TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

LeSourdsville Lake Picnic Grove???

Just heard today from the middletown journal, LeSourdsville Lake, also known for a time as Americana, will close. Most of the rides will be sold, but no mention of the carousel or the John Allen Woodie, Screechin' Eagle (An AWESOME airtime-filled masterpiece) being relocated. This is indeed a sad, sad day for Ohio enthusiasts, and a loss for everyone.

Here's a link:

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/05/18/americana.html

-James "Misses his Screechin' Eagle" Dillaman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some more links, more info for you:

Quote: Resembling a strip mall, the showroom was said to be one of the largest of its kind in the state of Ohio.

Sad, sad, sad

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/stories_view.php/1550/expansion_planned_site_amusement_park.html

http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0510localheadlines.html

Another pic I dug up, this was insanity. One can only hope the guy will keep the coaster in place. I heard today that maybe he wouldn't touch the other side of the lake, where the screechin' eagle stands, when he builds this new development. I think he should keep the coaster and just charge like $5 a ride or something, and he could more than pay for the upkeep.

-James

DSCF0010.thumb.JPG.cd64e24017024c06bc5729f9815717d7.JPG

Massive airtime moment

Not to sound like a pessimist, but after the park opened then closed again in like 2002, did anyone really think they've ever see the park or the coaster operate again? I know I didn't.

It's a great coaster, yes.....

--Robb "Considered this ride dead four years ago." Alvey

Yeah, I always wanted to go to this park but never got around to it. Then when it reopened for a year I was planning on going the following season, of course that never happened because the park never reopened after that season. I had hoped it would reopen, but took it with a grain of salt. Having an owner that wants an amusement park is cool, but when he knows nothing about them and how to pick management, its no wonder this park is doomed.

So much for Screechin Eagle and their evil log flume!

Many offers were made to the guy owning Lesourdsville, but he was never interested in selling, as he owns the land adjoining it. Here's some more pics of the park, Robb. Wish I had more, but the event we had was at night, so after dark none of my pictures came out.

-James

DSCF0006.thumb.JPG.231fd23f6cb1f07088a3cecff2e20542.JPG

Like others of the same type, but pales in comparison with the Screechin Eagle

DSCF0005.thumb.JPG.882f77a463170ada888da90c502ba0ef.JPG

The steel coaster

DSCF0002.thumb.JPG.69e6c44be7f1d8a87bc0ccefd9ad9f2e.JPG

The Belle of Lesourdsville would give cruises on the lake, and the chair ride went over it, with the flume and flat rides on one side, the coaster and funhouse (and other rides) on the other

DSCF0001.thumb.JPG.0035ebe626b167ef9c240fd720dedaa8.JPG

Retro James on the Retro Whip ride

It'd be really cool if they could save some of the rides for a mini-park, but the article just annoys me.

Its expensive to do annual maintenance on these rides....maybe it'd be cheaper if you OPENED THE PARK!

Selling off the rides so you have more places to park RVs....LAME

This is hopeful news for the coaster, flume, and merry-go-round, but to destroy a park to increase sales of motor homes?? Honestly, with the price of gas these days, people are buying less and less SUVs, how many are actually in the market for new RVs?