TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

Traveling carnival octopus rides, when they're loading and your stuck at the top hanging backwards and it feels like you're going to slide right out of the car... never, ever, ever again.

Strange thing is, I love Monster at VF, which is just a fancier fixed version of the same thing.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rides that really scare the crap out of me... I would have to say one... any slingshot, any skycoaster, the zipper, ferris wheels, and X-SCREAM. I rode the slingshot (bungee type) and I was so scared that something was going to snap, but the ride its self was great. The skycoaster scared me because I was falling and felt like I was not attached to the ride, plus the slow ride to the top, where the ground keeps getting smaller and smaller, and you never know when you are going to stop at the top. The zipper because it feels so not safe. I thought the door was going to open and I was about to become midway kill. X-Scream. I was so scared rolling off the edge of a 1,000+ft tower. OH OH OH and the freaking SCAD towers....EVIL. I think those are about all the rides that I am really scared of!! Now its picture time

scad.bmp

That would be the SCAD tower. NEVER DO IT. ITS EVIL.

x.bmp

I could have died.

zip.bmp

OMG THATS THE EVIL ZIPPER.

sky.bmp

Thats the skycoaster that really FREAKED me out!!

345366246_ME!!007.jpg.db25f852cb285c2df2e4cabc01a463ee.jpg

This would be the slingshot ride that I was scared was about to break. (Sorry its so blury)

Universal Studios Hollywood...that stupid van helsing thing

i just cant handle these things...scares the daylights out of me..

these halloween things that all the parks look like so much fun but i think id have a heart attack before it ended

and i just dont like rides that just spin you round and round...make me feel sick

I agree 100% with Canobie Man. The first time I went on MF, I was totally creeped by that music that plays every time a train comes into the station and departs. Anyway, as we were climbing the hill, I was thinking I had gone too far. But I got off laughing. I had only 3 words: Best ride ever.

Red Devil at Ghost Town in the Sky in Maggie Valley, NC...

That thing was scary... the workers running the ride and the park that day were drunk and the whole ride was shaking like mad as we went through the loop and around the curves that hung out over the side of the mountain. The train had duct tape all over it and as we went up the lift back into the station I noticed the second train had been cannabilized for parts for the one I was riding that felt like it was shaking apart.

I've never been so scared in all my life, so of course I had to ride it 2 more times! Hahahhaha

The only rides that scare me a little are 1st Gen. Intamin freefalls. I don't know what it is about them, i guess just because they are so old and...old...

Well, I guess my first S&S Space Shot scared me the first time, but not now at all.

Deja Vu didn't scare me (Though that footchopper on the first tower is killer), nor did Goliath or Acrophobia.

...i hadnt thought of this as a ride, but someone mentioned it.....

i dont know if there is any way i would ever bungie jump....maybe if there was a LOT of money down there, but probably not for anything else!

Rachel didnt like the Sun Wheel either when we rode on the cars that move. the funny thing is that im not fond of when the stationary cars rock, so i did like that coz it was constantly moving...does that make any sense?

Stealth is the same height and speed of Xcellerator I believe. The thing with that was that I was nervous up until the launch began. I don't know why I get so nervous about launch rides when I know I'm going ot love them.

Hades was rather terrifying. Roaring through a pitch black tunnel, being thrown violently from side to side.

Dragster, which I've only been on once, scared the piss out of me (the launch anticipation).

Also the Power Tower drop side and going up the first hill on Millenium Force.

All this from a person who is terrified of heights, but loves roller coasters...nutty.

• 2 weeks later...