TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wait, Giovanola made an invert?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when people say Giovanola made only 2 coasters, that's just in the US, right?

No. This entire thread is about a coaster that doesn't exist. The thread was made to confuse someone in hopes that they would bump it a decade later to see if the coaster that everyone was talking about for 3 pages actually exists since that makes way more sense than performing a 2 second Google search which would answer your question.

Edit: Or checking RCDB, the website that was linked in the post right before yours.

So when people say Giovanola made only 2 coasters, that's just in the US, right?

No. This entire thread is about a coaster that doesn't exist. The thread was made to confuse someone in hopes that they would bump it a decade later to see if the coaster that everyone was talking about for 3 pages actually exists since that makes way more sense than performing a 2 second Google search which would answer your question.

Edit: Or checking RCDB, the website that was linked in the post right before yours.

Okay, not trying to be rude, but I did not need that sarcasm. I performed that little Google Search and found this link below. And it turns out Anaconda was indeed a Giovanola ride.

I find it kind of a shame that two out of three Giovanolas are hypers. It just seems like their design style would have great for looping coasters, considering the great things I have heard about Anaconda. They seemed to really lack the right style to build hypers, but I can imagine that this style would kick some serious ass on any looping coaster.

Gold Reef City has been at or near the top of my bucket list for a while, mainly because of Anaconda.

Same here, I love coasters heavy on positive G's. Anaconda along with Tower of Terror makes this park look awesome for a visit.

Several years ago in IAAPA's Fun World magazine there was an article about the park that stated they were working on buying a second train for Anaconda. On RCDB the train in picture 43 looks different from the train in the early pictures, so clearly they bought at least one new train. Does anyone know: Who built the new train? Do they run two trains now, and if so did they buy two new trains or still use the old train as a second train?

I've been there!!

It was winter for them, and during the time ToT was SBNO, so I was DYING to ride that and the shuttle loop, but both were closed.

However, we waited a really long time for Anaconda and it didn't disappoint! It's been so long for me (2006 I believe) but I just remember the theming was some of the best I've ever seen for a coaster, let alone an invert. The helix around the rock was awesome to watch and ride! In my naiveté, I thought this coaster was a B&M until someone told me it wasn't. It looked just like one!

I have pics of it somewhere, I'll try to look for them over Christmas break.

I've always been intrigued by this ride. It and Tower of Terror just look like a lot of fun, especially with that double helix. And hey, once I get on Anaconda, then I can say that I've ridden all the Giovanolas ever made. All three of them. But sadly, that won't be anytime soon.

I'm not sure whats so appealing about this thing? It looks like a Batman rip off with a double helix at the end. Am I missing something?

It's not an ordinary double helix. That helix banks past 90 degrees if you look very closely. There are some offride videos on YouTube that confirm this.

Also notice the speed with which it traverses the zero-g roll. Lots of whip. Looks better than Batman for sure.

I mean yeah. Sure it does.

Are you saying Batman is not forceful? If so can I have some of whatever you are smoking?

Batman may be forceful but not fun.

I'm sorry but you're out of your mind.