TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tastu Media Day Camp Out

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i got pie all over my face!! I feel stupid as hell!!! I kept thinkin today was Wednesday!! Well i guess im gonna be the talk of the thread now!! lol Well im still makin a trip down ther because i got my heart set on riding that ride!!

Please dont think im some lil kid or something! I have just been busy with school and work, so i just had to much on my mind lately!! I still cant belive i was a whole day off!!! Wow!

Hey, had a great time. Tatsu was great, camp-out was fun and free pizza...Robb and Elissa rock!

But let me say one thing...I had the unfortunate experience of seeing some people wearing the same cool black shirt that I was wearing giving Ride Ops a hard time. Actually, employees in general. This included but was not limited too; asking where coasters in the park were that weren't SFMM coasters...almost obnoxiously. This was done in the same fashion that we would find here on the boards - talking a little smack on SFMM and their rides. Except that you are dealing with real employees who could give a crap about what you think of their park. Do you think you are cool by saying a comment about trim brakes to an employee with a snobby tone? Maybe because your coaster nerd friends find it funny, but I am a "coaster nerd" and don't find it funny at all.

Whoever was waiting for X this morning really embarrassed themselves. SFMM really treated us nice these past few days and I feel bad for employees of the park who are getting hounded by the nerdiest of the nerdies. To you I say - get a life, grow up, and get a girlfriend. I PROMISE you the coaster riding will be better.

Sorry for the rant...I just happened to have seen some pretty foolish things going on.

But besides that, it was great!

-Mike

hey guys i would like to say thank you to robb and his wife elissa for making me feel welcome you guys are the best and i look forward to forming a real strong friendship with this great coaster club im just sad i had to leave early this morning i was feeling a little ill and needed to get some rest but i will maybe see you guys sometime soon email me and we will set somthing up .

take care and god bless

matthew romine

Hey, had a great time. Tatsu was great, camp-out was fun and free pizza...Robb and Elissa rock!

But let me say one thing...I had the unfortunate experience of seeing some people wearing the same cool black shirt that I was wearing giving Ride Ops a hard time. Actually, employees in general. This included but was not limited too; asking where coasters in the park were that weren't SFMM coasters...almost obnoxiously. This was done in the same fashion that we would find here on the boards - talking a little smack on SFMM and their rides. Except that you are dealing with real employees who could give a crap about what you think of their park. Do you think you are cool by saying a comment about trim brakes to an employee with a snobby tone? Maybe because your coaster nerd friends find it funny, but I am a "coaster nerd" and don't find it funny at all.

Whoever was waiting for X this morning really embarrassed themselves. SFMM really treated us nice these past few days and I feel bad for employees of the park who are getting hounded by the nerdiest of the nerdies. To you I say - get a life, grow up, and get a girlfriend. I PROMISE you the coaster riding will be better.

Sorry for the rant...I just happened to have seen some pretty foolish things going on.

-Mike

I had a great time as well. But I too noticed a disturbing number of TPR members acting like complete and utter children. It was kind of disturbing seeing grown men absolutely refuse to let the flow of a [packed queue] line go because they want another turn on a ride. Seriously, it was pathetic. I couldn't wear my shirt anymore, because the ride ops were becoming very wary of certain groups of people. They were asking me if I knew these people, or if I had anything to do with so and so. It was a disgrace. But now that I'm home I'm wearing my too-cool-for-school shirt everywhere. Haha. Robb and Elissa are awesome for providing us with this oppurtunity, but there's only so much you can expect from some people's children. [i don't mean children, per se. More like, some of the adults I encountered must have been raised by alligators or south american tapirs.]

Oh and Tatsu hurt me. That pretzel loop, while cool, is just... Jesus Christ. TOO MUCH FORCE! I'm not a fan of trims, and I doubt they would even help the problem, but the whole "My ribs are shattering within my abdomen" thing is so last year. But the rest of the ride is just amazing. AMAZING. Probably the best time I've ever had at the park, bar none.

Man, i am in L-O-V-E with Tatsu. It is by far my favorite B&M. It seems like they finally made a ride with a balance of gracefull elements and intense elements. And boy, goliaths helix is nothing after experiencing that pretzel loop. That thing is amazing! Even though i went to media day with another website, I met some awsome people from this website wich is why i decided to join. Well, that and Elissa gave me a soda. Thanks Elissa!

Alright, I was talking to my dad about this, and he was right...

To be quite honest, throughout most of the night, SFMM acted as if they didn't know what to do with us! I got the feeling that they thought of the idea of a campout and then failed to work out the details, thinking "how hard can it be?"

As a matter of fact, the only shred of organization came from Theme Park Review! While we were all waiting for SFMM to actually announce what we were going to do (which took several hours!), Robb and Elissa took care of our every needs and at a personal expense! So I'd like to personally thank the Alveys for actually spending time, money, and engery into planning this event. For me, Theme Park Review's offerings were the only reason I found the campout-portion of the night to be enjoyable!

-Jahan

-Mike

It is a disgrace to have TPR members act that way. It was pretty damn generous of them to do this whole event, they didn't have to invite us to ride Tatsu. But they did, and some people didn't seem to appreciate that, and decided to complain and be obnoxious, thats a pretty crappy thing to do. Do you people that misbehaved want us to not get invited to these kind of events anymore, I don't want that to happen, and I'm sure I'm not alone. It's embarassing to all your fellow TPR members when you act that way. The employees are just there doing their jobs, so don't give them any sh** about it.

I just had to get that out, I really hate it when people do that kind of thing.

I know, some of the media day guests were exteremly rude to the employees today. I also want to say thank you to Robb and Elissa for all the hard work the did for us to have a good time.

Hi all,

I had a great time myself too, and so did my guest. She rode Tatsu 10 times, and I got in two more than that after she left, for a personal total of 12! And that was all before 1PM, despite a big 2 hour media delay from 5:30 - 7:30 AM. I got my first ride just before 5AM, and my second about 10 minutes later. Then came the delay, but then suddenly before I knew it, I had rides #3 and 4 done, back to back! I stopped remembering details at that point, so I won't bore you any further. We did try something interesting on ride #5 or 6, and that was riding the entire circuit with our eyes closed. That was weird! They must have those turns perfectly banked, because I couldn't even tell we were making turns, it just felt like dips, even the Egg Turn!

I do agree though that the Pretzl Loop may just be a little bit too intense. Even though I never got the buzz I got on my first ride on Goliath, I found that I couldn't help but yell WHOAAA every time I went through the Pretzl Loop. I'm sure I can live with it that way, but I'm not so sure about the GP.

And yes, my capturing of some of the local news casts went very well. I got the entire live feeds from ABC (7) and KTLA (5) in the early morning, and I got home just in time to get most of CBS's live feed. FOX's evening news is coming up in about 10 minutes, so I'll be at it again trying to get that too. I may not be able to get anything posted until next week, since I am leaving town tomorrow afternoon. When I do though, I will probably post small (320x240) MPEG1 files in this thread, but if anyone wants higher quality copies, I'll probably have to send them directly to you somehow. My sample clip on Page 9 should tell you how high I can go. Heck, I'll even send you the HD .ts files if you want them!

Anyway, I am very thankful to Robb and Elissa for putting on this event for us. It was a dream almost 7 months in the making that finally came true. I had a great time, and can't wait for the next big ride!

Matt

I'm anxious to see the pictures of the TPR "Camp" versus the other coaster clubs "camps". It should be pretty entertaining from what I've heard!

Sorry if this has been answered as I haven’t read through all the posts yet. BUT in reality what other camps -=) TPR was rockin MM. The only coster group to have anything for its memebers -=)

THANKS AGAIN TPR!!!!!!!