TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

Some are speculating that the loops were simply placed wrong originally and that they are still working on fit and refurbishment of the ride. Hard to say what is true at this point. The new Galaxi certainly went up fast and without much issue, so it makes you wonder. I presume they have some major metal work that needs to be done to get the Drier Looping fixed, and it's not a simple task. Probably best to take it down in any case until they are ready to fix everything and get it truly put together. 

• 2 weeks later...

I spy with my little (Indiana Beach Facebook page) eye...Schwarzkopf track!

image.thumb.png.b171ece7e69d7122e5024750b8457ddc.png 

...and fresh paint on Steel Hawg...

Still hoping they get the Quimera/Drier Looping/Whatever they want to call it figured out, looks like it could be a fun and solid ride for them.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Ha! For one reason or another, it "feels/looks like" to me, the left side of Olympia Looping Coaster.

Remembered from past experience on Olympia. Actually, the TPR 2010 Europe Tour.

751957539_ResizeofJ-07.jpg.e7c87f10f73c04b3217084a5b3a5716f.jpg

Dunno. It just looks like it, to me. In Germany, during a Beer Keg Opening Festival. Truth!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy hell this is indeed actually happening. I never imagined I'd want to stop at Indiana Beach but this looks wild. And I've never ridden any of the big crazy intense Schwarzkopf's (and even the ones I've done pack some wallop) so yeah I am stoked

Saw this picture :D

B0060B7D-84DF-44DC-A405-F61F30F40FBE.jpeg

• Like 1

I'll gladly go first! I have zero reason to be afraid of this coaster whenever it goes through proper protocols and reopens, and I love Indiana Beach, so I'll be there ready and rarin' to ride as soon as it opens! I'm just not one to live in fear... About anything! 😏

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ricklap77 said:

If it's as intense and smooth as the West Edmonton Mall's Mindbender, it will be awesome!  The WEM Mindbender is one hell of a coaster!  Quite INTENSE!

I was floored when the word of God, erm I mean RCDB, listed this ride at 6.1 G's 😮 But that would make sense, I know those big daddy Schwarzkopf's are intense as hell and this ride does have that type of look. And we know how forceful even the "smaller" ones are...so yeah this may be one helluva ride! Absolutely stopping here next year. Always wanted to for Cornball but never could justify it but feels right to finally go. 

It ran with all it's block brakes disabled when it was Quimera, I imagine that it pulled more G's than originally intended. Knowing IB's owners love for classic rides I imagine they will restore it to the speed it originally ran at, which was still crazy but not 6.1g's crazy. 

Trims can be a good thing on these old Schwartzkopfs. Keep them from being too rough and ripping themselves apart. 

I probably mentioned this before, but I rode this thing many years ago back at Flamingoland when my family lived in the UK for a few years. It's such a fantastic ride. Just swoops and loops, and somehow it feels amazing. 

Oh yeah hope no one thought I was whining or disappointed deff super excited. 

Also how is Cornball Express these days? I always heard nothing but rave things but ya know it's been around some time now. I have decided I will prob take some more days and extend my Ohio trip, prob out to Chicago so I will deff be stopping here. Assuming the new coaster is open ofc. 

3 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Oh yeah hope no one thought I was whining or disappointed deff super excited. 

Also how is Cornball Express these days? I always heard nothing but rave things but ya know it's been around some time now. I have decided I will prob take some more days and extend my Ohio trip, prob out to Chicago so I will deff be stopping here. Assuming the new coaster is open ofc. 

Here's my review from my trip there this July:

No grouper?  Yay!
PTC Buzz-bar trains? Double Yay! 
Super-lackadasical enforcement of seatbelt tightness?  Triple Yay!
CCI hybrid typical roughness?  Boo.
That said, this was a decent enough ride for one lap (I don't think my brain could take a second), in the front row.  Got plenty of air, but some of the laterals were just too much with the shuffling along the track.  Also, this was only running one train and I didn't see a parking track anywhere for a second, which makes no sense.  13 minute wait-and-ride time for the front row.  Now that I look back at it, I should have gone around for another lap in the back, but that'll have to wait for the next trip.  7/10.

• Like 1

I had a blast on Cornball express in early August last year.  Maybe not the smoothest, but the front row is a blast.  Rare that I prefer it up there.  There's one or two spots that will surprise you with the airtime.  Probably rode it 8 or 9 times before we took off.

• Like 3