TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

Does this mean that the ride will be open this weekend? As far as Lagoon's website is concerned, Cannibal does not yet exist. I guess there hasn't been an official announcement yet; is this correct?

I was planning on traveling up to Lagoon on the 27th or 28th with my roommate. I feel like the ride will be open by then, but a week of testing prior to a grand opening seems a bit short. Perhaps it's different for this kind of ride since the trains are so small. On the other hand, the test video didn't show any launch of any kind. If that's going to be a thing I don't see the ride opening very soon.

Does this mean that the ride will be open this weekend? As far as Lagoon's website is concerned, Cannibal does not yet exist. I guess there hasn't been an official announcement yet; is this correct?

I was planning on traveling up to Lagoon on the 27th or 28th with my roommate. I feel like the ride will be open by then, but a week of testing prior to a grand opening seems a bit short. Perhaps it's different for this kind of ride since the trains are so small. On the other hand, the test video didn't show any launch of any kind. If that's going to be a thing I don't see the ride opening very soon.

It was announced a quick google search will pull up some hits in the local media. Idk about the time frame for opening but it tends to take many weeks of testing before the governing body will approve its grand opening.

Cannibal has been officially announced by Lagoon since September. They don't have any information on their website about Cannibal as they only announced half of the complete ride, and want to keep most of it a secret until it opens.

From what's said, they want to test the ride for at least a full month before opening to the public. It's best to wait until Mid-April to visit.

The ride looks amazing. Also, I like ThemeParkJunkie51290's idea for a promotion.

Thanks! I'm glad you like that idea! Be sure to check my channel on Youtube for the actual video. It's a basic video, but fun to watch. You can see it by clicking the Youtube link. My Youtube channel is the same name as my user name on TPR if you have any troubles with the link.

Lagoon doesn't open until the 28th, which is not this weekend, but next weekend.

This is my idea for a promotional video for Cannibal: "Deep within the jungle . . . It waits . . . *scary jungle music* . . . Waiting for it's next prey . . . *scary jungle music* . . . Once you enter . . . *scary jungle music* . . . There's no going back . . . *screaming* . . . CANNIBAL . . . YOU CAN NEVER SCREAM TWICE!

uh.... ok.

Lagoon doesn't open until the 28th, which is not this weekend, but next weekend.

I'm sorry; I totally missed that. I could have sworn that it said it opened the 20th when I checked before. I still feel like Cannibal might open with the park though. Yes, they just began testing, but they also just put the last piece of track in place. It seems like the final stages of construction on this ride are going by pretty fast and I suspect the park is rushing to get it open. Plus, the park actually has two weeks before it opens, not just one week like I thought. I guess it's not all up to the park at this point, though. I'm not sure how much of a say they get in getting the ride inspected and stuff.

I'm going to join the minority (of pretty much just me) and say that the ride will be open on the 28th, but that's probably more of a vain hope than an educated assumption. I leave school mid-April when most people seem to think the ride will open. With finals and everything, I doubt I'd be able to make it up to Lagoon around that time.

I'm sorry; I totally missed that. I could have sworn that it said it opened the 20th when I checked before. I still feel like Cannibal might open with the park though. Yes, they just began testing, but they also just put the last piece of track in place. It seems like the final stages of construction on this ride are going by pretty fast and I suspect the park is rushing to get it open. Plus, the park actually has two weeks before it opens, not just one week like I thought. I guess it's not all up to the park at this point, though. I'm not sure how much of a say they get in getting the ride inspected and stuff.

I'm going to join the minority (of pretty much just me) and say that the ride will be open on the 28th, but that's probably more of a vain hope than an educated assumption. I leave school mid-April when most people seem to think the ride will open. With finals and everything, I doubt I'd be able to make it up to Lagoon around that time.

Cannibal won't be opening on the 28th of March. It may open Mid April if everything goes well.

It's a pretty quick flight from Oakland to SLC, and only 20 miles from there to Lagoon. Now, to find a way to say to my wife "Honey, watch the kids for a few days while I go to Utah to ride this new coaster" without risking divorce...

It's a pretty quick flight from Oakland to SLC, and only 20 miles from there to Lagoon. Now, to find a way to say to my wife "Honey, watch the kids for a few days while I go to Utah to ride this new coaster" without risking divorce...
Just tell her you are going to search for a sister wife to watch the kids!

I'm always having to bribe my wife to let me go

It's a pretty quick flight from Oakland to SLC, and only 20 miles from there to Lagoon.

God, I need to go to Lagoon. I remember first hearing about this park while on a road trip in May 2008, and I thought it sounded pretty cool. I basically have to go all the way down from the very top of 98th Avenue to get to the Oakland Airport, so I should be in good hands. I probably could work a really quick Salt Lake City trip in this summer.

Just tell her you are going to search for a sister wife to watch the kids!

My first visit to Lagoon was last year and I was pleasantly surprised with this park, I didn't anticipate spending the whole day there, but we did! Operations were terrific and there is a nice balance of flat rides, dark rides & coasters! Totally going to have to make a trip up this year for the new coaster!

Ok guys, so SuperDude123's friend has delievered! Some AMAZING up close shots of the themeing around the station, as well as 2 closer shots of the trains during testing. Also, he said that his friend took a rather special picture that's being held off for a later time. Courtesy of SuperDude123. Enjoy!!

247663015_Cannibal2015142.thumb.jpg.f03283cd28b8be8e3b43a970620c7219.jpg

553261561_Cannibal2015143.thumb.jpg.77446d8873173197e7668235f25a9b6f.jpg

411930672_Cannibal2015144.thumb.jpg.bf8bda506864feb4cfba9bb61058ab91.jpg

894288048_Cannibal2015145.thumb.jpg.d1d00f01f7f883f20dcde84f25443b96.jpg

1533818337_Cannibal2015146.thumb.jpg.b274b8d7dfdfdef3e4b6f24018d6fdad.jpg

604204200_Cannibal2015147.thumb.jpg.1b84ddd575d5eb46e379acb5a4d66588.jpg