TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rode mind warp at Martin's Fantasy Island last week... And while it did not scare the crud out of me, it was defiantly way more intense than I expected. You know that you are in for a ride when the ride-op instructs you how to brace yourself during the ride!

Further more, the intense part is not the first half where the whole structure is flipping, it's the second half when the seats unlock and it's just swinging and whiplash.

There was defiantly points during the ride where the adrenaline started pumping.

Drop towers... Ach! I hate the going up.. Basically any ride other than a coaster that goes up in any way I get freaked out by. Such as skycoasters, ferris wheels.. etc. I ride, but I don't enjoy the going up!

I thankfully figured out a way not to get psyched out going up lift hills.

I don't really get scared ever on coasters. The most I feel is a slight excited/nervous combined feeling the first time I ride a coaster that's different/intense compared to others I've ridden.

However, drop towers still make me really nervous. For that reason, I love riding them. But that feeling when you're at the very top and it's sitting there and you know any second it's going to fall out from under you? And then the split second that you're free falling before you gather your bearings? That.

The only coaster that ever got me extremely nervous was Hypersonic XLC every time! The anticipation of that acceleration (0 to 80 in 1.8 seconds) scared me to near death. Dragster was a piece of cake for me although it is 40 mph faster, it must be more drawn out... I don't know if it was because of the air compressed launch or what.

Anything with a wait time over 20 mins!

-In all seriousness, I used to be terrified of all coasters, but know I've build up a tolerance to coasters and now I just love the feeling of forces and all of the engineering aspects of a ride!

-3-D movies and water rides. I hate getting sprayed by water in 3-D Movies, all the effects and noise just drive me insane. So with the exception of the Disney 3-D movies I usually try to avoid them.

Well, I really don't like any ride that sticks you upside down for more than a few seconds. I'm a little claustrophobic, and the idea of that scares me. I tried one of those "skymaster" rides as well, and I hated it.

Also, this is gonna make you scratch your heads but...I don't like most darkrides. I don't know what it is, but when I'm on a darkride that's meant to scare you, I close my eyes. I close my eyes every time I go into a dark tunnel on any ride, because I don't know what may be inside. I just don't like being startled like that, for some reason. I think it has something to do with my Aspergers syndrome, but I'm very sensitive to loud noises and sudden moves.

• 2 weeks later...

I can go on pretty much any ride or coaster without feeling the least bit scared... but.... something about a Wild Mouse spooks me lol. Getting slung around those tight corners makes me feel ever so slightly like the car will come flying off the track. In a good way of course

Also, I didn't think it was going to bother me one bit, but as soon as a got to the top of the Stratosphere, I felt like my legs were made of jelly. No ride has ever scared me nearly as bad as the Big Shot. So much so that I wasted the $10 ticket I had bought for a second ride, which I was going to use on X Scream. But after The Big Shot, I wanted nothing more than to be safely back on the ground!

As far as coasters go, the only one that really freaked me out was Deja Vu, but I ended up enjoying it.

Flats are a completely different story, though. I will NOT EVER AGAIN get on a Looping Starship-style ride. I can't do those without screaming in pure terror.

I rarely get butterflies when I ride anything anymore. Riding Millennium Force when it debuted in 2000 when I was 13 really had my heart racing, but after that I didn't have any moments like that until...Griffon! Even with a track record of a little over 200 coasters, my first ride on the very outer row hanging over the drop had me a bit scared for a few seconds but then we were released and I was good to go

I took my first ride on X2 last year in the back seat and "HOLY COW" was that first drop intense! Other than that, any drop tower/S&S tower genuinely scares me, even when I'm trying to mislead the person I'm next to by throwing on a fake grin.

I think most new coasters (big ones) scare me my first time, or if I haven't been on them in a while. X2 in particular. They're fun, just anticipating the ride is nerve racking. Tatsu had me pretty scared my first time aswell, I remember looking at the pretzel-lookin thing halfway during the ride, thinking "Headfirst?!-How the hell is this going to work out?" Xcellerator aswell, sitting in a car, watching the lights go down before the launch-whew!

Almost every ride scares the living crud out of me before I ride it; but even though I've tried Catapult at SFNE twice, I'm still haunted by it in my dreams. Same thing goes for Vertigo (La Ronde) and Jet Scream (CWL). I guess my philosophy is that only coasters should go upside-down!

The onlynthing I've ever chickened out on was Power Tower at Cedar Point. I was the person I usually laugh at, making the ride op open the restraints so I could get off before it launched. Don't know what it was. I rode Demon Drop and Tower of Terror but Power Tower did me in. I couldn't even look at the one at Dorney after that.