TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

^ And bring in more money...

To clear things up, I wasn't bashing screamscape in general, just laughing at the article that was posted about the Hoosier Hurricane. I appreciate all that Lance does weeding through all the junk out there and trying to find credible rumors to post. He does a great job. The one posted in this thread, however, was ridiculous if you ask me. That's all.

-James Dillaman

We managed to hit IB for a quick four hour trip this Saturday, and the Hawg did not disappoint.

The lift hill feels steeper than it looks, and the ascent is over before you realize it. The lack of banking on the turnaround gives some solid lateral force, and the first drop is as solid as it looks (albeit a bit short). I didn't feel uncomfortable at all during any of the elements, even the outbanked turn. And the visual of rushing toward the ground during the declined heartline is quite unique.

Capacity could be a problem on busier days, but the ops seemed to know their business (and compared to the one-train operation on Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain, a twenty minute wait felt like a breeze). The queue stairs put you this/close to the final brake run, so at least it gives you something to look at. It sure beats peering over the fence at the adjacent bungalows, and what seemed like a score of fat, shirtless men playing bags.

In closing, SH seems to be the only thing at IB that hasn't been sitting there since 1963. Man, I love that park.

Ok, I am as disappointed with the crappy new Indiana Beach as everyone, but new rides always have issues. Everything else at the park this year is completely inexcusable, but problems with Hawg can not be the park's fault .. if you want to blame someone, blame S&S.

Cameron.

What problems have you noticed with the park? We were there yesterday and had a pretty good day out. Though it was extremely dead, which I think helped matters a lot.

The main thing I noticed was that Cornball was running pretty poorly. Maybe this is just because it's the end of the season and the ride needs some off season work, but I wasn't impressed with it much. We only rode it twice even though it was walk-on all day.

The skyride broke down and they had to climb one of the towers and use a special tool to pull the cable back on to the guide wheels. Also, Den of Lost Thieves had a brief outage when we got there, but was up for most of the day.

Is the Falling Star coming out? It'll be a bummer if they do that.

As for Steel Hawg, I thought it was pretty fun. A nice little addition to the park. Something like Formule X at Drievliet would have been a little bit better, but Steel Hawg is still a pretty solid addition even if it's not mind blowing.

I think that Falling Star might be coming out. It was down when I went in July aswell..Shame that Cornball wasn't performing for you. I'd definatly put it up there with my top 5 woods. I agree on Steel Hawg though. Really fun ride, but nothing mind blowing.

Finally, I'd love to get a clone of Formule X for Coney Island Ohio

• 4 weeks later...

I was at The Beach on Sunday and had an amazing day .. it really felt like the "old" Indiana Beach. Everything was running, people were happy, they even fixed the light on the train at the end of Lost Coaster (which has been out for years). Don't write this park off just yet, even if Morgan keeps running it. You people are going to go insane if you keep freaking out over every little thing you see and hear - no matter how informed a "source" claims to be. Just go to the park and enjoy it, it's not like you have any influence over what might happen.

Also remember that the park is open until 10pm every Saturday in October, with fireworks at closing - that will give 3-4 hours of darkness which will be awesome. Plus there is (apparently going to be) Halloween crap setup too. I just hope I have a single free Saturday in October to go.

Cameron.

Just go to the park and enjoy it, it's not like you have any influence over what might happen.

That's easy to say for someone who lives not too far from the park, but for someone like me who lives in another country, every trip has to be planned, and weather the park is it's old self or not is a dealbreaker for me in terms of "should I work my trip to fit in IB or not".

However, I am very glad to hear that it felt like its old self again!

I am just tired in general of all the "world is going to end" threads that we have for so many parks. SF, Busch, IB, Conneaut, KW, etc. Just support the park and let some time pass before you make the judgement. There will always be parks going under and there will sometimes be new parks. The cycle just works that way.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed that this hasn't generated more discussion!

While I think it's nice that they're offering this, I wonder how popular the season pass is going to be considering how the park is in a sparsely populated area. I wonder how many repeat trips they get per year, outside of the locals of course.

Still, I don't think this is a bad move at all.

It can never hurt to give season passes a try. I think $99.95 is a bit steep however I can see why they are setting it that high to try and get people to purchase 4 or more for the reduced rate of $49.95 so they can sell a larger quantity.

When you click on the purchase link (https://webhost.corecashless.com/indianabeach/ticketsales/?p=is12t4ym) they offer "Cool cash" as well. This is a beneficial perk that I would like to see more parks do. Below is the table they show for "Cool Cash" amounts:

$25 Cool Cash gets $27.50 in Value $25.00 / each

$50 Cool Cash gets $57.50 in Value $50.00 / each

$100 Cool Cash gets $120 in Value $100.00 / each

• 1 year later...

Indiana Beach Announces Adventure Point For 2011!

New for 2011 Indiana Beach introduces Adventure Point. Adventure Point is Indiana Beach's third park area joining the Boardwalk Funway Rides and Ideal Beach Waterpark. Adventure Point at Indiana Beach is home to new Zip Lines, a high ropes course, rock climbing, and the new Adventure Point Outfitters shop.

Indiana Beach's Adventure Point is part of a multi-year, multi-million dollar expansion and improvement plan that includes a new enterance plaza, remodeled and upgraded restrooms and facilities and much more.

From the season pass page it looks like these new attractions will not be included in a 'normal' ride wristband. The park currently has season passes listed at $59.95 and 'Adventure Passes' for sale at $99.95. More info at http://www.indianabeach.com/pages/indianabeach_adventure_point

MOD EDIT: Thank you for posting this info. The moderators will turn news threads into Discussion Threads for the park when the original news has died down. The official Discussion Thread will have additional links and info about to park that is in a manner consistent with other Discussion Threads.

Edited by larrygator

Looks great, but have you checked the park's website? Seems pretty expensive to me, but I'm sure that's just to offset the initial price. Also, I'm guessing that you could just pay to go on it once, correct? If so, than that wouldn't be too bad. BTW, I'm new to TPR. Yay!