TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First Time on Mission Space...

I'm going to Disney first weekend in June and it'll be my first time on mission space. I'm pretty good on spinning rides, but then again 2 people did die on this ride. Anyone post on what their first time on misson space was like.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ And luckily God then spared your life. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can honestly say that I went in with an open mind, but was seriously let down. I will say that the launch sequence was pretty good, but the rest seemed like only a slight improvement from "Mission to Mars"...and at least you got to return from Mars on that ride..if I remember correctly.

I know I'm a bit harsh on this thing, but honestly I just think Disney could've spent $100,000,000 a better way. But, to each his own, right?

Good luck. Hope you enjoy it.

If you've been on a roller coaster with a long helix (Kumba, Goliath obviously, S:ROS), that's basically what the launch feels like, but you can feel your cheeks rippling back. Other than that, there aren't really any more forces, just some banking, tilting, and elevation changes.

I'm going to Disney first weekend in June and it'll be my first time on mission space. I'm pretty good on spinning rides, but then again 2 people did die on this ride. Anyone post on what their first time on misson space was like.

The intensity isn't too bad, but the duration can get to people. I think there are 3 or 4 ~20 sec. periods of sustained G-forces. It's your call, and honestly, I don't think I should ride again simply due to multiple heart conditions, so if you have any sort of heart problems, I'd advise against it.

- Joe, who'd rather be safe and on Test Track than dead

I'm pretty good on spinning rides, but then again 2 people did die on this ride.

Thats becuase people can see what a rollercoaster or a spining ride does and realise that it aint their cup of tea.

If your worried about it, don't be. That is unless you have a serious medical problem.

I LEAVE FOR FLORIDA ON SATURDAY WOOOOOT!

When I first rode Mission Space I felt let down... The g's during the "launch" were cool but I guess I let the hype get the best of me. I went in with high hopes and walked away kind of "meh"... I'm not saying it's a bad ride, I just don't see what all the fuss is about. It's my third favorite thing at Epcot. I prefer Test Track and Soarin' .

Don't worry about the intensity, if you can handle most spin n spews you'll be able to take the intense part easily. Also... this has just been my opinion, go in with an open mind of course!

"We're Jews, We're Jews in space..."

That's all I thought of.

Jews in space reminds me of Hilter on ICE!

But for me, the only part that was really underwealming for me was the ending, it was very anticlimactic. But overall it was very good, but I did not really know what to expect.