TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Each time I'm about to book my planned August flight to Salt Lake City I think "I just don't want to wait that long" and then I bail.

I then spend the next two days trying to figure out how to get myself there in June, only to come to the realisation that with my schedule it's almost impossible to get myself there until August.

So then I start over at the beginning, eventually decide I'm too impatient to wait until August and then repeat the entire (hopeless) process again.

Each time I'm about to book my planned August flight to Salt Lake City I think "I just don't want to wait that long" and then I bail.

I then spend the next two days trying to figure out how to get myself there in June, only to come to the realisation that with my schedule it's almost impossible to get myself there until August.

So then I start over at the beginning, eventually decide I'm too impatient to wait until August and then repeat the entire (hopeless) process again.

I'm the exact same when it comes to traveling. I want to visit a park sooner, but circumstances don't allow at the time. But then I think about the benefits of waiting later because the crowds will be less. I thought about a trip to Lagoon this year, but I already have other trips planned. Hopefully next year I will get out there to experience Cannibal. This coaster looks FANTASTIC!

I'm the exact same when it comes to traveling. I want to visit a park sooner, but circumstances don't allow at the time. But then I think about the benefits of waiting later because the crowds will be less. I thought about a trip to Lagoon this year, but I already have other trips planned. Hopefully next year I will get out there to experience Cannibal. This coaster looks FANTASTIC!

I could probably go in July, but I'll wait until August. I can be patient...especially if it means lighter crowds!

I could probably go in July, but I'll wait until August. I can be patient...especially if it means lighter crowds!

August is usually the Busiest of the Summer Months at all Parks, including Lagoon.

Why are there only 3 seats in the back row during that video?

That's the Special Thrill Element. That seat is a horse saddle with a seat belt designed for it. For true thrill seekers only!

Like Steeple chase

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428382649.929139.jpg.cb8abbabc1339c03b9472e409a2258df.jpg

(img:coasterbuzz)

Why are there only 3 seats in the back row during that video?

That's the Special Thrill Element. That seat is a horse saddle with a seat belt designed for it. For true thrill seekers only!

Julie Freed, Lagoon's Director of Special Events, posted the following on Instagram regarding the removed seat on the back row of the Cannibal Test Train, "One of the seat frames in the back row was temporarily removed in order to sculpt the padding. The padding manufacturer requested it and we were pleased to oblige. ALL Cannibal vehicles are configured with 3 rows of 4 individual seats."

Does anybody know what the capacity for this thing will end up being? The cars seat 12 people, and there can only be one in the elevator at a time, so assuming they average one dispatch every 90 seconds (I'm not sure how efficient Lagoon's ops are overall), that'd be...480 people per hour. Yeah, expect some long lines, especially just after opening.

I've heard that on Wicked they assign you to rows to help with the low capacity, do you think Cannibal will have assigned seating too?

On an unrelated note, my prediction is that the "secret element" will be a Thirteen/Verbolten-style surprise drop in the elevator section. I've always thought that would be a really cool element to have on an elevator lift, it could really freak out some GP into thinking it broke LOL

Does anybody know what the capacity for this thing will end up being? The cars seat 12 people, and there can only be one in the elevator at a time, so assuming they average one dispatch every 90 seconds (I'm not sure how efficient Lagoon's ops are overall), that'd be...480 people per hour. Yeah, expect some long lines, especially just after opening.

I've heard that on Wicked they assign you to rows to help with the low capacity, do you think Cannibal will have assigned seating too?

On an unrelated note, my prediction is that the "secret element" will be a Thirteen/Verbolten-style surprise drop in the elevator section. I've always thought that would be a really cool element to have on an elevator lift, it could really freak out some GP into thinking it broke LOL

Lagoon's Press Packet states that Cannibal will have a Maximum Hourly Capacity of 1,200 Riders Per Hour. Lagoon's Operations are Excellent and Capacity/Efficiency is important. This is why the Night Wicked opened to the Public with a 46" Height Requirement, it was Changed to 50" later that Evening, because the Booster Seats were cutting Capacity too Much. After that, Lagoon started Sending Smaller Riders who needed the Booster Seats up the Exit Ramp. Lagoon then built separate Single Rider Line and Booster Seat Line to Get Maximum Capacity. I'm pretty sure Cannibal will have a Grouper, but like with Wicked, if you ask the grouper nicely, they might just assign you the row you want. If not, just thank them anyway, and go to your assigned seat.

Because Cannibal has a Dual Lift Platform System, it will go something like this: Lagoon will Load Train #1 and Train #2 at the Same Time and Dispatch them Together. Train #1 will load on the First Lift Platform, while Train #2 waits in a Waiting Zone behind it. Train #1 on Lift Platform 1 will lift to the Top while Lift Platform 2 comes to the Bottom of the Shaft. Once Lift Platform 1 Locks in Place at the Top of the Tower, Train #1 can Exit the Tower, meanwhile Lift Platform 2 can Load Train #2 onto it for the Ride Up.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that 1200 riders per hour is a very realistic expectation for this ride. In order to reach that number, a train would have to be dispatched every 36 seconds. In the previous video, it looks like there are 38 seconds between trains, but I don't know how realistic that number is when you have to start loading actual riders. I think a number around 960 (45 seconds between trains) is much more realistic but even that will require the ride ops to really be on their game. I'm very interested to see what the actual cycle times are once this thing is open to the public. If Lagoon can actually push 1200 riders per hour through this coaster, then I will be very impressed!