TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Indiana Beach (IB) Discussion Thread

I heard something about that Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop from the same park as the Triple Loop coaster. Indiana Beach would also have bought this rollercoaster.
Is that true? That would be awesome because there aren't many shuttle loop coasters left in the world.

7 hours ago, coastered said:

I heard something about that Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop from the same park as the Triple Loop coaster. Indiana Beach would also have bought this rollercoaster.
Is that true? That would be awesome because there aren't many shuttle loop coasters left in the world.

I highly doubt that, but the owner did mention that they want to add a second roller coaster in 2022.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=414930102976641

^ Who cares about the kids when they could get another Schwarzkopf?

https://coasternation.com/indiana-beach-to-get-new-coaster-in-2022-potentially-adding-kennywoods-former-laser-loop/?fbclid=IwAR2GBagx4v_dI8YOQPobelrO9nTqbnj0Zq8nXwW4iNWl0Pc-lYUEjNVDiAY

So people are drawing the conclusion that the possible new coaster in 2022 could be the old Kennywood Laser Loop (Cascabel). That would literally be the most incredible thing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

I would be so happy if they got the shuttle coaster. I miss Tidal Wave a lot at SFGAm, so to have this less than 3 hours away would be fantastic!  I would love to have my son experience what launch coasters used to be like.

I give the new owner credit for not only reviving what was thought to be a dead park, but pursuing an aggressive growth plan that will help to entice guests back and reestablish a relationship with regional visitors. I’ll be very curious to see how they approach refurbishing these Schwartkopfs and if these additions are enough to spur a turnaround for the park, given how rough the last few years have been.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 11:13 PM, jedimaster1227 said:

I give the new owner credit for not only reviving what was thought to be a dead park, but pursuing an aggressive growth plan that will help to entice guests back and reestablish a relationship with regional visitors. I’ll be very curious to see how they approach refurbishing these Schwartkopfs and if these additions are enough to spur a turnaround for the park, given how rough the last few years have been.

I mean, it's been enough to convince me to finally stop by IB next time I'm out there! I sure hope it can turn things around, seems like such a unique little park that has had so many tribulations, would be great to see it thrive. 

Buying Quimera already came out of nowhere. I would argue that this was more surprising than getting the shuttle loop. If they get the shuttle loop, then that would be fantastic too. There is only one left in the US, so that would  double the number. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, MrSum1_55 said:

Buying Quimera already came out of nowhere. I would argue that this was more surprising than getting the shuttle loop. If they get the shuttle loop, then that would be fantastic too. There is only one left in the US, so that would  double the number. 

Is Montezooma's Revenge really the only shuttle loop left in the US??

And Bullet in Mexico which is kind of like a Shuttle Loop. I really wish I'd headed out to Flamingo Land to try it many years ago instead of deciding on going to Drayton Manor to try out a stand up coaster instead.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:27 PM, Canobie Coaster said:

^ Yes.  The remaining ones are really spread out.  1 in North America, 1 in Brazil, 1 in Europe, 1 in Japan, and 1 in South Africa.

I didn't realize there were that few left. Now that I think about I believe I've only been on two traditional shuttle loops. Does this include shuttle loops from all manufacturers or just Schwartzkopf? 

1 hour ago, 805Andrew said:

I didn't realize there were that few left. Now that I think about I believe I've only been on two traditional shuttle loops. Does this include shuttle loops from all manufacturers or just Schwartzkopf? 

That does not include arrow shuttle loops 

1 hour ago, 805Andrew said:

Canobie missed the portable shuttle at Selva Magica. According to RCDB, there are 6 Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loops left in operation:

Bullet @ Selva Magica in Mexico (Portable model with the tire driven spikes)
Golden Loop @ Gold Reef City in South Africa
Katapult @ Hopi Hari in Brazil
Montezuma @ Knott's in California
Psyke Underground @ Walabi in Belgium
Shuttle Loop @ Nagashima Spa Land in Japan

There are also 3 Arrow shuttle loops currently in operation:

Diamondback @ Frontier City in Oklahoma
Revolution @ Blackpool in England
Sidewinder @ Elitch Gardens in Colorado

There's also a Meisho one at Rusutsu in Japan and 3 Shibolai models at 3 different parks in China.

• Like 1