TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

That looks absolutely incredible. Seems like Lagoon did an absolutely fantastic job with building this beast.

Also, holy crap, the elevator lift seems stupidly fast.

So, as I have ridden the ride before it closed, I must say this ride is absolutely insane! I don't want to give any spoilers of a few amazing surprises, but the airtime and hang time is all over this ride. The drop does not end, and with it being a beyond-vertical drop, you are out of your seat for the entire thing. The best are the restraints. They are very minimal, and feels extremely small on you. For me, it didn't really reach my mid-section, so it was quite a thrill, and I'm not all that bulky. Very fun ride!

Cannibal is INSANE and Fast Paced. You only get a few seconds to think about what just happened to you. The Ride Delivers Beginning to End, and the LapTrays and Trains are amazingly comfortable.

Don't even bother riding Cannibal if you don't intend to Ride After Dark, because the ride is off the hook!

I was able to get 4 rides in this weekend. It is so fast and intense it needs to be ridden multiple times to fully enjoy. My favorite part was the switchback roll or "Lagoon Roll". Since the restraints give you so much upper body freedom, its terrifying and fun to put you arms in the air and dangle by your legs as you swing over the waterfall.

I was in Salt Lake County over the weekend and took a trip to Lagoon hoping to catch a ride on Cannibal during its soft opening. I managed to get 4 rides in during the short time I was the park. Cannibal did not disappoint in the slightest. It's an extraordinary coaster that has so many memorable moments starting with that lift! The first drop is probably the best first drop of any coaster I've experienced. The same goes for that huge Immelmann. The Lagoon Roll is just nuts. I wanted to hold my arms up but could not during those elements. The coaster is smooth as glass and the restraints give rides the feeling of freedom. Simply put - I haven't been on anything like it. Lagoon has a huge winner on their hands.

DSC09869.thumb.JPG.26cefcc8636b5911ed853017d4cba350.JPG

DSC09880.thumb.JPG.3f2ad9f9a6d32a7e0e65357ac217e0b6.JPG

DSC09911.thumb.JPG.e97b0055f1e473d3091fec17ca608c98.JPG

DSC09950.thumb.JPG.e6088a0c56612d82944f7f9a7b9ba166.JPG

DSC09951.thumb.JPG.202db5f3f49a42dd90e3e3c3c9d1a56d.JPG

DSC09808.thumb.JPG.47ef589b60b2fd2bcc34411cd252809b.JPG

DSC09814.thumb.JPG.cef217e25c053179c1cc4ebb8d8ffe8a.JPG

DSC09889.thumb.JPG.eaefc7e4f0cfc782769fcbd262825d42.JPG

DSC09914.thumb.JPG.a263edd33c8c45270b83a9c54e91d177.JPG

I was in Salt Lake County over the weekend and took a trip to Lagoon hoping to catch a ride on Cannibal during its soft opening. I managed to get 4 rides in during the short time I was the park. Cannibal did not disappoint in the slightest. It's an extraordinary coaster that has so many memorable moments starting with that lift! The first drop is probably the best first drop of any coaster I've experienced. The same goes for that huge Immelmann. The Lagoon Roll is just nuts. I wanted to hold my arms up but could not during those elements. The coaster is smooth as glass and the restraints give rides the feeling of freedom. Simply put - I haven't been on anything like it. Lagoon has a huge winner on their hands.

The Inverted Loop is just so Wrong it's Awesome! By the time you think, "when are we going to Invert?" BAM! You Invert immediately in the Dive!

Did you get an after dark Ride?

I was only at the park until 4 pm. I had to head back to Las Vegas that night. I don't know if getting a night ride was even possible given that Lagoon closes at 10 pm and it doesn't get fully dark until after 9 pm. Plus, I have been hearing that Cannibal has been closing early during it's soft openings. I am sure night rides will be AMAZING on Cannibal.

Cannibal was amazing! The elevator is one of the coolest parts of it, I love how it's in complete darkness. That first drop makes Wicked's launch seem like it's nothing. You are literally hanging by your restraint when you go over that first drop! (don't worry, the restraints are super comfortable, and they are super secure. They ratchet down as you pull it, which is a huge stress reliever.) The Lagoon Roll is amazing! Hanging by the restraints almost the entire time! This is the only roller coaster that makes me want to go down to lagoon and ride it every single day! If only the line wasn't an hour and a half long all the time. Best roller coaster in the world! 12/10!!

Cannibal was amazing! The elevator is one of the coolest parts of it, I love how it's in complete darkness. That first drop makes Wicked's launch seem like it's nothing. You are literally hanging by your restraint when you go over that first drop! (don't worry, the restraints are super comfortable, and they are super secure. They ratchet down as you pull it, which is a huge stress reliever.) The Lagoon Roll is amazing! Hanging by the restraints almost the entire time! This is the only roller coaster that makes me want to go down to lagoon and ride it every single day! If only the line wasn't an hour and a half long all the time. Best roller coaster in the world! 12/10!!

There are also Hydraulic Locks as well. You can actually see the Hydraulic Fluid flowing when the Lap Trays are released from row 3. It also sounded like there were on board Hydraulic Pumps, not to mention I'm curious about the Proximity Switches on the Trains themselves.

With my recent visits to Holiday World, Kings Island and Lagoon, I revisited my top ten lists to see how things measured up. My top five steel list is now as follows:

1. Bizarro - Six Flags New England

2. Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood

3. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa

4. Diamondback - King's Island (newly added)

5. Cannibal - Lagoon (newly added)

So yes, IMO Cannibal is a top 10 steel coaster. (I was a bit surprised Diamondback ended so high on my list. But then again, I totally loved it) Granted, I have not been to Europe or Asia so basically my top coasters consist of only American coasters. After considering Maverick and Millennium Force, my #6 and #7 steel coasters, respectively, I felt Cannibal barely edged them out by having such a unique (and creepy) lift, a totally insane first drop, four inversions that left me apprehensive about holding my hands up, great pacing throughout the coaster, a silky smooth track, great theming, and very, very comfortable restraints. While I don't believe Cannibal is perfect, it is a solid thriller that does so much, so very well.

It will be interesting to see how this measures up on Mitch's poll later this year.

Wow.

I need to get to Utah soon!

Don't. There is no Cannibal here. It's all a ploy by thMESSAGE REDACTED BY THE UTAH STATE GOVERNMENT

Any government redaction would be at the order of the LDS Church, since there is no such thing as separation of church and state in Utah State Government.