TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop Towers are the best, but also scary the crap out of me. It is something about the "random" drop time that get there nerves going. I am really looking forward to BGA's addition with Falcon's Fury! The fact that you are going 300 feet high, and then being tilted 90 degrees, then dropping looking straight at the ground. That is going to be freaky.

For the first time riding it as a kid who had no idea what it did, the original X was a blazing fury of pissed pants and shaky legs.

The first drop especially.

However, the one ride that still continuously freaks me out no matter how many times I ride it, is Ghostrider.

I'm in a love-hate relationship with that ride. I love it to bits for its great layout and unbelievable intensity, but I hate it because I can't ride it more than four or five times a day.

Sitting at the back seat of the middle car will always be one of the most insane things a wooden coaster can offer.

Especially that section of track between the MCBR and the second main turnaround.

- X2. Even after the many times I've ridden it (and still plan on riding it!) I'm always taken unexpectedly by that ride.

- Any drop tower. They're so freaky, especially being that high up.

- GIB's. Knowing I'm hanging going up the initial spike with just my OTSR holding me, really makes me wibbly wobbly.

^I'd put them in a very close second behind Intamin first gens. It's amazing how such sheer OMFGness can come out of such a miniscule tower.

Really? You mean the metal box ones like Demon Drop? Huh. Those actually scare me the least out of the drop rides I've ridden, probably because you can't look straight down like on newer models. I feel more protected on them (the ricketyness of the ride notwithstanding). Though I do like how turning on your back makes it into more of a "ride", and I do get a little lurch in my stomach when the car moves forward at the top, knowing there's no longer anything holding us up.

^I'd put them in a very close second behind Intamin first gens. It's amazing how such sheer OMFGness can come out of such a miniscule tower.

Really? You mean the metal box ones like Demon Drop? Huh. Those actually scare me the least out of the drop rides I've ridden, probably because you can't look straight down like on newer models. I feel more protected on them (the ricketyness of the ride notwithstanding). Though I do like how turning on your back makes it into more of a "ride", and I do get a little lurch in my stomach when the car moves forward at the top, knowing there's no longer anything holding us up.

They're just quirky and screwed up in the best ways. I know what I'm getting I to when I go on one, but I'm still never really prepared for it.

Star Flyers, most evil ride ever. Every time I ride one of those things, I think one of the cables will snap and I'm screwed. Most scary one that I have ridden so far is the one at Plopsaland de Panne. Not because it's the highest of them all, but the fact that the park is right near the Belgian coastline. You have an awesome view up there, but you swing like hell because of the heavy winds. While my little nephew is launching and enjoying the ride, I'm pissing my pants and almost crying .

Even though it is my favorite roller coaster, Dèja Vu (or any GIB) freaks me out. First off, waiting in the loading stall and seeing that train fly thru the station like a blur. Its definitely intimidating . 2ndly, the climb up tower 1 is always freaky because u really cant tell when you're at the top before your train is released. Its like it just happens. The climb up tower 2 will mess you up too because you dont know if catcher 2 is going to cooperate and carry it all the way up the tower. Ever wonder why that platform is under the boomerang? Blame catcher 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Even though it is my favorite roller coaster, Dèja Vu (or any GIB) freaks me out. First off, waiting in the loading stall and seeing that train fly thru the station like a blur. Its definitely intimidating . 2ndly, the climb up tower 1 is always freaky because u really cant tell when you're at the top before your train is released. Its like it just happens. The climb up tower 2 will mess you up too because you dont know if catcher 2 is going to cooperate and carry it all the way up the tower. Ever wonder why that platform is under the boomerang? Blame catcher 2.

Evac platform?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388565489.660332.jpg.d80b4d941469c9b6d786eaddf64439af.jpg

Tatsu scared me the most.

Rides don't usually scare me, but riding Tatsu at nighttime ERT at West Coast Bash frightened me. The most frightening part of the ride in the dark is the lift hill because when you look down, you can see nothing but darkness while in a face down position. Runner up is my first ride on Supreme Scream because I haven't ridden drop towers in a long time at that time.