TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

If you're talking about Donely's, I didn't go as an adult lol. My 5th grade class (This was quite a few years ago) had a field trip to Donely's and we basically got ERT on the coaster. I was expecting a tame, kiddie coaster, but I found myself grasping the lap-bar. I'd say it's worth a trip, they have a nice train ride as well

POV of coaster

Nah, I meant Santa's Village, but honestly it goes for both.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! Some really exciting discussion going on here about the new 2017 project! We love some of your "wish list" ideas and I can say a lot of those same things are on our wish lists too.

As for another 2017 project, we announced last season the the 1938 Kiddieland Mangles Root-Whip would take the entire year off to undergo a massive refurbishment. Well the refurb process is well underway, here are some pictures of the progress.

1934350_1135321220585_7628071_n.jpg.50fa68c3b000ed83acd409536b9c55e2.jpg

For reference, here is the Roto-Whip as it stood in Kiddieland in 2009

IMG_5646.thumb.JPG.302e478ebd3f7291648f16b570bee6e0.JPG

Car bodies have been completely dismantled

IMG_5606.thumb.JPG.45bcf9853c82fe9ceb656bb12c4d5c5c.JPG

Panels on the inside of the ride have been repainted.

IMG_5662.thumb.JPG.b9ef07a258be4904f692114cf42281bb.JPG

New concrete pad for the ride

IMG_5681.thumb.JPG.415fa0d2ea105db87d2f29d464360544.JPG

Rebuilt the lights that kiddie land had on the outside of the building.

IMG_5848.thumb.JPG.68715b15b52624757eff2c50cbb0da18.JPG

Plenty of new woodwork for the nearly 80 year old ride

• 2 weeks later...

The end of the 2016 season is here, and with that begins changes for next season. In order to make room for our 2017 addition the carousel will be on the move once again, this time taking up residence on the location of the Dragon Coaster. This weekend, October 29th and 30th, will be your last chance to ride the Dragon Coaster at Santa's Village. Be sure to stop by the park and take one final ride and check back here for more updates on what will be debuting in 2017!

While that is a great idea, and we have been looking at that area for some of our long term expansion plans, that land right now is serving the much needed function of being our overflow parking lot. Juts for the record, the dragon coaster location is not the location of our 2017 project. The carousel is moving up to the dragon coaster spot to make room for the 2017 project.

Double post (sorry), but I just had this really cool thought. With that amount of land, I think that a Chance Hyper GT-X would be a great fit, especially for this park! Any thoughts on this Azoosment@SV?

While I think that that is an INSANELY awesome idea, I think the park will go for the family route for the next half decade, get a dark ride, kid friendly shows, and other family oriented activites to draw away the families from SFGAm, then when their buisness is really strong and they're growing fast, then they'll add a "bigger" coaster, maybe not a Hyper G-TX, but maybe an El Loco or a Switchback style ride

• 2 weeks later...

Well I see you guys have already heard! Now that IAAPA 2016 is over that means we are officially onto next season, which means new ride announcements!! New for Santa's Village Azoosment Park in 2017 is a BRAND NEW Interpark Super Cyclone coaster! Its a great family coaster that offers quick dips and turns in a tight compact layout. The ride features three 2-Car trains with lap bar style restraints and the color scheme is galvanized supports with orange track. As the ride is being currently being manufactured, don't expect to see any vertical construction progress until later this spring.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and guessing. I promise you that some of your ideas are exactly what we have already been talking about for 2018 and beyond!

https://vimeo.com/192529892

Whoa, so Pinfari is still technically around? This is crazy news to me.

Yes. Interpark bought all of their designs, and they are still readily available for sale. Unfortunately.

Although it would be soo good for a park like this to get a Pinfari XP56 invert. If properly taken care of (looking at YOU, M&D's!), they are some really good, cheap rides!