TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

I must admit that although this is sad to read, I think it's a bit dramatic to assume the worst right now. Time will tell.

I dunno. Not many larger companies would be willing to play as fast and loose as IB does with their rides. I wouldn't be surprised to see things like dialing down the Double Shot's launch intensity, forcing you to ride 2 per seat on the Falling Star, shortening ride cycle times, etc.

I'm also skeptical that an RV park company will do as good of a job with the amazing enthusiast event that IB puts on every year.

IB is one of the greatest parks ever. There's almost nothing I'd change about it.

If they're only changing owners and the management stays the same, then this might not be a big deal.

When I first saw the article my first thought was Oh No not another Lesordsville disaster. RV park owner dismantels amusement park for RV parking. Well at least the article is pretty positive about the future of the park but most articles never are reliable about future predictions because they are only reporting what they get told.

We can only hope that the park will stay as it is or get improved and hope that it doesnt loose its personality and charm.

This... Sucks...

INCREDIBLY sucks.

And to a resorts corporation nevertheless, they'll probably try to commercialize it and make it more widely known by making some out of character changes tot he park. It'll lose it's current diamond in the rough(or in a corn field, for that matter) appeal if that happens.

How can you even say this until you know what happens. Seriously, the nay-saying is getting ridiculous.

Are they even going to replace the management? It seems a little odd that the founder's grandson would speak so positively about the future if he and the rest of the current management aren't going to be involved in anyway. At least they are stressing that this resort company is family owned. Granted, a lot of the times, that can mean jack, but it could be worse.

I definitely think it's a little unfair to just assume that things are going to crap now, though. I'm just going to keep an "eh, whatever" attitude until changes actually start to happen.

I hope it keeps the charm it has today. Based on PTR's here, it seems like a small, but incredibly awesome park! Hopefully someday ill get the chance to visit it. At least the article wasnt a doom and gloom article stating how the park would be flattened for an RV park this summer, or any plans to do so

They should install credit card swipers on every Fascination seat. Mofo's would be bankrupt in like a couple hours.

As dangerous as this sounds....

Royal Caribbean allows children (and adults) to use Seapass to purchase arcade credits. Seapass is then paid for by credit, so in essence you are playing arcade games on credit. No imagine if they implemented that for Slot Machines? O_o

^Exactly.

The same thing happened when my brother's employer was bought out buy a major corporation. Everybody kept their same position. The company still works like it did before, except now the profit goes to somebody else.

Hopefully, for the most part, that is what has happened here with IB.

As Johnnyupsidedown pointed out, the only thing making me leery about this is what happened when the RV company bought out LeSourdsville. We all know how THAT turned out. Hopefully this company will actually know what it's doing with an amusement park. Let the current management stay, as they've been doing a great job.

-James Dillaman

Maybe the new owners will just concentrate on the holiday homes that they have there & leave the amusement park side to the current management ? .

" If it aint broke - why fix it " I think ...

The park & whole place is just awesome & I really wanna go back there 1 day.

I was at the Boat, Sport and Travel show in Indy today and IB had a booth. I feel better about the new owners. Apparently they like the park, so that is a good thing. They have more money, so expect a cleaner park is what the reps said. Also, I have heard rumors about this being tig'rr's last year, from what I was told, IB likes this coaster and wants to keep it. Apparently there is only 2 left in the US, according to the people at the booth.

^Exactly.

The same thing happened when my brother's employer was bought out buy a major corporation. Everybody kept their same position. The company still works like it did before, except now the profit goes to somebody else.

Hopefully, for the most part, that is what has happened here with IB.

My dad's company was bought out this way, too. The original management was kept on until the new owners got a grasp on the operation of the company.

Then, they installed their own management. Soon after that they shut the place down and moved the operation to Mexico.

I realize a park can't be moved in it's entirety, but just because the Spackman family is remaining to manage the park, doesn't mean it can't go horribly wrong in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

At WCB, the guy from S&S talked a lot about this concept and showed videos and pictures.

I am NOT impressed. It looks quite painful, uncomfortable, and barely a step above the Squirrel (which he kept mentioning as being a giant failure HILARIOUS!!!)