TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

^ I think what people feel on board is the composition of vertical and lateral forces. The entrance of Arrow corkscrews are overly banked but the positive G makes the lateral G feel less than it actually is. The feeling of strong lateral G can be lessened with heavier vertical G. So I guess Kanonen's heartline roll entrance give a bit of positive G to reduce the sideways hanging sensation.

Here are the latest images of the theming, for you TPJunkie. Thanks to LagoonisFun.

Here is the final helix, which looks very great and I'm sure will lead to some serious g's!

And from Lagoon's Facebook page, we got this picture of a new intriguing track piece.

10917828_10152544045172823_4415056038291902715_n.jpg?oh=ce8976e600f7214af131db04bd6ea92a&oe=556E2A0A

We all are assuming this will be some sort of trim brakes, but the fact is those are actually LSMs. Trims are copper-colored fins (look at the one on the drop), those are bigger white electromagnets. Plus you can spot the electrical armors underneath the track, and a guide-rail for sensors.

Nothing has been revealed thus far for how the trains will be getting up that tower, correct? Could the LSMs be for a vertical launch up the tower a la Wicked? The park has said they are taking inspiration from Wicked to use in the new coaster, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. Plus there's still that secret element... Makes total sense to me.

Nothing has been revealed thus far for how the trains will be getting up that tower, correct? Could the LSMs be for a vertical launch up the tower a la Wicked? The park has said they are taking inspiration from Wicked to use in the new coaster, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch. Plus there's still that secret element... Makes total sense to me.
It has already been confirmed it will be an elevator lift, and the park hasn't said they got inspiration from wicked with this coaster, only that it seems some inspiration comes from Wicked. The biggest similarity is that they are both designed by Dal Freeman.

Just when I thought I knew what this was going to be, Lagoon pulls another surprise out. LSMs on a curved piece of track? Given what's left to go up, it almost seems like the ride might boost you into the helix for extra g-force or over a hill for extra airtime.

Just when I thought I knew what this was going to be, Lagoon pulls another surprise out. LSMs on a curved piece of track? Given what's left to go up, it almost seems like the ride might boost you into the helix for extra g-force or over a hill for extra airtime.
It is bound to be some magnetic trims. If this turns out to be an actual launch of some type during the middle of the course, you could say that's the surprise they are keeping secret. They really could go either way with it! Lagoon, we give you Cannibal, but wait, THERE'S MORE! SURPRISE!

I love that they're not only taking it to the next level ride-wise, but also theme-wise. Theming really sets places apart and makes rides special. It's worth every penny to make this ride into a total immersive experience.

I was just looking at deals to fly to Denver later this year for a short trip. Really seriously considering trying to figure out how to add on a SLC add-on somehow. If the reviews are stellar, it might just win me over.

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. Not my video, but thought ya'll would love seeing this monstrosity close up! You get a good look inside the top of the elevator lift as well as a nice fly-through of the first inversion.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. Not my video, but thought ya'll would love seeing this monstrosity close up! You get a good look inside the top of the elevator lift as well as a nice fly-through of the first inversion.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Fixed for you :

Here's a new update on Cannibal. The pictures from Superdude123 on lagoonisfun.com

The dive loop on top of the station is going up as well as the odd dip afterwards! Notice the finned piece of track lagoon posted earlier is in the valley after the dive loop and before the next element (an overbank through the immelman). You can see just the beginning of the fins after the dip on track behind the waterfall structure.

There's been speculation as to whether the LSMs are braking or accelerating.

D757AD74-7C38-43CC-84E5-F4C07BB46CC2_zpsd5ueeenu.thumb.jpg.d9b3fa000848359583ccea53973bc65b.jpg

C056E6EC-F9F7-4F24-B8D2-D2A437AE6992_zpsdgxpjolw.thumb.jpg.472a242f7f5095484c901dacd60b3c11.jpg

Is the helix theming pointing outside of the park? It doesn't seem visible from anywhere off-ride, and it seemed pretty extensive in the concept art.

I believe somewhere it stated there will be a viewing area but I'm not 100% sure.

Is the helix theming pointing outside of the park? It doesn't seem visible from anywhere off-ride, and it seemed pretty extensive in the concept art.

I believe somewhere it stated there will be a viewing area but I'm not 100% sure.

I was imagining the queue will wrapping back there too. We will see, but I'm sure the park will want to show off everything!