TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Would it be too much to ask...

RCoasterny

I noticed in another web-based BB that I participate in, they have the "show new posts" that you have as well. It will give me a list of topics that have new posts since the last time I visit. However, when I click on a topic is where the similarities end.

The other web-based BB has another link at the top of the page that says "Go to first unread post" and will jump to the first post that I have not yet read. It is a very useful tool when there's a topic that's more than 1 page long! It will jump right to the new post where I left off the last time I read such topic.

It would be a great feature to add to this board because there's many times where there's a topic I am following and it has grown to several pages long since when I last read it and I have to do the "click-on-the-last-page-and-work-backwards-until-I-find-the-post-I-last-read" dance..

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know about that. Read my post again. Blue0ctane is right. The other web-based BB system, vBulletin has that feature. I don't know if phpBB has the feature or can be added in via third party. It helps when there's a topic that has grown to 100 pages long and the last time I read it was somewhere around 75 pages and I don't want to do about 20 clicks until I finally get to the page where I left off. The "Go to first unread post" feature was something I couldn't live without!