TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That will be the best view on any Zyklon in the world (at least of all that I can think of). There really aren't that many of this specific model of coaster left and it's nice that Santa's Village is preserving one. It should be a great fit for the park and it's target audience. Will be making my first visit when I go visit family this summer.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

Park is now open for the season!

522158_435186879909827_169985415_n.thumb.jpg.b896e8e9fec4703d5cbd2a917af21ed8.jpg

The new Bumper Cars are now open!

946760_435162249912290_1511716595_n.thumb.jpg.7ff8112d1245146d6345ca64005af6fe.jpg

Wildcat foundation pieces have been laid down

64304_412495615512287_1074916551_n.thumb.jpg.d7cc55d015ada0174d3d3ff5773162a3.jpg

Uprights have been painted

11882_418863984875450_2146643715_n.thumb.jpg.ba7380377c489971c2454fa1bac8970e.jpg

So has track!

561454_418861628209019_1209543965_n.thumb.jpg.15b9f8543417f1077ea9321b0c8746e1.jpg

Little boats were refurbished too.

182208_432714146823767_1577466867_n.thumb.jpg.5403554edb4bb2ec65badc0bccf85fca.jpg

They were looking great opening day!

558856_419385841489931_660036584_n.jpg.cf65da008dd576b67d742c768fd3b2ed.jpg

Waiting to go vertical

• 1 month later...

Great to see vertical construction now, and the new paint job should make it stand out. The location near the road should also be great at drawing attention. Did Wildcat receive a total refurbishment, or just new paint and lapbars? Is there an opening date in mind?

Azoosment Park looks great, and it looks better every year. Hopefully I find the time to visit this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The refurb work is done from what I've gathered, I wouldn't be surprised if this opens Labor Day weekend if they can get the state to sign off on it.

A New Coaster typically needs 1 month of testing (Goliath at SFMM) before it can open. Even if it was 100% finished now, It would open in October, maybe 3 weeks before the park closes for the season.

• 1 month later...
So you're basing this one month testing in IL on CA regulations?

In any case, it looks great. Glad to see this park back up and running.

I think every coaster requires a month of testing on average. I might be talking out of my butt. Can anyone else offer info?

There's no specific demanded time period. Depends on what the park, manufacturer (if involved), and local authorities signing off on the ride want. Ride inspectors may have histories working in the amusement industry or they may be fairly random fire chiefs. Depends on the jurisdiction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think they will be getting After Burner from Fun Spot after they sent me this in a reply to me

We looked at it and it would need a great deal of work to get it where it

should be.

So I sent them this in reply:

Oh. I have some coaster suggestions that could help improve attendance. If you don't have enough money, you can ignore these. You might be able to consider these 3 options for both child and adult.

Possible child and family coasters:

Gravity Group Jr. Woodie: http://www.thegravitygroup.com/services_design.html

Iron horse from Hard Rock Park: http://rcdb.com/3854.htm

Vekoma Family Boomerang: http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/the-family-boomerang

Possible adult coasters:

Vekoma Boomerang: http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/experience-thrill-coasters/boomerang-coaster

S&S El Loco: http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/rides/coasters/e

Maurer Sohne X Car Skyloop: http://www.maurer-rides.com/x-coaster/skyloop/xt_150/

If any of these suggestions are out of your budget, you can ignore these.

Thanks for your time

-David, coaster enthusiast and Dundee citizen.

Oh, and never buy from a Chinese Knockoff company. They really hurt and are VERY unreliable.

Oh, and never buy from a Chinese Knockoff company. They really hurt and are VERY unreliable.

^ Lololololol

Of the coasters you mentioned, I think the Gravity Group Jr. woodie is the most ideal. Gravity Group Jr. Woodies make great rides and they appeal toa ll audiences. It is something they should do, and it is a good way for AZoosment Park to gain more public attention.

I also like idea of an X Coaster, since it's fairly cheap (the one at Magic Springs only cost $4 million, which isn't a lot compared to other major coasters) except that may be a little too thrilling for the park's guests considering the park is geared for children. In order to attract more crowds, they need to get more families, and an adult coaster is not a good option for AZoosment Park.

^ Lololololol

Of the coasters you mentioned, I think the Gravity Group Jr. woodie is the most ideal. Gravity Group Jr. Woodies make great rides and they appeal toa ll audiences. It is something they should do, and it is a good way for AZoosment Park to gain more public attention.

I also like idea of an X Coaster, since it's fairly cheap (the one at Magic Springs only cost $4 million, which isn't a lot compared to other major coasters) except that may be a little too thrilling for the park's guests considering the park is geared for children. In order to attract more crowds, they need to get more families, and an adult coaster is not a good option for AZoosment Park.

3 Things the park needs (In My Opinion)

Re-open/expand their waterpark. Slides don't cost that much. And since they are doing stuff with animals, They could do a knockoff Aquatica like Waterpark with rides with Animals. The park already has 2 slides (Probably bad condition), Go Karts, Lazy River, and Bumper Boats.

The park could also use a Thrilling GCI/Gravity Group wooden coaster. The park already has Dragon (For the Kids) and Wildcat (For the Family) and needs a thrilling wooden coaster (For the Thrill Seekers) that could go between the current park and the waterpark. Or A Chance Junior Hyper like Kentucky Kingdom is building.

Third and most importantly, They could use a thrill ride or 2. Everything currently in the park is for Kids/families and there isn't anything wrong with that but since they were "rumored" to get an Arrow Shuttle Loop, They clearly don't want to be just a family park. A Drop Tower, Frisbee, DiskO Coaster, Star Flyer, or Log Flume would work well.