TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

X2 in the last row scares the turd out of me everytime. The sensations while going through the first half of the ride are absurd.

Tatsu's pretzel loop puts me into a seizure state, where I can't believe the ride is still allowed to operate that way.

I also went on Windseeker at Knott's for the very limited amount of time it was open. My girlfriend at the time would not ride, but I was damned if I was going to skip out on that one. She was so pissed I rode without her, but there was no wait! That ride actually scared me as well. The way the chairs swayed left to right, with only a lapbar, and one support holding me safe, I was so glad I got on that thing. A few months later the ride closed, and I was so glad I didn't listen to her and went on it anyway. Totally worth dealing with her having to sit and watch me for 3 minutes.

It's something I SO would have regretted had I not done it, especially after I learned it was getting removed.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SkyCoasters make me scream like a little B****!

I have only ridden the one at Kings Island 4 times. I never pull the cord. I only rode it because I lost a bet with the Banshee crew.

It's not even the swinging park. It's the initial drop that just get's me.

I am terrified of all the upcharges LOL. Took me a half day load and my bro-in-law not shutting up all day to get me on Sling Shot @ CP last year and I still almost sh*t my pants. Same thing this past summer with Bill in Wildwood on that godforsaken Sky Scraper thing. I have yet to do a Skycoaster. Ugh.

I have yet to try the upcharge extreme thrill rides but i want to one day. Thing is they are so expensive and i suggested to my friend to go with me a few times but she wasnt willing to pay for it. I offered to pay for her but then again it would end up being like 40 dollars or so all together. Almost as much as a theme park ticket itself. Never got why they cost extra. Still i would like to try all 3 of the flagship upcharge thrill rides:Sky Coaster,Sling Shot,and Sky Scraper. Also the more rare nothing but net looks really neat too!!

I have yet to try the upcharge extreme thrill rides but i want to one day. Thing is they are so expensive and i suggested to my friend to go with me a few times but she wasnt willing to pay for it. I offered to pay for her but then again it would end up being like 40 dollars or so all together. Almost as much as a theme park ticket itself. Never got why they cost extra. Still i would like to try all 3 of the flagship upcharge thrill rides:Sky Coaster,Sling Shot,and Sky Scraper. Also the more rare nothing but net looks really neat too!!

They typically cost more because of their usually very low capacity. Imagine the line for a two seat sling shot if it didn't cost extra.

Even though I ride SkyScreamer almost every time I visit SFGAdv, I still white-knuckle it on Star Flyers like it. I still can't get over the fact that it's just a bunch of thin chains keeping you suspended.

I rode the SkyScreamer at Gadv this year for the first time and dubbed it "Anxiety Attack: The Ride." The chains made me way too nervous. I hated how it started coming back down, and then shot back up the tower. White knuckle it all you want, if that chain breaks you're going flying into the joker, or skull mountain, or the sky ride. Windseekers however didn't have this effect on me, which is weird cause those are the ones that break all the time.

X2 - because I know it is going to hurt...bad. But will ride to "take one for the team". I will not ride on my solo trips.

Xcelerator - because I have not ridden it enough (only 3 times) to get past the anxiety of the launch and top hat. It is over so fast, it is hard to comprehend what happened! But I love it.

Sky Screamers - the only one I chicken out on. I can do swing rides like Mickey's Symphony, I even love them. But Sky Screamers...no way, now how. This coming from someone who will ride any coaster, drop ride, frisbees, and even have done a sky coaster.

Rides that spin on a small axis - for fear of barfing. Tea Cups? No thank you.

Ferris Wheels - I can do Mickey's wheel, with a small level of anxiety. But "true" ferris wheels...scare, the, crud out of me.

I am terrified of all the upcharges LOL. Took me a half day load and my bro-in-law not shutting up all day to get me on Sling Shot @ CP last year and I still almost sh*t my pants. Same thing this past summer with Bill in Wildwood on that godforsaken Sky Scraper thing. I have yet to do a Skycoaster. Ugh.

I love the Skyscraper at Wildwood. It was so fun and relaxing when I went on.

I was so far from relaxed you could have called me an afro.

I've only tried a Fabbri Booster (the one that used to be over by the Space Needle in Seattle) and I found it relaxing too. I expected it to be awful / horrifying, but I remember really enjoying it and rode it a few times. I distinctly remember enjoying siting at the top and feeling the structure wobble around, but that same sensation terrifies me on rides like Lex Luthor. Perhaps it has something to do with restraints, but these rides don't freak me out nearly as much as Star Flyers or drop towers. They're more like Wind Seeker models to me for some reason, which I also find relaxing.

I know quite a few people who are very scared of those swing rides...and i dont mean Windseeker like rides but the old classic chair-o-plane/Yo-Yo rides....i never got that since while they are fun they really arnt that thrilling or that high up...they are the most basic of typical carnival rides. Im guessing its something to do with the chains though i guess a lot of people have a fair of them breaking or something. O.O