TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

I have a question for locals. I'm still planning on visiting this summer. I've heard that there are certain rules on the coasters regarding the number of riders. Specifically, that some of the coasters require 2 riders per row, and all the coasters require 2 riders to sit in the front or back rows. Since I'll be visiting the park on my own, and am definitely a front row rider, this could mean that I won't be getting front row rides on the coasters. Is this accurate? Thanks for the advice.

-Doug

I have a question for locals. I'm still planning on visiting this summer. I've heard that there are certain rules on the coasters regarding the number of riders. Specifically, that some of the coasters require 2 riders per row, and all the coasters require 2 riders to sit in the front or back rows. Since I'll be visiting the park on my own, and am definitely a front row rider, this could mean that I won't be getting front row rides on the coasters. Is this accurate? Thanks for the advice.

-Doug

This is correct, you won't be riding in the front row, and you won't be riding the Jet Star 2 at all if you can't find somebody to ride with you. There was some talk of lagoonisfun.com putting together an "ambassador" program for those who are visiting and looking for ride partners. I've got a season pass and am willing to meet people and ride with them (on days I'm available) provided they don't mind me hitting the Sit & Smoke Station (smoking sections) pretty frequently.

Basically, the two major coasters with trains (Roller Coaster and Fire Dragon,) don't allow single riders in front or back rows. The only one you can't ride at all is Jet Star 2. The ones I am not sure about are the three family coasters: Bat, Bombora, and Puff.

Through an odd turn of events, it looks like i'll be heading here this summer. Along the way, we are going through Las Vegas, for the Adventure Dome and Stratosphere, and Park City Mountain resort, home of the longest alpine coaster in the world. Can anybody tell me whether or not Cannibal is open to the general Public? If not, can you tell me the approximate date. Any help would be appreciated! Can't wait!

I've ridden Bat and Bombora alone, although neither was in the front. I seem to recall a "no single riders" sign in the front row of Bat. Doesn't Puff have a 54" limit if you aren't riding with a child?
Puff has NO Minimum (Must Ride with a Responsible Person) or Maximum Height Requirements or Restrictions. As long as the Lapbar and Seatbelt Lock, you can ride.

Can anybody tell me whether or not Cannibal is open to the general Public? If not, can you tell me the approximate date. Any help would be appreciated! Can't wait!
The only answer you will get from Lagoon is "Cannibal will open during the 2015 Season."

Fire Dragon, Roller Coaster, BomBora, Bat, and Puff do not permit Single Riders in the Front or Back Rows of the Trains; there must be two riders in those rows.

Today, Lagoon opened the First BeaverTails Pastry Location in the Country! BeaverTails are described as Hand Stretched Whole-Wheat Pastry Float Cooked and Served Hot with Butter and a Number of Topings, such as Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and Bananas, Reeses Pieces, Cinnamon Sugar, and Many More! One might think this sounds like a Traditional Elephant Ear, but we were assured BeaverTail Pastry is nothing like an Elephant Ear....it's much Superior! Cedar Point will also be opening a BeaverTails Pastry as well.

http://www.beavertailsinc.com/

Cannibal News:

Cannibal has surpassed 1,000 Test Cycles and Lagoon has placed Trains #5 and #6 on the Track.

Today, Lagoon opened the First BeaverTails Pastry Location in the Country! BeaverTails are described as Hand Stretched Whole-Wheat Pastry Float Cooked and Served Hot with Butter and a Number of Topings, such as Hazelnut Chocolate Spread and Bananas, Reeses Pieces, Cinnamon Sugar, and Many More! One might think this sounds like a Traditional Elephant Ear, but we were assured BeaverTail Pastry is nothing like an Elephant Ear....it's much Superior! Cedar Point will also be opening a BeaverTails Pastry as well.

http://www.beavertailsinc.com/

Cannibal News:

Cannibal has surpassed 1,000 Test Cycles and Lagoon has placed Trains #5 and #6 on the Track.

This is awesome news! I'm so glad I'll be able to have them again. Last time I had them was in 1999 at EPCOT! Beaver Tails and a new ride, this is a great year to be going to Lagoon!

It's been quite a long time (weeks!) since we had a Cannibal update. The anticipation is killing me.

Anyone know anything?

I just checked Lagoon's website for a Cannibal opening date and I found this update:

"Due to ongoing testing and commissioning, the opening of Cannibal has been postponed to a later date. Stay tuned for another announcement."

Haven't they been testing this ride for like a month now? I can't imagine what the delay is, but you would think they'd have it open by Memorial Day weekend. Twisted Colossus just started testing like a week ago and it's going to open Memorial Day weekend, so I wonder what's going on with Cannibal.

It's been quite a long time (weeks!) since we had a Cannibal update. The anticipation is killing me.

Anyone know anything?

I just checked Lagoon's website for a Cannibal opening date and I found this update:

"Due to ongoing testing and commissioning, the opening of Cannibal has been postponed to a later date. Stay tuned for another announcement."

Haven't they been testing this ride for like a month now? I can't imagine what the delay is, but you would think they'd have it open by Memorial Day weekend. Twisted Colossus just started testing like a week ago and it's going to open Memorial Day weekend, so I wonder what's going on with Cannibal.

Judging by the pov, its prly to amazing and intense and there going to trim it to death

Judging by the pov, its prly to amazing and intense and there going to trim it to death

Or it's just a significantly more complex ride with way more moving parts that take much longer to work the kinks out of than, say, one that just tacked two 20-second roller coasters together and called it a day.

Not to mention it's being built in-house - give them some time (and credit).

I thought I'd check Lagoonisfun.com to see if there's any update there but it seems those forums have gone to crap with the delayed opening and all. From what I gathered, nobody on the outside has any idea why this coaster is taking so long to open nor has an opening date been released. I'm a bit salty that I wasn't able to ride back in April but I'm sure Lagoon has their reasons for delaying the opening.

Actually the most intense part of the ride is probably going to be the double barrel roll thingy after the brake run. Trimming would just make that MORE intense.

Many people over at Lagoon is Fun suspect it will open in June, because that's when Lagoon's rides tend to open.

Lagoon is well known for refusing to say anything. If we couldn't see this coaster we still wouldn't know almost anything about it.

Lagoon employees have been reminded not to share details, and the employees are listening.

Based on observation, it may be delayed because of late train arrival and continuing construction on themed elements (like the pool/pump house for the waterfall)

Lagoon opened Wicked without announcing it first. They could do the same with Cannibal to prevent it from possibly having problems on its announced opening date.

I suspect we'll hear nothing more until the day it opens.

It is not Lagoon's trend to open rides in June. The last time a ride opened in June was Wicked, with all other rides open March/April. The last three opened a week after opening day, but Lagoon is very well on opening rides at opening, it's just some things are out of their control, and they want to be safe with Cannibal, which I don't blame them.

I don't get why everyone says Lagoon never says anything and they are being as secretive as Area 51. They don't have to update everyone on knowing that another bolt was tightened, or a tree was planted. They have publicly stated they want to be safe with the ride, and with it being in-house, who should say they shouldn't be?