TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

I thought Indiana Beach was quite fun, one of the best parks on the Midwest trip. I can't wait to see more on this coaster, and hopefully I will be back soon enough to enjoy the park again.

TJ "Nothing beats bears and beads" MacLennan

Agreed! I loved Indiana Beach on the Midwest Trip and I never would have been able to go if it weren't for that trip! I hope this ride is crammed in there like all the other rides are!

Same here Chris, I hope somehow that it has the crammed in feeling.

I'm sure this ride will fit in well with the park. And yet it makes me yearn for a go back to Indiana Beach again, this and Fascination makes me want to go again.

This sucks, I went to Indiana Beach this year....

To everyone who was all "Awww, it's a bummer I went to Indiana Beach this year..."

I think it's a pretty fair to say that anytime you do a trip that includes multiple parks there's a really good chance one of them will get something new the next year....

Robb Alvey wrote:

I think it's a pretty fair to say that anytime you do a trip that includes multiple parks there's a really good chance one of them will get something new the next year....

I personally, was being tongue in cheek, I stopped short of blaming Elissa and you for not holding off the midwest trip until 2008 because your psychic powers had failed you. Seriously though, I agree with you, if you held off going to parks in case they added something good, you'd never go to any. I just view this as an incentive to go again sometime though IB is a bit out of the way.

On a serious note, I really like the look of this, that 120 degree drop will be insane, I love those beyond 90 drops, it was so much fun on maverick. Ahhh, Indiana Beach, the memories - Cornball, anarchy at the Bumper Cars, lost coaster, I'll stop there...

So if you want your park to be assured to get a coaster make sure I go their.

PLEASE Dave! I am begging you!

Visit us at Playland, here in Vancouver!

As soon as you can!

He should go "there" then. Not their.

Well this will make IB a definite must next year. Not that it isn't anyway. One new credit, here I come!

^You know Cameron will want us to go like 15 times so that shouldn't be a problem.

For others there is no way that this won't have the crammed in feeling, because that park has no room left unless you cram it in. IB needs to have plenty of lube for any future expansions.

If I were one to care about coaster counts and milestones and such, then I'd be excited that Steel Hawg will more than likely be my 200th coaster!

I'll be there on May 3rd .. even if the new ride isn't running yet, I'll STILL be there on may 3rd

Seriously - this could be pretty cool, I can't wait to ride it.

Cameron.

IB definately better than HW. The tacos rule and IMO are the only counter food I had there that was worth eating twice other than the corndogs.

I agree Chuck the name is awesome and it gives "going hoggin" a nice new meaning.

Well, the coaster world already has "Wild Mouse" and "Screamin' Squirrel," so it's high time for a "Steel Hawg."

I don't know what to think about this ride as if it is like the Screamin Squirrel then it won't be that good. However, it is unique, and if IB can have it interact with the rides around it, then maybe it will be better. However, I'm sure it will be popular with the GP, and that is what matters to the park. If done properly, then this could be kind of fun, but this by itself is not making me want to rush over to the park.

I didn't think that the tacos were that great. I am debating on to either go to Holiday World on May 3rd and Indiana beach on May 4th or vice versa. Depends on what Holiday World is adding, and dang you Paula and you blog posts.

You might want to hit HW as the Hawg is not scheduled to open until mid may.

As for me, I'm surprised everyone is snapping to judgements so quickly. Isn't this a concept design?