TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

^^ I'm surprised I've been on so many of these kinds of coasters! Thanks to Robb and Elissa with their earlier tours, I have had the good fortune to ride Psyke Underground (or whatever it was called, back in 2008), Shuttle Loop at Nagashima, the Arrow shuttle loop in Blackpool, the one in Rusutsu Park, and probably (at least?) two of the ones in China. And Cascabel 2.0 in the now closed La Feria Chapultepec Park in Mexico City.

But my heart goes to my very first one, Tidal Wave at (then) Marriott's Great America in CA. And my current fave, when I get down there to ride it, is Montezuma's Revenge (always loved that name, lol)  🎢

• Like 1

Just curious, but what makes the shuttle loops so great? I barely remember the one at Knotts. Although, that was pre-beer park times where all I wanted to do is ride the bigger and better coasters, instead of enjoying most things for what they are.

5 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Just curious, but what makes the shuttle loops so great? I barely remember the one at Knotts. Although, that was pre-beer park times where all I wanted to do is ride the bigger and better coasters, instead of enjoying most things for what they are.

Nostalgia.  And they're pretty fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Just curious, but what makes the shuttle loops so great?

It's an immediate, screaming, adrenaline rush (for me) as you're catapulted out of the station, towards the loop.

Then, after going backwards through the loop, it's speeding backwards through the station, towards that spike.

And it's all over in what.... 30 seconds or so?

Just love it.

• Like 2

^^ I'm surprised I've been on so many of these kinds of coasters! Thanks to Robb and Elissa with their earlier tours, I have had the good fortune to ride Psyke Underground (or whatever it was called, back in 2008), Shuttle Loop at Nagashima, the Arrow shuttle loop in Blackpool, the one in Rusutsu Park, and probably (at least?) two of the ones in China. And Cascabel 2.0 in the now closed La Feria Chapultepec Park in Mexico City.
But my heart goes to my very first one, Tidal Wave at (then) Marriott's Great America in CA. And my current fave, when I get down there to ride it, is Montezuma's Revenge (always loved that name, lol)  [emoji567]

Did you ride the shuttle loop in China that scraped through the loop and looked like it wasn’t going to make it? That one looked crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I believe you're asking about the shuttle loop coaster in Beijing Shijingshan Park? I was in the first group that rode it (TPR 2012 China Tour). And when we fiiiinnnnally got to the top of that loop, we could hear a KERCHUNK! Which apparently meant "a few" of the wheels on the train literally separated from the track! And when I took this photo of it below, you could easily hear the CLUNK from that distance as well.

Pretty unsettling sound and experience. But of course, we rode it anyway, LOL!

EDIT to add: This was one of those shuttle loops, that had the train being pulled backwards up an (eventual) inclined piece of track. Then it was released. we raced thru the station, into the loop and then KERCHUNK.

2066666100_Resizeof0005_21.jpg.f9550b231329e83147e0293d70e7ac12.jpg

Right about "there" is that sound. (Pardon the sidebar.)

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, i305isdaddy said:

Is this thing supposed to still open this year? I haven’t seen any progress photos and it needed a lot of work after it’s journey up from Mexico.

You know these are designed to be assembled in a matter of days, right?

On 4/1/2021 at 8:36 AM, i305isdaddy said:

Is this thing supposed to still open this year? I haven’t seen any progress photos and it needed a lot of work after it’s journey up from Mexico.

Actually, it's already constructed, but this thread was trying to compete with the Worlds of Fun thread for inactivity. Way to ruin it.

• Haha 4

Coasty McCoasterforce was the name announced for the new coaster on April 1st, maybe an April Fool's Joke :)  But if it's not, at least it's original.

It is painted white and blue (see how easy that was Six Flags Over Texas?  Poor Shockwave with those odd colors over the years) in the facebook video they posted https://fb.watch/4JJ8jyTa1x/

This was posted today on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2219020924879616/permalink/3810610325720660/

Those track pieces don't look refurbished at all, and the train is not looking great either. IS thing even going to be ready this year? I know it can be erected pretty fast, but refurbs take awhile to complete, it also depends on how much of it is actually needing a refurb?

Video update from outside the park.

Those green trains are from Cascabel shuttle loop which was in Mexico City.  Also ride pods from a HUSS Condor. Probably the one from La Feria also.

14 hours ago, tanthonyam said:

This was posted today on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2219020924879616/permalink/3810610325720660/

Those track pieces don't look refurbished at all, and the train is not looking great either. IS thing even going to be ready this year? I know it can be erected pretty fast, but refurbs take awhile to complete, it also depends on how much of it is actually needing a refurb?

From what I understand, the refurbishment efforts are ongoing and being handled on-site at the park. I believe those pieces are still coming from Mexico, it can be assumed that the pieces already at the park are in the process of being worked on while waiting for the others.

Who would have thought a 37 year old roller coaster purchased during COVID from Mexico, that had been previously located at 5 other parks, and had once tragically killed riders, would take a little time and TLC . Maybe we should give Indiana Beach a little credit.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Who would have thought a 37 year old roller coaster purchased during COVID from Mexico, that had been previously located at 5 other parks, and had once tragically killed riders, would take a little time and TLC . Maybe we should give Indiana Beach a little credit.

Totally agree!!

On 4/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, prozach626 said:

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN