and think: The f am I planning. But ridding them usually helps my get rid of the fear.

Falcon's Fury was the one that left me shaking. To my credit, as soon as I realized how scared of it I was, I also decided I had to do it; I was -not- going home defeated.

I hated it, I was terrified of it, I loved it.

It was easily the scariest ride I've ever been on, but it was also one of of my absolute favorites. The adrenaline rush was like nothing else I've ever been on and I can't want to get back on it.

My first time on a Windseeker ALMOST counts but I was only scared of it 'til is started. Once Windseeker is in motion, something about it so so graceful...just...not mechanical at all, something more than that...it's hard to be scared of. It didn't feel like a ride, to me, it was just like flying.

Falcon's Fury, I'll be scared of next time but will do again. Windseeker, I don't think I can be scared of; it's somehow bigger than that now.

I hear a lot of "praise" about Windseekers. However I never been on one. The one at Cedar Point was closed down the whole time I was there during the last labor day weekend.(or maybe it was open at some points but we just didnt have time or was only open for a short period of time) However I remember nicknaming it the "hybrid ride". As in a cross between a leisure ride(like a Ferris wheel,train ride,boat ride or sky ride) and a thrill ride. The thrill part being that you are hanging from chains or some what thin poles up really really high up! The closest thing to a Windseeker I been on was this windseeker-like ride that was a lot shorter and was at a fair. The pole the ride rotated around was also a lot thinner.

Falcon's Fury was the one that left me shaking. To my credit, as soon as I realized how scared of it I was, I also decided I had to do it; I was -not- going home defeated.

I hated it, I was terrified of it, I loved it.

It was easily the scariest ride I've ever been on, but it was also one of of my absolute favorites. The adrenaline rush was like nothing else I've ever been on and I can't want to get back on it.

My first time on a Windseeker ALMOST counts but I was only scared of it 'til is started. Once Windseeker is in motion, something about it so so graceful...just...not mechanical at all, something more than that...it's hard to be scared of. It didn't feel like a ride, to me, it was just like flying.

Falcon's Fury, I'll be scared of next time but will do again. Windseeker, I don't think I can be scared of; it's somehow bigger than that now.

I think I'm the only one who gets that flying feeling on StarFlyers. Windseekers are really unerring for me. Not sure why.