TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Santa's Village AZoosment Park Discussion Thread

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to venture in and say it's the Galaxi from Riverview. They did say on their Facebook page concerning the 2013 addition "it's going to be big". So I don't think it will be another kiddie coaster based on this statement. I'm doubting it's the Afterburner, as it's not really what you'd call family friendly. The Zyklon is a possibility, but I'll stick with my guess. I will definitely be going by this year when we go up to Chicagoland to visit family as I will have five of my Great Nephews in tow. So here's hoping for the Galaxi. They aren't as common as they once were so it would be nice to see one relocated. Peace.

I hope that X Coaster from Magic Springs is coming because that would make me come. If it's just a small coaster, I'm not sure if it would be worth it. But the way I see it, why would and employee from a small park be at IAAPA just for a small ride? And if Santa's Village says it's going to be big, it better be big even for coaster enthusiasts like us. Though I'm not sure if Santa's Village has $4,000,000 to buy X Coaster. I can't wait to see what's coming to the park.

I hope that X Coaster from Magic Springs is coming because that would make me come. If it's just a small coaster, I'm not sure if it would be worth it. But the way I see it, why would and employee from a small park be at IAAPA just for a small ride? And if Santa's Village says it's going to be big, it better be big even for coaster enthusiasts like us. Though I'm not sure if Santa's Village has $4,000,000 to buy X Coaster. I can't wait to see what's coming to the park.

That one according to rumors is going from Magic Springs to their sister park, Elitch Gardens in Denver. So the next big one is the Galaxi, then the Zyklon. Peace!

I was sure Santa's Village wasn't purchasing X-Coaster, it was just at a park closer than those in New Jersey. I'm going with Zyklon due to the fact that Santa's Village has already purchased several rides from Funspot. I haven't been to Santa's Village since 2004, but I will probably visit next year to ride the "new" coaster and see how much has changed from the days it was known as Satan's Village.

Are there still plans to reopen Racing Rapids at some point?

When I saw that horse picture, I figured they were getting a Steeplechase clone. (Just kidding.)

I don't understand why people put OTSRs on those Zyklon coasters. Glad they're coming off. I don't think a Zyklon of this sort has ever done anything for me, but I'm glad the park is getting a decent-sized family coaster. It's kinda nice that "classic" styles of portable steel coasters like this are still alive and well.

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully the removal of the OTSR's will make the ride enjoyable again. Otherwise they might as well have just bought back Typhoon.

...and it's wretched commercial- "Ty-Ty-Typhoon is fan-fan-fantastic!"

Actually, if it means that we're all treated to that cinematic art again, bring it back- OTSRs and all.

Good to see the park starting to grow.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WILDCAT UPDATE: Ground clearing still underway. This super cold weather hasn't helped but things are progressing. The ride is off for just a little paint, hope to see some parts back onsite soon.

551921_409423522486163_989980980_n.thumb.jpg.c7a8050763fdc8d3637dfbf81fa4c02e.jpg

Also, here is a Carousel update, look how great this horse looks! All hand painted. This will be the fanciest looking Chance carousel ever.530499_407061609389021_1779536664_n.jpg.4243833beec8f992bdf8c9c345752f78.jpg

52 days until we open! Just a quick word about that to our enthusiast friends. We would love to see you opening day, but full transparency, we are aiming to have WildCat open sometime in June, not by opening day. We figure if SF St.L can get away with doing that with a boomerang, certainly we can too.

Happy Spring everybody!