TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Except Lagoon is in Logan. You fly into SLC. That's the airport code too so there's not much room to change the acronym.
Lagoon is in Farmington, Utah, roughly Half Way between Salt Lake City and Ogden. Logan is more than an Hour away from Lagoon, where as, Lagoon is only 20 Minutes from Salt Lake International Airport.

How about let's use SL,UT instead?

Yin, "SL,UT" T-Shirts are quite a Popular Tourist Gift! lol

If I was flying into Utah to ride Cannibal (assuming I wasn't arriving or departing on a Sunday), I'd take the Trax Light Rail Green Line from the airport terminal to the North Temple station, then take the escalator down to the FrontRunner commuter rail station, and take that to the Farmington station. Then I'd stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Farmington that is basically across the street from Lagoon (though not across the street from the entrance). I'd use the Free UTA Lagoon Shuttle as my main transportation between the park, the hotel, the train station and the Station Park development where there's a grocery store and a bunch of other shops (even an Apple store). I'd buy my food at the grocery store and take it into the park in a cooler like everybody else does.

Oh, and if my budget didn't allow for the Hampton Inn, I might just bring a tent and stay at Lagoon's campground and get an admission discount.

Edited by Jetstar2

^ Provo to Farmington is 61 miles. That's an hour, tops, on the highway. And don't talk to me about traffic. Utah's "traffic" is a joke compared to real cities.

I knew I was going to get a comment like that. Lagoon is far enough away that I wouldn't make it any sort of weekend ordeal like I would for, say, Sundance.

Any knowledge I have of where Lagoon is comes from my cousin who firmly believed it would take 2.5 hours to drive there. I feel totally ignorant now and I'm sorry about that. I should have looked it up for myself. It still looks pretty far away, but certainly not in Logan and definitely not 2.5 hours away.

Utah is a great place. Hopefully you all can visit it sometime. A visit to Temple Square is a must for a trip to SLC.

I think those "SL,UT" shirts are stupid and are in poor taste.

I saw someone wearing that in LA, really mature.

Does Lagoon do the maintenance of Colossus in house or do they contact Gerstlauer for it?

I usually fly up in the morning. Rent a car. Go to the park and fly back that night (from Vegas). Total trip usually under 150 (including car, food, and tickets for 2). some times a little more if the kid begs for merch...