TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

That is the Lagoon Roll.

Every time I hear that name, I think of sushi. I now want Lagoon to serve the "Lagoon Roll" sushi in one of their restaurants. Ugh, and now I just want sushi in general. "Lagoon Roll" sounds very tasty!

How does the lagoon roll ride? It looks like it has a lot of potential to be awkward. If possible rate using sushi terminology. Great footage, thanks!

I had the exact same thought about the sushi before I rode it!

All I can say is the element is one of those "Thank you restraint for saving my life!" moments.

Was there a reason for so much side to side wobbling in the POV? I didn't know if the car rocked side to side that much of if that was just how the camera was rigged.

We had to use a chest mount, so it wasn't the smoothest video we were able to shoot, but regardless, I don't think it rocked "so much" either. I think we are just spoiling people with our normally rock-solid mounting to trains!

Agreed, I guess we're all used to your train mounted vids. The only reason I asked was because much of the design was done in-house and you always wonder about how well rides, especially coasters, will track in that situation. Obviously Dal Freeman has experience designing coasters, but I was just wondering how well the ride experience turned out in this case. It appears to be done properly, and Freeman as well as Lagoon are to be commended for what looks like a great addition.

Was there a reason for so much side to side wobbling in the POV? I didn't know if the car rocked side to side that much of if that was just how the camera was rigged.

We had to use a chest mount, so it wasn't the smoothest video we were able to shoot, but regardless, I don't think it rocked "so much" either. I think we are just spoiling people with our normally rock-solid mounting to trains!

Agreed, I guess we're all used to your train mounted vids. The only reason I asked was because much of the design was done in-house and you always wonder about how well rides, especially coasters, will track in that situation. Obviously Dal Freeman has experience designing coasters, but I was just wondering how well the ride experience turned out in this case. It appears to be done properly, and Freeman as well as Lagoon are to be commended for what looks like a great addition.

Dal Freeman and Dustin Allen are Engineers as well, so Lagoon did the exact same thing MACK and Disney does, as well as any Ride Manufacturer. Also, with ART Engineering GmbH cleaning things up and Dal Designing and Engineering Wicked and BomBora, with Dustin Allen, there was nothing to worry about in that respect. I LOVE, that Cannibal, and BomBora, can never be Duplicated and Copied by another Park as well.

Cannibal is a great ride. I was able to thank Dal Freeman the other night after getting my 2nd ride in. He was showing his family the ride controls. Shook his hand and talked a little with him. He was very humble about his achievement. He said it would be his last ride. What a way to go out on top!

Awesome video! I can feel the forcefulness from the screen!

Looks like the car slows down quite a lot at the MCBR, is it very noticeable?

It's not a very abrupt slowdown - but it is noticeable. Not like SFMM's Goliath. But as someone else, you don't want to go through the Lagoon roll too fast. The speed going through the Roll is perfect.

It does! I used it when I was there last week. Unfortunately, it was filled with groups of teenagers rather than single riders.

As a Single Rider, you are just there to fill a seat, so the Single Rider Line may not save that much time. I'm sure those kids were quite happy about being split up.

Awesome! Thanks for the news! The single rider line on Wicked saved a ton of time for us last year. I've gotta drive 6 hours up to SLC to get to the park tomorrow. I was worried about getting there for opening to get on before a long line hits but now I'm in no rush. Thanks again!

Awesome! Thanks for the news! The single rider line on Wicked saved a ton of time for us last year. I've gotta drive 6 hours up to SLC to get to the park tomorrow. I was worried about getting there for opening to get on before a long line hits but now I'm in no rush. Thanks again!

If you can, Ride Cannibal After Dark!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update for Anyone Planning on Visiting Lagoon, August 16th thru August 21st, and August 23rd. KUTV, the Local CBS Affiliate, is having their "Viewer Appreciation Days," where if you mention "KUTV" at the Ticket Window or Use the Promo Code, you can get an All Day Passport for $30.00+Tax. This is Known as "Hell Week," because the Park is at Capacity.

Complete Information can be Found Here: http://www.lagoonpark.com/tickets/deals-packages/

^ Just go and have a hell of a time. Lagoon is fantastic and there shouldn't be crowds when you visit. I'm not sure when school goes back in that area, so don't quote me on that, haha.

When I visited at the end of July the only line was for Cannibal and it was a 30-45 minutes all day. Everything else was a walk on, flats and coasters included.

Make sure you do everything, and I mean everything. Well, aside from the super small kiddy rides, haha. There's really not a bad ride at the park unless you consider the cookie-cutter Wild Mouse a bad ride. Aside from the rides also check out all the smaller corners of the park like Pioneer Village, as well. Also make note that the log flume and rapids ride are tucked away and hidden in the back corner of the park.

Have fun!

^ Just go and have a hell of a time. Lagoon is fantastic and there shouldn't be crowds when you visit. I'm not sure when school goes back in that area, so don't quote me on that, haha.

When I visited at the end of July the only line was for Cannibal and it was a 30-45 minutes all day. Everything else was a walk on, flats and coasters included.

Make sure you do everything, and I mean everything. Well, aside from the super small kiddy rides, haha. There's really not a bad ride at the park unless you consider the cookie-cutter Wild Mouse a bad ride. Aside from the rides also check out all the smaller corners of the park like Pioneer Village, as well. Also make note that the log flume and rapids ride are tucked away and hidden in the back corner of the park.

Have fun!

Oh crap. I thought they were open next week. Guess I'll be looking at a weekend now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did my first visit to Lagoon this past weekend and I really enjoyed it. It was very crowded and after driving for 6 hours on 5 hours sleep I was exhausted. I left for my hotel at around 3pm and meant to return at around 6pm. Didn't quite work out as I overslept

I returned to the park at 8 and got two night rides on Cannibal, two on Wicked, and a single ride in on Roller Coaster

I intend to return to the park next year with some friends and hope to do all the stuff I missed as this trip was coaster-heavy.

That said, I did all of the coasters except for Jet Star, which didn't allow for single riders. Cannibal was excellent and Lagoon should be proud to have such a unique attraction. I really enjoyed Wicked as well and was also surprised by Roller Coaster. I wasn't expecting much from this wooden and I rank it up there with Cornball Express and Yankee Cannonball for smaller woodies that pack quite the punch.

Fun times and I can't wait to return next year!