TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wait, Giovanola made an invert?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only connection between this(Anaconda) and a normal B&M Inverter that I could find, was the designer, under neath the Make and Model of the coaster, for example I went to the Dueling Dragons Page and noticed the designer was Ingenieur Büro Stengel GmbH, which is exactly the same designer which is on the Giovanola (Anaconda) Page.

Hope that helps.

-Matyn

That's me alright! This thing's g's is eally impressive! at the bottom of the loops the g's pushes you straight into the seat! The helix around the fake rock is abslolutley amazing!

I'll try and make a POV and ofride video footage of it in June/July.

I haven't got a camera but i'm sure i can burrow one from family/friends. I'll also try to get a POV of Tower of Terror (see avatar) but its currently SBNO and hopefully it'l be open when i go. And btw, what RCDB soen't show is that the trains also have wheel caps just like beemers.

That's me alright! This thing's g's is eally impressive! at the bottom of the loops the g's pushes you straight into the seat! The helix around the fake rock is abslolutley amazing!

I'll try and make a POV and ofride video footage of it in June/July.

I haven't got a camera but i'm sure i can burrow one from family/friends. I'll also try to get a POV of Tower of Terror (see avatar) but its currently SBNO and hopefully it'l be open when i go. And btw, what RCDB soen't show is that the trains also have wheel caps just like beemers.

Awesome awesome. That helix looks pretty freaking sweet (and impressive themeing).

Suddenly I'm very disappointed that Giovanola only churned out a few coasters on their own.

The only connection between this(Anaconda) and a normal B&M Inverter that I could find, was the designer, under neath the Make and Model of the coaster, for example I went to the Dueling Dragons Page and noticed the designer was Ingenieur Büro Stengel GmbH, which is exactly the same designer which is on the Giovanola (Anaconda) Page.

Hope that helps.

-Matyn

For what it's worth, Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH is Werner Stengel's engineering company, and has been involved with the design of what seems like almost every steel coaster built for the last 20 years, regardless of actual manufacturer.

Just some of the companies they do engineering work for:

Intamin

B&M

Premier

Gerstlauer

Zamperla

Maurer Soehne

Giovanola

Zierer

So seeing their name associated with a coaster doesn't really mean a whole lot in terms of indicating a connection between rides.

Also, both B&M and Giovanola started out working for Intamin (and I'm pretty sure that Giovanola still does), so there are bound to be similarities between their rides.

I'm just saying....

The whole park looks pretty cool. Not that I'll ever make it over there, but yeah.

Okay, could anybody tell me Giovanola's story? RCDB lists a bunch of coasters with them attached to, but most of them somebody else designed. So how many did they actually do all the work on? Just Titan, Goliath, and Anaconda here?

And why'd they stop? They've certainly shown some potential with their work. Why the dropout?

^ I've alwaysd wondered why they had just dissapeard. I mean its rare that a company who makes 3 (Anaconda,Titan/Goliath and Eurostar) awseome coasters and just, DISSAPEAR!

btw Three, about the weather, its Africa so mostly its warm although winters (June/July/August) are very rainy and windy, but parks still stay open. In the summer it hits around 40 degrees celsius on a normal day.

The coldest i've experienced in SA is around 3 celsius.

I badly want to go to that park. It seems like they've purposefully gone out of their way to install rides that are really special.

Whether that's intentional at all I've no idea, but I don't see why a park without much local competition on its own level would invest in something so out of the ordinary?

The helix in my view is what makes this ride.

I'm not so much interested in the inversions on coasters, but the way that they are linked. And this one seems to do it well

The trains look weird though. Too small for the track. Probably because I'm so used to BaM phatboy trains on that sort of track though

well Giovanola is or used to be (not sure) was contracted to build thr supports and track of B&M coasters. when B&M couldnt build in house they had Giovanola build it. But as far as I know that was prior to when B&M had a plant state side. Anyone know if they still work together?

Giovanola aka GTec has been out of the coaster business for quite some time. In the meanwhile the company is closed or is at least "in liquidation".

See also: http://www.moneyhouse.ch/shab/1998_105/Giovanola.htm

You may also note that CH 1870 Monthey is, where the headquarters of B&M are, hehe...

See: http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/contact/contact_en.aspx

Well, now we actually know where Phantasialand got its inspiration from for Black Mamba. It's not Nemesis, but Anaconda!

In fact, the similarities are striking. They have almost the same sequence of inversions and the genuinly African snake goes round some rocks including some near misses, just like its German counterpart.

Seriously, this should be without a doubt the best themed coaster on the southern hemisphere.

Unless I did not search hard enough, but does someone have a video posted of that ride (Anaconda)?

It does have nice theming. I'm curious of Nemesis was built before this ride or perhaps theme-concepts came from this ride and Nemesis just took it an extra step. I specifically enjoy the photo of the train transversing around that rock-formation...coolio!