TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, I saw that. Disappointing, but also pretty much expected. As much as I was hoping they’d open, I would’ve done the same thing in their position.

Off-season in Utah is such a depressing time of year, at least for me. Rotten luck that this disaster had to strike right when we were about to finally be done with it.

I miss Lagoon. I think I’m going to walk the trail anyway early Saturday morning, since I need the exercise and then at least I can see the park. I’m bound and determined to ride the first Cannibal train of the season, if possible, so I’ll keep monitoring.

At least now, I have good reason to stop obsessively checking their Facebook page multiple times a day. I’ll just check it on Mondays.

Edit: I wonder if the new ride will be that red Crazy Bus-type thing that some people had seen in one of the construction zones. That is exciting, and something good to look forward to in the midst of all this.

I look forward to visiting the park again soon. My university was offering refunds to leave housing, so I booked it and went home to California last week. I'm here until the start of May (and it looks like all parks here will be closed for all of April), so hopefully Lagoon is open when I return to SLC for work in May. I am crossing my fingers that most parks can get back on their feet by June. We'll get through this.

I'm hoping so as well. We will definitely get through this. Some people are saying we won't be free from this quarantine until at least 6 months from now. Those people scare me, but I don't think they're accurate. I sure hope they aren't, because at that point, there won't be any summer left to enjoy. I am trying to remain confident that Lagoon will open by May or June. I'm sure they'll open as soon as they are able -- fingers crossed that it'll be within the next little bit.

Here are a few photos from when I "visited" yesterday evening, with my brother. We walked along the Lagoon trail up to Farmington Pond. A few people we saw were wearing masks. It was weird, to see Rattlesnake Rapids with no water and Cannibal's empty lift hill, but it was still great to be near the park. The campground bathroom and showers were unlocked, for whatever reason, which was convenient because the ones by Farmington Pond definitely weren't. And the elk were pretty happy to see us.

Trying to make the most of all this.

IMG_7561.thumb.JPG.3d97460dc7b37e5c67450d0ee1a4cf7b.JPG

IMG_7550.thumb.JPG.33ed443a5213deaecaada79ae652428e.JPG

IMG_7543.thumb.JPG.595132a9f1b6585355aa57241506a0d6.JPG

• 1 month later...
Lagoon's schedule has listed the next available weekend as operating ever since March. They keep pushing it back week after week. I wouldn't trust it too much.

Ahhhhhh that makes sense! I'm not from Utah but it would make sense that they would open pretty soon considering zoos are opening and other parks have openings coming up!

I do believe Lagoon will be one of the parks to open sooner rather than later, though. Utah is doing much better than several other states when it comes to COVID-19. They recently moved into the orange phase, and if they advance into yellow within the next month, I can see Lagoon opening in June.

I do believe Lagoon will be one of the parks to open sooner rather than later, though. Utah is doing much better than several other states when it comes to COVID-19. They recently moved into the orange phase, and if they advance into yellow within the next month, I can see Lagoon opening in June.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lagoon is the first large American park to open

It's a bummer that the single rider lines will be eliminated. I believe Cannibal and Wicked were the only rides to have them, but they were extremely nice. Oh well, it is understandable given the circumstances.
I believe it is pretty safe to say that ride capacity may be cut by 50% or more, depending on the ride/seating arrangement, as it is. It is also possible that there will be additional distancing on carriers depending on the group size.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I think the interesting thing about the distancing is that Lagoon doesn't allow single riders in the front or back rows, so we'll have to see if they allow parties to ride together in those rows or if they adopt the Oriental Heritage strategy of one per row on the 2 across rides.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/lagoonpark/posts/10157246760607823

Wow, it looks like Lagoon is opening tomorrow! That is a nice surprise.

Lagoon is Opening, Reservations required!

We are pleased to announce that Lagoon has received authorization from our friends at the Davis County Health Department and community leaders to open the Park this weekend, beginning Saturday, May 23rd at 10:00 a.m. We ask that guests try to avoid coming right at opening to forestall delays. Guests are required to have a face covering (mask) for entry.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE: To maintain social distancing, avoid crowding at the Park entrance, and achieve capacity limitations, an online reservation system has been implemented. Guests purchasing a Single Day Passport and our season passholders will be required to make a reservation online for Park admission. Tickets may be purchased online at the same time the reservation is made. This will speed and simplify the process of entering and obtaining a wristband that will be used to confirm authorization for Park privileges. Reservations are available now online for one week out. For more information, and to make a reservation, please see our actual Reservation Page on Lagoon’s website.

Lagoon will have our Season Pass Photo Area, located near the entrance to the Park, available to provide season passport identification cards today, Friday, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., Sunday from 11:00 until 8:00 p.m., and beginning Monday, every day during the Park’s regular season from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.

Lagoon’s Biergarten continues to be open today from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Parking and admission to the Park is free to Biergarten diners until the Park itself opens tomorrow. We invite season passholders to consider enjoying a great meal with their family at the Biergarten when coming to validate their passports.

Lagoon supports and encourages the download and use of the Utah Healthy Together App. @ Lagoon Amusement Park

98594847_10157246760512823_3475356303197470720_o.thumb.jpg.6bcff87661ca95d903cb47f4b5501a11.jpg

99123302_10157246760262823_9116521621421555712_o.thumb.jpg.0806ce12bfff515ca2bdc141f0945508.jpg

I think you have to buy tickets before you can make a reservation as a non-passholder.

And I'm not gonna lie, this is kinda making me want to get on a plane and get my coaster fix. Two Schwarzkopfs would be the perfect remedy for 5 months of no coasters LOL.