TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Politically Incorrect Coaster Names

Fire in the Hole (SDC)- it just sounds wrong on multiple levels.

Greased Lightnin'- look..it's named after a song from "Grease". nuff said.

Mind Eraser- this is a toss-up because on the one hand a mind is a terrible thing to erase, but on the other hand, Mind Erasers are one of the most potent and one of the best shots you can order at a bar.

Willard's Whizzer (old coaster from Marriott's Great America..god I'm old)..if this isnt a Freudian slip, I'm not sure what it is.

X2 (SFMM)- two htis of X.

Furious Baco- imagine the horror of being chased by a giant, enraged container of Baco's.

Kong- giant ape that abducts women..rides like one, too. (no, not like that)

Tidal Wave (old Marriot's ride)- see Tsunami

Psyclone has always struck me funny as it looks like a psychological natural disaster.

More later.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

The Intimidators - They're purpose is to promote fear and terror, therefore they're enemies to all we hold dear.

Boomerang - Clearly designed to be a racial attack against australians.

These two aren't coasters but why not?

Pirates Of The Caribbean - Offensive in relation to somewhat recent somalian activities.

Apocalypse - Points to religious beliefs of judgement day, so offensive to atheists, they just keep throwing the dangers of not repenting in our faces!

Great White--I can never hear this term without thinking of the band who was playing during that during that horrible, tragic nightclub fire that killed one of its members.

And 99 other people that I think are worth a mention.

The Exterminator - cruelty to animals.

Magnum XL 200 - reference to guns.

Michael Jackson Thrill Ride - no explanation needed.

Saw: The Ride - tie in to a movie franchise involving a psychopath who makes people mutilate themselves or others in exchange for sparing their life.

Magnum XL 200 - reference to guns.

Magnum XL 200 - reference to...oops, I probably shouldnt say that

Laser Snake Horse on Fire - Those things are more deadly than Manbearpig!

And it's been said already, but Montezooma's Revenge is flat out wrong.

Great White--I can never hear this term without thinking of the band who was playing during that during that horrible, tragic nightclub fire that killed one of its members.

And 99 other people that I think are worth a mention.

I meant no offense to those people and their loved ones. I don't even listen to the band. Since this is a lighthearted thread (except for that mention), I didn't feel the need to go into detail.

Back on topic.

There are dozens more I could come up with, but of course I couldn't sort which are actually funny and which are just a product of my twisted "12-year-old" mind.

• 4 weeks later...
If people get offended by the word Tsunami, they might as well be offended by this list of coaster names that can be associated with killing people:

Lemmy from Motorhead had a great line once: "Everybody's looking to be offended....They want to be offended. They offend me by not being offended themselves..."

Rampage. Instigating chaotic violent behavior or a shamless plug for a park that has Cedar Point's old fountain? You decide.