TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

A few days ago I went on SkyScreamer at SFOG. That was truly terrifying. About 2/3 of the way up, I though I was close to the top. Then I look up and see that there is still quite a bit of tower left to go up. Then, the ride came down, I felt better, but it wasn't slowing down like I expected it to. Next thing I know, I'm going back up to the top of the tower. The second time up was a lot more relaxing, and I can say that I have conquered my fear of heights on that terrifying ride.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S&S screaming swings are the scariest rides I've been on because you feel like you're going to fall out, both when you're going up and when you're going down. And Intamin drop towers are really intimidating too. S&S Space Shots are scary too, but I went on the one at Cedar Point and it was more like a fast elevator. It just looked intimidating.

I haven't been on this ride, but X Scream at Stratosphere Tower looks really scary.

Anything at a fair.

^This. I was stuck on a Tilt a Whirl for what was easily 15 minutes because the operator was busy looking at the bungee jump that was next door.

For me a ride that is insane is the Cosmotron at Knoebels (an older indoor Himalaya) I don't know what it is about it, but I felt like I would be thrown out of my seat.

I guess it sounds quite stupid but The Hollywood Tower of Terror just scares me witless. Don't get me wrong I love it but I get seriously freaked out on it. The whole 'faster than free-fall drop' is bad enough without the upwards speed. I always have this weird feeling that it just won't stop going up. Its brilliant!!

I'm going to la ronde soon, and I'm actually quite scared to ride their mine rail... There are no restraints, and just a small metal bar that licks across as a "door" to block people from jumping out.

• 3 weeks later...

^That sounds really sketchy.. As for me, the only rides that still scare me are drop towers (still love them though ), the older more ghetto looking rides at fairs (even though a lot of the carnies at my local fair actually are quite nice and seem to maintain the rides quite well) and skycoasters (even though they say there's never been an accident on one, I still don't trust that ride... If you can call it a ride lol).

As for me, the only rides that still scare me are drop towers (still love them though )

I want to love them. Terrified. Put it in the dark, ok... Hollywood ToT, I can handle that... but out in the open air? Ugh. Something about it.

And I've been on some pretty big coasters, I'm a CP, SFGAm and KI vet... but our first trip to KD is just weeks away. And I'll tell you what... I305 is scaring the duke out of me. I can't wait.

As for me, the only rides that still scare me are drop towers (still love them though )

I want to love them. Terrified. Put it in the dark, ok... Hollywood ToT, I can handle that... but out in the open air? Ugh. Something about it.

And I've been on some pretty big coasters, I'm a CP, SFGAm and KI vet... but our first trip to KD is just weeks away. And I'll tell you what... I305 is scaring the duke out of me. I can't wait.

Idk... Heights are kind of scary, but certianly not my biggest fear... My thoughts are that after a certianly height (about 50-100' or so) it kinda stoops getting scary, as past that height, you're pretty much doomed if you fall, so adding more height doesn't really do much.. Only prolongs the time you have to wait to hit the ground if you fall lol.

The first time I rode Forbidden Journey, I had one of those moments!

What are those things without faces called?

One of those genuinely startled me enough where I actually let out an "AAAAH!"

284015_2093366545596_474302_n.jpg

I'm the one with glasses.

No coasters scare me like that. I mean, I giggle like a school girl at a Beiber concert, but am never taken by surprise on a coaster.

• 1 month later...

^Launchera used to scare the living s*** outa me until I finally worked up the nerve to ride one... Now I love them!

For some reason inverts used to creep me out when I was young.. I don't really know why, probably due to the fact that that unlike a lot of big rides that travel far out away from where the park goes are, many inverts are compact, like SLCs and BTR clones (the type of inverts that happened to be at parks where I went to when I was young), and usually tower over you and are right there in your face.

If Deja Vu is scary I better get my ass on it pronto! The only coaster that scares me is SkyRush but only in the last row. I have been on the Gigas and Strata coasters and Skyrush still opens them all. The first time i rode it on the last row left wing seat my knee got launched into the air with the airtime and it hit me in the face. That's what I call intense!

The only ride I can think of that I've felt abut freaked out on was Thunder and Lightning (I think that's what they were called) at Lake Compounce...the giant swings. And after reading a few of the comments it seems as though I'm not the only one. I just kept imagining my restraint coming undone and me either flying across the park or straight down into the pavement. I was slightly scared.