TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

Evac platform?

I would hate for Catcher 2 on that GIB to prerelease a train. Hopefully they have a crane somewhere nearby BUT they would have to push the train out of the boomerang prior to unloading (for obvious reasons). That breakdown would be a sight to see. Lol

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast at SFStL. I will not ride it again it scared me so bad. And I love Roller Coasters. There is just something about it I cant handle. Also, I don't ride Drop Towers. I just cant bring myself to do it. The only ones I've ever gotten on is two Intamin first gens, and one space shot, and I was in panic mode even with those.

^I'm taking it that the Evac platform reply was sarcasm and had to do with the pic he posted. I must say that's my first time seeing a GIB without one.

The 3 Deja Vus were all built without them. They were added later on. Technically they aren't needed but I agree with your other post and would hate to see catcher 2 release early on that one. =P

All of you who are mentioning drop towers - have you ever been on an ARM one? If you think giant drop towers are terrifying, well...

My homepark Castles-n-Coasters has one.

The first time I ride it every time I visit, I realize how much I've forgotten how ridiculous it is.

Probably the only drop ride I've been on that feels like a real free fall.

Truth be told, The year Acrophobia opened, I got cold feet as soon as my mom and I came over the hill on I-20 West. My mom had recently had surgery and still had her hospital arm band on so we were able to get her a wheel chair and you know the rest...

Anyway... The first ride SHE rode was Acro and I stood at the exit and watched. When I saw her face after the drop, I was convinced that I would not be riding it. Lol.

Long story short, after riding everything twice we got back to Acro and my mom threatened to cut my season pass in half if I didn't get on it. I just couldn't let that happen!!! Lol. On the way up I apologized to her for any naughty words I might spit out on the way down.

Good times...

So yeah. I still get a lil terrified when I'm in line for Acro but I just can't get enough of it. When I get out to SFGAdv later this year I know their new drop tower is gonna mess me up. Lol

Any coaster that has this: and not this:

Acrophobia scared me when it dropped but in a good way. I felt so ALIVE! I think it's tilted seat position is what made it so scary. I felt so loose. I do like how Acrophobia's staff run the ride when they sing songs about dropping. For Example: when I was watching the ride from outside the park, the Ride Op sang "Ring around the Rosie". At the part when they sang "we all fall down!", the ride dropped. I wish other parks would do this. I don't get to travel much to parks, so does anyone know if this happens at other parks?

• 4 months later...

This was actually kind of embarrassing...

Was at a local fair recently, and my friends and I decided to ride the larson fireball, AKA ring of fire. As this was the first ride I would do of the season, I was a little apprehensive. To make matters worse, We sat in the front row. Overall, it wasn't too bad once we got going, but every time the op stopped the train upside down, I said every four letter word I could think of. I'm not a huge fan of hang time to begin with (absolutely hate looping starships), and the fact that that we were in the front row, meaning we were constantly leaning forward into the OTSRs, made it one of the only ride experiences in recent memory that legit had me scared.

Not a fun way to start off the season, especially considering I looked bad in front of a bunch of people who know rides don't scare me.

Thankfully, I made up for a rough start to the season. The next ride was the ARM drop tower.. 'Nuff said

I rode Black Widow at Kennywood last weekend. Despite being more or less the same size, speed, angle of rotation, etc. as the Huss Giant Frisbees (of which I've ridden both Delirium and maXair with no problem) something about Black Widow scared the crap out of me. It felt significantly faster, higher, more primitive. I've never had such an urge for a ride to just be over. I had to sit down afterwards and take a breather.Once was enough I think haha.

1) Rides that I know will cause pain. (ex. SLCs, some woodies)

2) Anything of the "seems legit" variety. (ex. skycoasters, slingshots, fair rides)

I agree 100% with both of these.

Three types of rides that scare me:

S&S Screamin' Swings- The open design is a tad unnerving (in a good way) during the swings that exceed 90 degrees.

Freefall Towers- Most recently, Lex Luthor gave me quite the thrill.

Drop Pod Water Slides

^Havent done as remain swing, but can totally agree with you on the last two.. The freefall towers and drop slides are some of my fav rides. They scare you just enough to give you that adrenaline rush, but at the same time, they're fun enough to keep you coming back!... Some I guess would argue that makes the "perfect" ride.

Was actually concerned for my well being Saturday, riding Blue Streak @ Conneaut Lake. That ride could use some more tlc. The 300ft sky coaster was also a little unnerving prior to riding and the assent, while blue streak i was a little unnerved after.

Drop towers still put that fear into me, but I love the adrenaline.

Being on a Skyscraper and being stopped at the top while someone loads/unloads is terrifying because you're swaying all around, but once it starts moving, it's amazing.

Depends on the times I rode them.

When I rode my first ever inverting coaster - Nemesis Inferno - THAT was easily the scariest ride I'd been on, or the most scared I'd been, but naturally it's not as scary anymore.

Scariest recent ride was probably Mystery Castle at Phantasialand. The build up and noises of those towers really got to me. Love the ride.

Depends on the times I rode them.

When I rode my first ever inverting coaster - Nemesis Inferno - THAT was easily the scariest ride I'd been on, or the most scared I'd been, but naturally it's not as scary anymore.

Oh, I remember that. Mine was Space Mountain Mission 2 (DlP) and I was pretty intimidated. I also remember thinking the queue looked scary as you could hear the ride moving and some people screaming. But yeah, now I realise how crappy it is.

I remember how I overcame the fear of inversion on Dragon at Ocean Park. After I pulled down the OTSR, my mom went to put the bags down at the other side of the station. I thought she is not riding with me so I started screaming. That's pretty awkward even for a 7-year old. After the ride, I went straight to Wild West Mine Train because I really thought Dragon is nothing compare to that Zamperla master piece. Or I just got beaten up so bad that I can't remember anything.