TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scenery that looks terrible!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...This is the top coaster in my home park... A... *sniff*... Vekoma Boomerang. At least it's got modern cars.

Now, the snake theming itself is kind of neat, if you ignore the fact it has a LIGHTBULB on it's head, but what horrifies me is... looka tht e bottom of the picture.

Tiny potted frikken plants.

I never could stand the renovation of Tomorrowland at Disneyland! I liked the oldschool look better with the peoplemovers!! I really dont think the renovation and changing Tomorrowland made it more futuristic. I think it just made it ugly and tacky! I'm just not diggin on the copper, silver, gold, and brown look!! Bleh!! To me the oldschool look looked much more tomorrowlandish then it does now! Thank the maker that they painted Space Mountain back to its original white!!

Also I can't stand the doofy looking Autopia cars! Bleh!! I think they should of kept the same corvette bodystyle!

I never could stand the renovation of Tomorrowland at Disneyland! I liked the oldschool look better with the peoplemovers!! I really dont think the renovation and changing Tomorrowland made it more futuristic. I think it just made it ugly and tacky! I'm just not diggin on the copper, silver, gold, and brown look!! Bleh!! To me the oldschool look looked much more tomorrowlandish then it does now! Thank the maker that they painted Space Mountain back to its original white!!

Also I can't stand the doofy looking Autopia cars! Bleh!! I think they should of kept the same corvette bodystyle!

You're not the only one that hated that, even Disney admitted that the "New" Tomorrowland project was a failure. But they have begun to make some changes, repainting Space Mountain and The Peoplemover Tracks. Hopefully we get the Peoplemover back, and a new 3-D show sometime in the near future. They might even move the Astro Orbiter back on top to replace that peice of trash that sits their now. So good things are to come!

• 2 months later...

The Lickskillet area sign at SFOG. It prbably was better themed and looked better when they just had Thunder River and Splash Waterfalls there. But when you add go-karts and Deja Vu to a "mine" themed area, it just looks tacky. This also applies for The Collosus County Fair area at SFMM. It was okay when they just had Collosus there, but once they added a ride named after a Bliblical giant, and is themed to the ruins of a rainforest, they could have taken away the name for the area, and come up with a better one. Also the SPE at Samurai Summit. So basically any ride placed in SF park that does not fit the theme of the area is tack to me.

Agreed Scruffy! PKI has been getting worse and worse for years now. Rides that need paint, areas of the park that need landscaping help, theming, (with the exception of NIK Universe) is either outdated or doesn't exist at all. Where I believed that PKI was one of the top two Paramount parks 5-6 years ago, it's quickly dropping to the bottom.

I agree with the guy who said that the Superman: The Escape station looks "plasticy". Really, the only theming I think is really great at SFMM is Batman.

Superman pics below, pics from www.joyrides.com.

superman7.jpg.0d5b752f4e0f01da5c5a1f0b41e0852c.jpg

At the base of the ride, you can see the entrance to Superman's "ice cave". That's pretty much what it looks like inside, except there are some party lights in there, and the boarding area is normal.

superman5.jpg.b8fb63042fcb0e232748e55150ca1c4e.jpg

You'd think Superman could make as fist!

I'm going to go with Mr Freeze at SFStL. The warehouse building looks pretty decent from the outside, but when you get in there its just metal walls until the station. I guess they figured if they made it cool enough that would be all they need.

EDIT: I mean that they make the temperature cold enough