TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scenery that looks terrible!

^^ PKI is like the Six Flags of Paramou...I mean, Cedar Fair.

Sorry, PGA has held the title of the DisAstroworld of the Paramount chain for years. You think PKI and PKD are bad (yes I've been to both), you all should consider yourselves lucky Parmount didn't get the opportunity to completely strip-mine your parks as thoroughly as they did to PGA.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Expedition Ever... just kidding. That's the best scenery EVER imo.

Worst. I have a bunch. All the mine themed coasters, except the BTMR's of Disney. I mean "Jacob Mining Co" (Silver Bullet), "Medusa Mining Co" (Medusa East) All the runaway mine trains. All of them to me are the runaway lame train.

All the supermans are poorly themed. To me, they all have these GRAND entrances and these GRAND plaza's to the not so grand ride (except SFNE's superman).

The ALL TIME tackiest themeing ever where they put all this effort into making it really good to make up for the REALLY bad ride was Viper at SFGAdv. I mean when you walk over from Medusa, you were like WOW cool! But when you walk over from Rolling Thunder you're like, "WOw cool, that can't be any tackier." They shoulda put it in Movie Town for it's hollywood style sets.

I love this. This is from the Alton Towers update of the UK trip from TPR.

I'd say Expedition Ever... just kidding. That's the best scenery EVER imo

Well, Disney had a budget for EE that was in the 100 mil. range, so they went all out!

altontowers116.jpg.912964964f7831c1a3a32b0cba3e713b.jpg

"But as you walk through the hallways, you can see where one hotel ends and the other begins because the sand from the beach starts up.

(What will those theming magicians think up next?)"

I really liked Volcano's coaster, but I wasnt impressed with the Volcano theming and the hot chicken coop of a queue.

That's a really good one. I completely forgot about this example. I've seen grade school volcano science projects look better than this thing. But.....it does have fire... and a great coaster. So that helps make up for the lame volcano re-creation.

Disaster Transport. Cold and cheese-filled. I guess we were supposed to be all like "OMG!! BLACKLIGHTS! THE RANDOM SPLOTCH OF WHITE ON MY SHIRT IS GLOWING!"

BTW, does anyone know the actual storyline of Disaster Transport?

And that blow up Superman... Looks more like Bizzaro Superman...

That is a great pic! Having actually been on the ride, you never get that close enough to Sups to see how craptacular it really looks. I imagine the effect they were going for was like in theater, where the makeup and features are greatly exaggerated to stand out more from a distance.

^^ PKI is like the Six Flags of Paramou...I mean, Cedar Fair.

Sorry, PGA has held the title of the DisAstroworld of the Paramount chain for years. You think PKI and PKD are bad (yes I've been to both), you all should consider yourselves lucky Parmount didn't get the opportunity to completely strip-mine your parks as thoroughly as they did to PGA.

I was talking operation wise.

^ Trust me, PGA sucks in that area as well, run very much like a SF park that doesn't give a rats arse about capacity, cleanliness, their customers or their enjoyment. Yet consistantly charges the highest admission price of any Paramount park, higher than most US parks (even more than CP and almost as much as DL), for mediocre at best rides and crappy operations. PKI and PKD are run like a Busch park compared to PGA.

Okay before all of you start bashing me, let me plead my case. I thought EE had a major letdown of theming, especially if the ride cost $100,000,000!!! There are light leaks everywhere inside the mountain which take away from the ride a bit. The outside portion and que area are nice and everything and add to the story of the yetti, but I mean the mountain has a bird on a visible stick! Im sorry, but EE just didnt have the theming I was hoping for, its still number three for theming after Splash Mountain and BTMRR for me though.

Colin"the trains were cool though!"C

I'd Say Skull Mountain at SFGAdv is a big disappointment....there is absolutely no theming once you leave the station. No skulls. No mountain. Darkness. And the occasional support. Maybe a catwalk here and there? Great theming!

Disaster Transport. Cold and cheese-filled. I guess we were supposed to be all like "OMG!! BLACKLIGHTS! THE RANDOM SPLOTCH OF WHITE ON MY SHIRT IS GLOWING!"

BTW, does anyone know the actual storyline of Disaster Transport?

As far as I can remember, when the queue still had the storyline, you were getting on Dispatch Master Transport, a futuristic transport ride supposedly taking you to Alaska I think it was. On your way up the lift hill, the thing above the track says "Overheat" And that's when everything goes wrong. You go way faster than it's intended and are on a "crazy" ride before finally being welcomed to Alaska or wherever it was.

-James Dillaman

I think it was better before they enclosed it... Worst idea ever.

How about Top Gun at PKI, it used to be pretty good, with fog in the queue and the station, walking past missiles and control rooms with a layout of a fictional carrier, now it's just lame and "brought to you by gillette mach 3!"

-James Dillaman