TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

^ LMFAO - so true - I'm keeping my figures crossed and hoping for the best. My observation and concern is the fact that Steel Hawg has a modified layout from the video(s). Those videos show smooth transitions, like the longer run off after the first drop. The reality of SH's transitions are what I want to see on those testing videos. Anyone have any idea when testing will begin? The trains do look sweet btw.

^If you look real good you'lls ee that the seats really are stadium-ized. it's just that the seats in the back appear to be hsorter or have the restraitns pushed further down.

And is it good thing that the wheels are small or not?

Is it just me, or do the restraints look like they'll be uncomfortable? The rest of the ride looks nice, and while it probably won't be the park's best coaster, it still looks like it will be fun. Of course, I'll wait until I see it in action until I make my final decision, but as long as it isn't as slow as a Screamin Squirrel, this should be a decent ride. Sure it won't be great, but it is a pretty big coaster for the size of land they had to build it on.

The restraints actually look relatively good to me. I mean, at least the shoulder harnesses look like they'll sit at a good place mostly below the head so that you won't bash into them going around a turn. The head backs look odd to me though.

Are these basically the same as the Screaming Squirrel restraints? Anyone been on a Screaming Squirrel that can fill us in on how they feel?

They look like the Screamin' Swing restraints with shoulder additions, with the huge crotch-knob on the seat and the lapbar coming in from the side with the extra piece sticking down in the middle. I was always curious while on Skyhawk how those little knobs on the seat and lapbar would feel if the seats ever completely inverted...I guess this would be the way to find out.

Those cars look sexy!

I find the recent S&S restraints to be some of the best around. They fit pretty much any rider perfectly, keeping them safe, yet comfortable!

^ we all have blinders on hoping to god we are wrong and the ride kicks butt. Maybe the small wheels will keep the train slow allowing for smooth transitions? (we can hope anyway - bring on the testing videos)

Go CELTICS - 36 point lead in the 4th - what a blowout !!!!!

Wont this coaster give crazy hang time. Has S&S ever built a coaster with inversions before cause if not I am kind of scared for thid ride. When I move out of my parents house someday I will leave this place of all crappy rides (Not including Tatsu, Screamin, Riddlers, Accelerator,) So Cal and go to a park like this.

Wont this coaster give crazy hang time. Has S&S ever built a coaster with inversions before cause if not I am kind of scared for thid ride. When I move out of my parents house someday I will leave this place of all crappy rides (Not including Tatsu, Screamin, Riddlers, Accelerator,) So Cal and go to a park like this.

X2/Eejanaika? X was built under Arrow but S&S kept the same design anyway.

I think this coasters looks very creative, but i have to say it does resemble a knex coaster called renegade run a little bit.

http://www.knex.com/building_toys/renegade_run_coaster.php

I think it will be very intersting to see what the reviews on this, becuase the inversions on this look intense with all of the hang time and quick transistions i see, especially the part of the ride where train rolls to the outside while making a curve to the left. I have to say the paint job on teh trains look great.

have a great day all,