TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

This is a very impressive-looking project. Still have yet to visit Lagoon.

It's a really great park. It's the "hidden gem" of theme parks. I haven't been there since 2007 (Wicked was open but I was too short, and this was before Bombora and obviously Cannibal). I only remember good things. However, there is a very good chance I'll be able to make it back there when we drop my brother off at college!

So SuperDude123, along with some other sources have confirmed that they spotted the trains for Cannibal being built today, and said they are similar to Wicked's trains, but lack the over-head shoulder restraints, and allow for the same upper body freedom that wicked does. He says pictures will hopefully come soon. Stay tuned.

So SuperDude123, along with some other sources have confirmed that they spotted the trains for Cannibal being built today, and said they are similar to Wicked's trains, but lack the over-head shoulder restraints, and allow for the same upper body freedom that wicked does. He says pictures will hopefully come soon. Stay tuned.

Wicked also has lapbbars.

Wicked also has lapbbars.

I believe he is still Confused by the Original "Overhead Lapbar" Design and this Alternate Design being used.

Hey guys! So I've pulled together all the funds I need to make a trip to Lagoon for the first time, all I'm waiting on now is a confident opening date for Cannibal. After doing quite a bit of reading up on the park, it's sounding like Lagoon is not exactly the most single-rider friendly place. Any advice, tips, or suggestions from anyone who has gone to the park solo (or knows enough about the park to help)?

Hey guys! So I've pulled together all the funds I need to make a trip to Lagoon for the first time, all I'm waiting on now is a confident opening date for Cannibal. After doing quite a bit of reading up on the park, it's sounding like Lagoon is not exactly the most single-rider friendly place. Any advice, tips, or suggestions from anyone who has gone to the park solo (or knows enough about the park to help)?

Sure, Lagoon's policy on single riders is for the most part restricted to their roller coasters, mainly the big ones. Wicked has a line dedicated to just single riders, but the only single-riders issue is they won't let just one person in the front or the back. This is most prominent on Colossus and White Roller Coaster. Since your plannin on flying solo, plan on meeting other single riders. And it's lookin like Cannibal isn't gonna be open until probably mid-April, but I'm sure Lagoon will announce the opening window for Cannibal.

^Thanks a lot! The "no single riders in front and back row" was one of the things I heard. After learning about that, I was mildly annoyed but I can ultimately live with it. The one thing that grabbed my attention was the no single riders policy on Jet Star 2. Given the seating arrangement on that coaster, I'm a bit hesitant in what awkwardness might come should I ask someone to pair up with me.

Wait there's going to be a hidden launch? That was the surprise element they were teasing? It though the surprise element was supposed to be the elevator lift inside the tower.
The Elevator Lift was one of the Elements Listed in the Press Release. The LSM Launch and Reverse Barrel Rolls were Not.

Lagoon is Not "Single Rider Unfriendly," they just have Certain Safety Rules for the Front and Back Rows of Each Coaster that require there be 2 Riders in the Front and Back Row of Each Train (Roller Coaster, Fire Dragon, BomBora, Bat). For Wicked, Spider, Wild Mouse, there must be at least 2 Persons in the Car. There are No Single Riders on Jet Star 2. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone or even a group to ride with over on LagoonisFun.com.

Here's a thought: LSM magnetic fins can function as magnetic brakes when electricity is off right? First time the train passes the LSM section, no current is in the magnets so the train slows down for a roll back on the overbanked turn. When it passes the LSM again, a minor current is applied to accelerate the train a bit more, then it rolls back from the dive loop+double down. When the train passes through the LSM for the third time, a strong current is applied to launch the train and finish the course. Kind of like YOLOcoaster without stopping the train.

That way there are three sweet airtime hills!

Here's a thought: LSM magnetic fins can function as magnetic brakes when electricity is off right? First time the train passes the LSM section, no current is in the magnets so the train slows down for a roll back on the overbanked turn. When it passes the LSM again, a minor current is applied to accelerate the train a bit more, then it rolls back from the dive loop+double down. When the train passes through the LSM for the third time, a strong current is applied to launch the train and finish the course. Kind of like YOLOcoaster without stopping the train.

That way there are three sweet airtime hills!

The ride is supposed to have a 2.5 minute duration, and there is likely a little less than a minute from the first drop to the brakes assuming there is no rollback, leaving 1.5 minutes for the 200 foot elevator lift, which would have the lift travel at 132fps, which is slower than the slowest modern elevators. Divertical's 196 foot elevator lift takes 30 seconds total. Also, there's some unexplained structure or booth under the launch. So just maybe...

Lagoon is Not "Single Rider Unfriendly," they just have Certain Safety Rules for the Front and Back Rows of Each Coaster that require there be 2 Riders in the Front and Back Row of Each Train (Roller Coaster, Fire Dragon, BomBora, Bat).

So this "Safety Rule" is spreading from Six Flags now? I still don't get it. I thought I heard an explanation at one point that blamed some stupid insurance liability reason, but it still doesn't make sense. Obviously riding with two people in front or back vs. one doesn't suddenly make the ride safer.

So this "Safety Rule" is spreading from Six Flags now? I still don't get it. I thought I heard an explanation at one point that blamed some stupid insurance liability reason, but it still doesn't make sense. Obviously riding with two people in front or back vs. one doesn't suddenly make the ride safer.

It insures that there will be witnesses in the event of an accident.

Lagoon is Not "Single Rider Unfriendly," they just have Certain Safety Rules for the Front and Back Rows of Each Coaster that require there be 2 Riders in the Front and Back Row of Each Train (Roller Coaster, Fire Dragon, BomBora, Bat). For Wicked, Spider, Wild Mouse, there must be at least 2 Persons in the Car. There are No Single Riders on Jet Star 2. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find someone or even a group to ride with over on LagoonisFun.com.

Thank you for the helpful insight, that about clears up all of my concerns. Regardless of their single rider policies, I am very much looking forward to visiting Lagoon for the first time. Based on what I've read both on and off TPR, it seems like the park has escaped my to-do list for far too long, even without the insanely awesome looking coaster they're putting together.

This is the same bull$h!t that SFOT uses. Just because there are two people in the last row, doesn't automatically mean they're good witnesses. It's an absolutely ridiculous policy, but at least Lagoon (from what I see on this forum) actually TELLS people that this rule exists, unlike SFOT.

Thank you for the helpful insight, that about clears up all of my concerns. Regardless of their single rider policies, I am very much looking forward to visiting Lagoon for the first time. Based on what I've read both on and off TPR, it seems like the park has escaped my to-do list for far too long, even without the insanely awesome looking coaster they're putting together.

Though that is a valid reason, I suspect it is also to increase capacity, because we all know that the front and back seats almost always have the longest lines.

This coaster looks so unique, and I think the layout and associated rock work additions all look fantastic! I would love to ride Cannibal someday!! And kudos to Lagoon for coming up with this in-house......that's pretty awesome. That first drop looks absolutely ridiculous, in the best possible way!!

Lagoon is Not "Single Rider Unfriendly," they just have Certain Safety Rules for the Front and Back Rows of Each Coaster that require there be 2 Riders in the Front and Back Row of Each Train (Roller Coaster, Fire Dragon, BomBora, Bat).

This is the same bull$h!t that SFOT uses. Just because there are two people in the last row, doesn't automatically mean they're good witnesses. It's an absolutely ridiculous policy, but at least Lagoon (from what I see on this forum) actually TELLS people that this rule exists, unlike SFOT.

Make sure you both tell that to the Teenage Girl and Little Boy that were Seated Alone in the Back Seat of Roller Coaster and Puff who Died and to the Manager that had to walk up to Puff to see a Little Boy's Brains all over the place. If you were in their shoes, you'd do the same thing!

It's also quite SIMPLE. The Riders in the Front Row See the Track ahead and those in the Back Row can see the Entire Train. I mean, all Ferris Wheel Manufacturers now have a "No Single Rider" Policy that Lagoon has had on SkyScraper since it opened in 1991. RC Fussner is also on Lagoon's Payroll and has been for many years, so perhaps RC or his Son Consulted with Six Flags Over Texas.