TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Tastu Media Day Camp Out

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey robb now dont get upset with me but i have a lot of friends in operations dept in fact my big sis used to be a supervisor in the office. so dont be surprised if i ride tatsu before the media day ok i know tim burkhart and kevin casey who are real big shots over there anyway

Um, I really could care less to be honest. I've never been one of those "Oooh...I got on it before you did" kind of people. We go ride coasters all over the world. When we ride them is much less important to me than what we get to ride.

--Robb "Name dropping gets you nowhere in this world." Alvey

Sorry i made that look like it did its just the fact ive been waiting for months for this and my mom is very worried about me with my

A.D.D and ocd robb so dont take it as a boast ok.my sis did give me 4 tickets for the park for my 25th birthday this past sunday i split them with my younger brothers so they could so next weekend and i am just stressing over what i need to pack for this thing i got the sleeping bag my brother loaned me and a bottle of axe so if you can give me a idea on what i should bring that would help alot however i will be going to the park and spending the day there tomorrow so ill see you then

A.D.D. is a myth or an excuse people use for laziness. Even though some people may use it as an excuse for not using any punctuation in their posts. I am sorry if I sound mean, but please make a little more effort in writing your posts so that they make sense.

Erik "Who I guess had a bad day at work" Johnson

Please Read and review:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21962

Does anybody know when they'll build a new ride? [:

WTF?!!

I'm sure they'll build a new ride if you pay for it. Might be awhile until SFMM pays off the loans for Tatsu...

Ahaa. That was something that shouldn't really be taken seriously. [:

Loans??

With $50 admission price, they don't need loans, despite their expenses.

I'm really close to just closing this thread as it's gotten way off topic. No one cares if one person is riding before the next, etc, etc, no one really wants to discuss one person's a.d.d. or any other medical problems, and this isn't the thread to discuss whether or not they took out a loan for Tatsu (still can't quite figure that one out!)

If you want to know about discounts for the park, this isn't the thread to do it in.

If you have questions or comments ABOUT THE CAMP OUT this is the thread to post it in!

Anything else from this point is just going to be deleted.

--Robb "

sorry robb i did want to know if its ok if i brought a couple board games for this campout to kill time ? or are you and the mrs bringing your own stuff for that?

Posted on page 1:

7. What can you bring? You can bring sleeping bags, air mattresses, coolers, games, etc. There has been some talk about Mario Kart DS competition, so if you have a Nintendo DS and Mario Kart, bring that too! The only thing we have been told you can NOT bring is a tent of any kind, alcohol, or anything combustible. They don't want us blowing up the place! There also will not be any electric outlets available so if you are planning to bring any electronics, they should be battery operated.

^Dude still hasn't learned how to use punctuation...

Answer's prolly no, but does anyone have any idea which news channels will be covering the event, and if they're reporting through the night into the next day, or only for the next day? If so, which ones?

Just a matter of curiosity, really.

I am currently preparing my HD capturing computer to capture as much news as I can on Thursday. I will mainly try to capture from ABC, since they have all their newscasts in HD. I know that KTLA will probably also be sending their reporter out there as well, so I'll be capturing that as well. No doubt though, just about all the local stations will be out there. Whatever I manage to grab, I will be sure to share with everyone!

I would wait to get out of the area before you buy gas. I believe gas stations around there charge 10 cents higher then I see around me

You have to understand this is not just about people having cell phones on the ride, this is more about the park wanting to have some control over what images are released and when.

I'm not sure if the "no cell phone" rule is just for the media event or for the life of the ride, but remember this is THEIR multi-million dollar attraction that they have INVITED us, for free, to the media event and if they tell us no camera phone on the ride, then no camera phone on the ride.

--Robb "Just assume no loose items on the ride - period." Alvey

I understand all that, but my point was if I can stash everything away in a zipper pocket that doesn't obstruct any restraint, are they going to go through my pockets in the quest for the dreaded camera/cell phone? That would be the first time I've ever experienced that at any park I've ever been to. I've been to 26 different ones around the country so it would really be an eye-popper if that was to happen.

-- Peoplemover "No disrespect to SFMM security, I'll go along with it, but I'll go along with it with rather wide eyes..." Matt

You have to understand this is not just about people having cell phones on the ride, this is more about the park wanting to have some control over what images are released and when.

I'm not sure if the "no cell phone" rule is just for the media event or for the life of the ride, but remember this is THEIR multi-million dollar attraction that they have INVITED us, for free, to the media event and if they tell us no camera phone on the ride, then no camera phone on the ride.

--Robb "Just assume no loose items on the ride - period." Alvey

I understand all that, but my point was if I can stash everything away in a zipper pocket that doesn't obstruct any restraint, are they going to go through my pockets in the quest for the dreaded camera/cell phone? That would be the first time I've ever experienced that at any park I've ever been to. I've been to 26 different ones around the country so it would really be an eye-popper if that was to happen.

-- Peoplemover "No disrespect to SFMM security, I'll go along with it, but I'll go along with it with rather wide eyes..." Matt

Like I said, it's more about the media event and them wanting to control the footage that comes out of that day.

Things are always a bit "different" around media days. Because remember, we are basically their "extras" in the film shooting. Rules are bit different than on a normal operating day.

It's been like that on pretty much any media day, TV commercial, or Discovery Channel shoot I've done.

--Robb