TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

OMG, saddest news ever!

Hey everybody,

Yesterday I came home after school and did like I usually do and went to check on my guinea pigs. When I got to my room everything was torn up and the guinea pig cage was tipped over and everything in it was torn to shreds. My immediate reaction was "NOOOOOOOO, MY GUINEA PIGS!" I found the first guinea pig, Mr. Peepers infront of the cage on his back, dead...So now I was like OMG, MR. PEEPERS! But then, I remember Schmitty my other guinea pig so I went to look for him, and found him a few feet away. Apparently he tried to run but half of his hair and stuff was gone and spread all over the place. It turns out that my dog Mary did it...and i'm very very very very very very very very very very sad now.

Just so this thread won't be pointless, you guys tell stories like this too...I guess...

100_0586.JPG.3b6c732ea37f9654d7ae497f6013a49d.JPG

I'll miss them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jacob I know this isn't much but I did a little something for you.
Copy cat! That image was copied off an old thing I made! lol Still looks neat.

Man if that were my dog he'd be so out of the house.. My parents wouldn't stand for that. Very sorry to hear about your pets man.

Honestly, I don't feel bad for you, I feel bad for the Guinea Pigs. This is why you have to be very careful with pets. It's kind of selfish of you to have them and a dog when obviously there is a big problem with that. Just think how scared they were with your stupid dog trying to eat them.

Honestly, I don't feel bad for you, I feel bad for the Guinea Pigs. This is why you have to be very careful with pets. It's kind of selfish of you to have them and a dog when obviously there is a big problem with that. Just think how scared they were with your stupid dog trying to eat them.

Of course I feel bad for the guinea pigs too! I was always careful with them, it's just before I left for school I didn't shut my door completely and unfortunately, my dog can open doors...BTW, the dog is a German shepherd, we just got her a couple of weeks ago because my grandparents couldn't take care of her...and I really really really really really really cared and loved my guinea pigs and I cried over them.

P.S. Thank you all for caring...

Yea...that's good, but I feel horrible because it's my fault they died, I didn't shut the door all the way!

You didn't know this was going to happen, if you had known I'm sure you would've closed the door all the way. It's very unfortunate that this happened, but hopefully others will learn from this and see how dangerous it can be to leave animals alone together..especially smaller caged animals with dogs or cats. I'm sure your piggies were loved and well taken care of before this happened.

That bites! I'd beat the crap out of the dog and have the dog push the button that kills it and saves you. Ooops, getting my threads mixed up!

When I was little my favorite hamster was eaten by a raccoon. Thats why its always a good idea to either not have a whole ark full of pets, or make sure doors are closed. Poor piggies!

Poor Mr.Peepers!

So what's happening to the dog?

I think you should scare the crap out of it some how. My grandma's dog gets scared of vacumes. Especially the automatic ones. Lol, it keeps me busy for HOURS.

Wow thats sad. I have had several rodent pets (hamsters, guinea pigs, a rat) and it was really sad when they died of natural causes. I just hope you won't be mean to the dog for this as previous posts suggested. Well, I'm glad my current hamster gets along VERY well with my pet bird.

A rodent makes the ultimate pet IMO.

I've had hamsters kill each other.

One of them only had one eye from a fight. Ironically it was after I came back from African Lion Safari when I found the one hamster dead with it's back split wide open.

Turns out male hamsters don't play nice together.

Weren't even my hamsters, I was taking care of them for a freind over the summer.

Hamsters are solitary creatures. There really aren't supposed to be more than one in a cage together.

This is a huge misconception with hamsters and you can thank pet stores like PetCo for often selling them to people as a "pair."

Also, if you own a dog or a cat, do not get a rodent. Your rodent will most likely live in fear most of their life and it's not healthy and you'll probably just end up with your stupid dog killing your rodents.

Please, let this be a lesson to anyone going to buy a pet, DO SOME RESEARCH before buying. Most people don't do this and then wonder why their rodents die or are killed six months later. And it's not your pets fault, it's not the pet stores fault, it's YOUR fault.

--Robb "Did you have the dog put down yet? It deserves it." Alvey

^

Also, if you own a dog or a cat, do not get a rodent. Your rodent will most likely live in fear most of their life and it's not healthy and you'll probably just end up with your stupid dog killing your rodents.

I had a hamster and guinea pig when i was younger, they both died of natural causes BUT heres the catch I HAVE 3 CATS AND A DOG.

just saying. Also my friends chinchilla just died. His his name was Chili but he was renamed but i'll always call him that. R.I.P. Chili.

^ Yes, and I'm "just saying" that your rodents probably lived in fear most of their life from the cats.

It's a documented, known fact that households that have rodents and cats or dogs is not a good enviornment for your hamsters, etc.

--Robb

--Robb "Did you have the dog put down yet? It deserves it." Alvey

I hope you are kidding Robb,

I know you are not a big Dog fan but you can not blame a dog for having natural instincts. It is NOT his fault

I am not a big rodent fan but I would never say something like that geez

I have had many pets that co-existed great together mainly cats and dogs and my bird whom hitches a ride on my dogs back when he is lazy. I do understand that rodents and larger animals are not the best pairing though and people should do more research.

Being a Dog lover I found that remark really unneccassary and Ignorant (if serious)

BTW woah_killa I am sorry for your loss I have lost my cat of 8 years and my dog of the last 15 years in the last 6 months and it is very hard.

JEFF " I love all animals" Tiedemann

You can have rodents and other animals as long as you're careful 100% of the time and have separate rooms set up for them. I have a cat and two chinchillas. The chinchillas are kept in my computer room and the door is always closed if nobody is in the room. My cat is actually afraid of the chins so she'll rarely come in, and during the times she has she stuck to the other side of the room and the chins had no interest in her, they just kept doing what they were doing. Even though there's no possible way my cat could knock over a 4 foot tall cage or open the cage doors, the door to the room stays closed when nobody is around just incase she decided to bother them through the cage bars or something. The computer room is also by the front door so I can double check that the door is closed before I leave the house. If you leave your pets together unsupervised, or don't make sure that doors are closed and everyone is safe, then yeah it's a horrible idea to have more than one, but all my pets are safe, healthy and happy.

I'm not trying to argue that rodents + dogs or cats isn't a bad idea, obviously it can be, I'm just saying that it can be possible for them to live in the same house and still be happy and healthy.

I'm really sorry for your loss, woah_killa! I'd like to make a joke in reference to your screen name in relating to your dog, but I think I will refrain!

And I can also add that I've seen instances of rodents + bigger animals like dogs or cats being friends, playing with each other. My friend was telling me the other day about how her dad's cousin has guinea pigs and a rabbit along with two cats. Since he works a LOT, the animals rarely get any time to play outside of their cages, so one of the cats tends to open the cages herself and let the other animals out to roam around. While this obviously isn't the safest tactic, it's been happening for so long that all of the animals get along with one another and can play in peace for hours without any harm coming. It's like a little happy family.

So while yes, it isn't safe for this to be happening, especially unsupervised, it's not always a terrible thing that will result in multiple deaths or a life filled with fear and loathing.

I am sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is as I lost my cat few years ago and it was horrible for me.

People that don't have any pet can npt understand what you feel but time will make it easier, believe me.

I had my cat for 14 years ever since I was a kid and when he was old I had to put him to sleep. It was sad day furing which it felt lilke I was about to die too, but the point is I got over it and so are you. It just one of the things you must pass in your life. You will be ok.

Rodents and cats and birds can live in the same house. I have two birds (Finches), my sister once had a rodent, (She didn't take care of it at all) and I have had a cat for about ten years now. My cat doesn't care at all about them. In fact, we used to let the hamster climb on the cat, and the cat would just get annoyed and walk away. We did still make sure the hamster was never bothered though.

I think it depends on what dog or cat you have. If you have an old cat who doesn't care about the rodent, it's okay, but if you have a young energetic cat, you better make sure the rodent is safe ALWAYS.