TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

All that makes sense. I love me some CCI's but they deff are not the most well aged rides (hell weren't the smoothest in the day) but that all sounds like good stuff. I always heard it had unexpected airtime and packed quite a punch, but this was years ago glad to hear it's still very solid!

• 2 weeks later...

Bizarre that they haven't repainted it yet. I know they are still working on fixing everything and painting might be the final step, but you'd think they could have done that in the last year while it was all still on the ground. Makes me wonder how much magnafluxing/NDT they've done on the connections... 

22 hours ago, Shavethewhales2 said:

Bizarre that they haven't repainted it yet. I know they are still working on fixing everything and painting might be the final step, but you'd think they could have done that in the last year while it was all still on the ground. Makes me wonder how much magnafluxing/NDT they've done on the connections... 

The son of the owner mentioned on a reddit post regarding the ride (or it was on instagram, my memory is failing me at the moment) that the reasoning behind the paint job not being finished is due to the cold, as paint sometimes doesn't apply very well when its absurdly cold out. They plan on fully painting the ride once it has been assembled. 

• Like 1

I wonder why they faced the ride toward the road instead of the other direction facing the park and the entrance there.  Anyone know why?   Seems like the noise it would make for the guests staying across the street would be a little loud for them.

Indiana Beach announced today that opening day will be April 30! They also announced that their new(ish) Galaxi coaster will be called Cyclone, and will open with the park on opening day!

https://indianabeach.com/cyclone/

I know adding a relocated Galaxi isn't all that exciting to most people, but I personally don't mind them and think they are fine fits for small parks and fairs. Especially when you consider IB's other coasters, I think Cyclone will make for a nice supporting coaster especially if it's mostly smooth and maintained well. I don't think it will blow anyone away...but it should be fun nonetheless!

And for the part that everyone is really interested in...Quimera/American Drier Looping/Triple Loop Coaster/whatever it's called now is now listed as "Coming Summer 2022"...

On 1/22/2022 at 6:33 PM, JJLehto said:

Enthusiasts really do have little faith sometimes (or just cant help but get jabs) I mean...they're gunna paint it and not leave it a random, rusty mess lol like it's still being constructed! 

They would leave the rust at Six Flags and call it Themeing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ricklap77 said:

I thought they called their triple loop Cyclone!  It would have been a great name!

I thought the exact same thing. I was like "Oh wow! Great name for that coaster!" Then I watched the video... 😭

Ah. Analytical tiers. I have that too. 

Tier 1a: I like this coaster.

Tier 4c: *I really like this coaster.

Tier X: *I don't like this coaster.

Tier 0 shits: *Let's go get a beer, people watch, and ride the antique cars.

I guess I just take things a little more seriously than you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I went to the park yesterday for my first ever visit! Loved the atmosphere of the park and was amazed by how they fit everything in the space.

Cyclone was messy. No activity for the first couple hours the park was open. When we saw it testing we booked it there and there was a small line. Eventually it opened, and had one or two cycles with riders before it broke down. The ride operator told the line it would be a quick fix, it just needed to be released from the brake by maintenance. It was back up in 15-20 minutes. Again, one or two cycles with riders and then it broke down. This time there was no immediate reason given by the ops, maintenance came and shortly after that the ops said they were shutting down the ride and wouldn’t say if it was for the day or not. This was about the same time maintenance was pushing hard to get Lost Coaster open, so they didn’t work on Cyclone for a couple hours. We would walk by and see little activity. Eventually they were working on the top of the ride right before the first drop. While waiting for Hoosier we heard on the radio that they were going to open cyclone with one train, so we booked it there and were first in line. Shortly after we got there they started cycling consistently with maintenance riding. The ride operator told us that a train had ripped off a sensor right before the drop and that’s why the ride closed, that makes sense why we saw maintenance where they were. Eventually Cyclone opened and we got our ride, and it was running consistently for the two hours before I left. (At least from what I saw, it’s hard to see it operation from a lot of the areas in the park)

As for the ride itself, it has major clearance issues, be warned. In the station they tell you to hold on to a bar in front of you, and I was thinking I’ve heard that so many times, it means nothing. Seriously, for half the ride, you will smack your hand on something if you don’t keep them in the vehicle. Something that shocked me - I sat in the front right seat of the car, and I am 6 foot 2. After dispatch you make a 180 right turn and then you start the lift. When you start inclining on the lift, there is track/structure above you and it was INSANELY close to my head. I ended up ducking a little to avoid it. I think I would have been fine if I didn’t duck, but it’s seriously that close. I would have closed my eyes and hope I made it if I didn't duck. The rider behind me said to me after the ride she wasn’t sure if I would have cleared it or not. Not so much that I care about the clearance, obviously if you stay in the vehicle you’re fine, but definitely worth noting. I can see an injury coming to people/kids not keeping hands in vehicles, but the ops made it clear to hang on the entire time. There's a wicked airtime moment in the middle of the ride, you get inches between your behind and the seat. Some wicked laterals too, specifically the last turn before the brake run.

I think Cornball isn't ready for operation yet. I can't comment on Saturday, but it was closed all day Sunday and stated by the park entrance it was going to be. I saw lots of buckets and equipment on the track while riding Tig'rr. Speaking of Tig'rr, we found the train for Cascabel while riding. The flywheel looks like it's still on property.

Steel Hawg got painted, and it looks great. HOWEVER, it looks like they cheeped out, because the paint is literally flying off. Whenever they sent a train it started snowing small pieces of orange paint and it is all over the ground in the queue. Makes me worried for Triple Loop repaint because that ride is a complete mess underneath any coat of paint they are putting on if they are using the same method as Steel Hawg. Speaking of Triple Loop, we saw them painting it. No train on track. The three curved drops are blue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So happy "Galaxi" is back.  Proving once more again there is not only more than corn in Indiana, but there are tiny carnival coasters so perfectly placed they are more fun than most GIANT coasters within a few hours. 

Coasters with staying power, no matter the forces.  Hmmm...

Everyone wants B&M and RMC but we are well saturated with those.

• Confused 1