TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Rides Scares the Crud Out Of You?

This'll sound really stupid, but at the time, Windjammer and Ghostrider at KBF scared the shit out of me. Windjammer kept me off loopers for four or five years, and it took Silver Bullet to enjoy them again. My mom took me on Ghostrider the year it opened (I was 6 or 7) and according to her, I wouldn't stop crying and screaming bloody murder the entire time.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a trend is forming here...Drop towers, although fun, still get me nervous while waiting. The anticipation of that feeling of your insides rushing up into your throat, I get chills just thinking about it. As far as coasters, my first ride on Dragster was pretty nerve racking, especially with the 6 hour wait.

Confession time... The Matterhorn! For some reason as a kid that damn Yeti used to scare the hell out of me because it was so loud. I want to say my mom took me on when I was about 4 due to the really low height requirement and I FLIPPED OUT! I didn't ride again until 6th grade. It's sort of funny because now it may be my favorite coaster at DLR but it used to TERRIFY me, and even that's sorta funny because I could do Thunder, Space, and even Screamin without any problem.

The only other coaster was Superman at SFMM where I chickened out... but I was pretty young and I was kinda scared of it because it was pretty new... it was like first or second grade, but I went on it the following summer... so yay me.

For me, its the freefall/drop rides, and the S&S launch towers. I don't usually have a problem with heights, but its the freefall that really gets to me. The only drop ride I've been on is Demon Drop at CP, and I've yet to build up the nerve to get on the bigger towers. As far as the S&S towers go, I've only been on Holiday World's Liberty Launch, and although small, it still got to me. Needless to say, I've yet to ride the bigger ones.

X2. I waited 2 hours alone (My friend was too freaked out to ride), and watched car after car climb the lift and fall face-first down the first drop. And when I finally made it on the ride, I was practically hysterical on the lift (Thank god the audio was off, with all of the comments that try to psych you out). Once we hit the brakes, I was practically shaking! It still freaks me out when I ride it (But obviously not as much as that first ride).

The Tower of Terror is, well, terrifying, but once I get off I laugh at myself for being scared. The same with the Looping Starship, though I wasn't that scared while on it, just for a few minutes afterwards. There's a lot of rides that scare me before I get on, but when it's done I usually think they're mildly amusing or fun. There's never a thrill ride I've been on I haven't liked. I'm a little scared of going on Behemoth, but I'm sure once I'm over the first drop I'll enjoy it.

The one ride that I am really terrified of are those giant slides. I'm nervous going down regular playground slides, so I will not even go near a giant slide. My sister tried to get me on one a couple days ago. I ended up turning back around halfway up.

Freefall rides which I never been on any of so far, especially drop zone at CGA. It's just so high!

Goliath at SFMM, which if my older brother goes with me on my VIP trip there he'll get me to go on, likely on the very front. (again, it's damn high.)

Front seat on Medusa, Kong, V2 at SFDK. Roar however is fun on the front. Even better on the back though.

Blackpool's Wild Mouse. I look at the old cars, those mushroom pegs, and just the speed it takes the last two corners at and I'm like OMG I can't beleive it's staying on the track...

Also have quite a fear of the ultimate - there's all these old, rotting wooden sleepers the track's bolted to and the heavy clunky trains. Honestly its so brutal I'm amazed it stays together...

Once I took a ride and they were only loading the front 2/3 of the trains (to keep the speed up off the lift!), and when we got to the second hill there was this evil looking guy in a digger with a rope attached, and he was on standby in case the train needed towing up to the chain...

The only ride that scared the living crud out of me was insanity @ The Stratosphere tower in Las Vegas. Second to that probably my most nerve-racking ride was my first skycoaster. I now make a point to do a skycoaster at least once a year and next time I'm in Vegas I'll do skyjump.

The list for me is distinguished- but it's got style, too:

1.) ANY Intamin 2ndGen Freefall tower- I will ride NONE of them. Don't ask. It's not happening.

2.) S&S Power Towers: See above.

3.) Mountain Slidewinder at Dollywood. See above again.

4.) Any rides with Spiders or clowns. Nuff said there.