TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Advantage of Staying at a Disney Resort

I'm not normally one for pushing staying at a Disney resort while visiting WDW....

But yesterday I wanted to pop into MGM for a quick ride (didn't happen). Spring break + full lot = horrific traffic exiting a park by car.

I've enclosed a map to show you guys the two lanes of bumper to bumper traffic. I moved two car lengths in about 10 minutes then found a trick way out.

Buses get a short cut -- the same one I took.

Be warned!

Anyway -- just an fyi.

4Parking.thumb.jpg.75d6bc3d676842a3ecdb20fcc3537418.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've stayed at Dolphin and Boardwalk. Both are between Epcot and MGM. I highly recommend any hotel around that lake. Walking distance to both Epcot and MGM or water taxi. Makes it nice if you want to go into either park to just get lunch or catch a ride or two. Easy to get to the MK by either bus or catch the monorail at Epcot. The only other area I would stay would be on the monorail line by the MK, like the Polynesian.

Disney is really great as far as traffic patterns and parking but there is a limit! I remember hearing horror stories about what the Marathon does to Disney every year.

Elissa "even the Disney Buses were taking 2 hours to get from a resort to a park!" Alvey

Yes, if you stay at any Disney resort from the budget All Star and Pop Century to the pricey Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge, you get the same on site privileges. As a cast member, I will echo the sentiment that Spring Break time is the most busy time next to the week between Christmas and New Year's

EPCOT on Tuesday had 100 minute waits for Test Track with all fast passes gone by 11am. If you can swing it, the best time is May, October, and the weeks between Thanksgiving and a week before Christmas.

My first visit ever to WDW was on the Wednesday before Easter in 1985. Of course, this being my first visit, I had no particular expectations about WDW and was just sooo excited to be going, that it never crossed my mind that the mass of humanity present that day was excessive. I returned later that year (mid-late August) and was amazed at how much LESS crowded it was. Of course, since then I have visited in January, early March (before spring break), June, July, September and November and I can attest that unless you truly love crowds the weeks preceeding and following Easter are not for you-regardless of where you stay!!

Shari "I only got on 5 attractions that day, I think" Shoufler

Hence why I waited till 2 weeks from now, after all the spring break stuff. Break is techincally over here tomorrow, then next week should be the last of it. Ill be there the 2nd week of april.

Summer sucks too but its not that bad.

Wow, when I was there a couple of weeks ago, it was easily the busiest I've ever seen the place. Can't imagine how annoying it would have been to be there now.

Let me second the recommendation for staying at places around the lake. I've stayed at the Boardwalk and just stayed at the Dolphin, and really like staying in that area. Besides easy transportation, the whole boardwalk area is a cool place to walk around and there are decent places to eat. Of the two, I preferred the Boardwalk, but both were nice places to stay...

dt

Yes, if you stay at any Disney resort from the budget All Star and Pop Century to the pricey Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge, you get the same on site privileges. As a cast member, I will echo the sentiment that Spring Break time is the most busy time next to the week between Christmas and New Year's

EPCOT on Tuesday had 100 minute waits for Test Track with all fast passes gone by 11am. If you can swing it, the best time is May, October, and the weeks between Thanksgiving and a week before Christmas.

Thanks for the info! I have something in common with you.

My company I work for *cough*Bank of America*cough* actually bought the right to use Disney's "magic" or "spirit" (can't remember what you guys call it at Disney) phylosophy about customer service.

I'll have to check up on you guys "spirit" next fall. lol