TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Equinox was running with guests a bit yesterday, but it broke down several times. I'm surprised they're having so much trouble with a ride that is designed to be portable. The lights look great at night, but i'm so not thrilled with the sound package on the ride, as it ruins the ambiance of the adjacent Antique Carousel.

The park was also as busy as I've ever seen it. The main lot was full, the grass lot was almost full, and there was a constant stream of busses shuttling people from an off site lot. The only line under 20 minutes was the Tiki Maze, and the lines for the haunts were 2+ hours.

• 4 months later...

WINTER UPDATE:

Canobie Lake's flume lift hill was removed. They are being very quiet about it but it is most likely a large renovation or extension to the ride. There is several construction machines in the parking lot.

Along with the flume, Canobie is updating the brake system on the Yankee Cannonball to allow two trains to run at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release about this coming weekend's job fair.

With an opening day of April 27th for Canobie Lake Park’s 2013 season, the Park is looking for hundreds of quality guest-service-centric individuals to fill a variety of available positions.

Canobie Lake Park’s Annual Spring Job Fair will be held on Saturday, March 30th, from 10AM to 3PM at the Park in Salem, New Hampshire. Interviewers will be looking for talented, dedicated candidates to fill positions that include ride and game attendants, cashiers, EMTs, security officers, food service personnel, ride mechanics, custodial help and many others.

“As this is our first Job Fair of the season, we’re expecting a sizable turnout and we’ll be prepared,” said Chris Nicoli, Canobie’s Marketing and Entertainment Manager. “It takes the cooperation of a large, talented staff working together to provide a memorable entertainment experience for our guests. We offer an exciting place to work and are hoping to fill many positions at this event.”

What advice can he offer applicants? “Dress to impress and come with a positive attitude,” said Nicoli. All Park departments will be represented at the job fair. For more information, visit the jobs section of the Park’s website at canobie.com.

• 1 month later...

I'm planning a trip up to Canobie Lake Park. On a Saturday in July how busy would it be? I'm planning on staying almost a full day...Is that too much? And also, is there any supermarkets or other stores up there that have discounted tickets or coupons?

A full day in the summer is what to do if you wanna ride most of the rides.

I would recommend getting a chair in the morning at their water park, castaway island if it is a hot day.

The rite aid and mcdonald's in salem have discounted tickets but you can get cheaper ones on their website. They're is free parking so you don't have to worry about that.

Make sure you check out Yankee Cannoball in the morning, it is their most popular attraction. Pyscho-Drome is a gem too.

A full day in the summer is what to do if you wanna ride most of the rides.

I would recommend getting a chair in the morning at their water park, castaway island if it is a hot day.

The rite aid and mcdonald's in salem have discounted tickets but you can get cheaper ones on their website. They're is free parking so you don't have to worry about that.

Make sure you check out Yankee Cannoball in the morning, it is their most popular attraction. Pyscho-Drome is a gem too.

Most of the discount coupons in past years haven't been good on weekends. They were offering $27 discount tickets online yesterday, but it's too late now for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Planning to hit Canobie this Sunday, but I just saw on the website that Equinox is "scheduled to open Mid-June 2013." I figured it would be open by now for certain, since it was testing back in October. Anyone know what's going on with it?

Not as of today. It was down all day Sunday, at least until 5 or so when I gave up on waiting for it. Xtreme Frisbee also broke down shortly into the day, and the staff said it wouldn't be back up. Boston Tea Party was down part of the day. Pirate ship and Caterpillar still aren't ready to open. Not particularly thrilled with that...

At least crowds were light, everything was a walk-on, even Yankee Cannonball.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming Summer offerings!

The Fourth of July is almost upon us and there is no better place to celebrate summer than at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hampshire. The Park is now open every day and evening, and guests can’t seem to get enough scream-inducing thrills on Canobie’s wild roller coaster, Untamed. And that’s just for starters.

With plenty of thrill rides, family and kids’ rides, water rides, games and attractions – including the Park’s Castaway Island water play complex, included with admission – Canobie Lake Park has something for every member of the family to enjoy. To celebrate Independence Day, the Park will present fireworks displays choreographed to music over Canobie Lake on four consecutive nights, July 3, 4, 5 and 6, weather permitting. To keep the sizzle going all summer long, Canobie also has fireworks displays scheduled for each Saturday night through August 31st, weather permitting.

Also included with admission are Canobie’s popular “Summer of SuperStars” live tribute shows, appearing now through Labor Day. The Tribute to Katy show is new this year, bringing the popular songs and choreography of Katy Perry to Canobie’s Dancehall Theater. Canobie’s Tribute to Bieber show returns, featuring the music of the enormously popular Justin Bieber, while the crowd-pleasing Tribute to Michael show returns for its fourth year at the Park.

“Forever Kings,” a combined tribute to the legendary music of Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, also returns this summer during selected weeks. Entertaining families with a variety of amazing – and amusing – prestidigitation, “Hagerman’s Vaudeville Magic Show” debuts on Canobie‘s Village Stage. And later in July, “Junk Rock” invades Canobie with a “stick shredding” percussion performance that makes the audience part of the show. Complete show information and performance times can be found on Canobie’s website at canobie.com.

Canobie Lake Park is a quick trip from most points in New England with one low admission price that includes all rides, attractions, live shows and Castaway Island water play complex all day. There are reduced evening rates and parking is always free.

For an even better value, Canobie Lake Park discount admission coupons are available at participating McDonald’s® Restaurants, Market Basket® Supermarkets, Rite Aid® Pharmacies and Tedeschi® Food Shops all over New England while supplies last. “Buy 2, Get 1” evening discount coupons are also available on specially marked cans of Pepsi® and Mountain Dew® while supplies last. For coupon availability, more information and Park hours, visit canobie.com.

Kings_003.thumb.jpg.51cb565d6835350841d1aa551135a859.jpg

clp-frwrx.thumb.jpg.79954785096c03f6b981c344ba91753c.jpg

Hey, my mom and I are most likely going to make a stop at Canobie for half a day or so, and I was wondering how the lines would be. Don't want to make the trip, since it is a bit out of the way, if we won't be able to ride everything a few times, especially Untamed. Thanks in advance for any advice!

On a typical weekday, the Yankee Cannonball and Untamed will both have about a half hour wait. Then the Corkscrew should have a 15-20 minute wait.

On weekends or a holiday, lines might be an extra 15-20 minutes in length for the major attractions. While the crowds aren't as bad as Six Flags New England, there will be some waits. However, I highly recommend the park.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think I'll be there. I went earlier in the season, but Equinox was down so I was debating making a second trip. However, I made plans to go to Lake Compounce instead since I haven't been there in a few years and Boulder Dash is calling my name.

Stopped briefly at Canobie yesterday -- it was PACKED. So packed they were lining up cars to park along the entrance and exit roads, and along the fence of the park (I've never seen it that crazy). They also had cops directing traffic within the parking lot.

The parking capacity also explained why a very large section of land has been dug up at the far end of the parking lot--the far end opposite of the Cannonball (new construction area also complete with more entrance towers). Lots of construction going on right now (if you're standing facing the park entrance, the construction area is a huge chunk to the far left of the parking lot, and it even extends down past the waterslide area towards the woods). My initial hope/wishful thinking was "Park expansion, yay!" - but, according to a parking lot attendant, to the best of her knowledge, this new expansion is for parking only (which is clearly needed as evident by the number of people that were there yesterday).

Equinox was not running. Interestingly too, the ads for Canobie that have been playing non-stop on the radio in which they really hype-up Equinox have been replaced with the generic Canobie "just for fun" ads (at least, I haven't heard the Equinox ads for over a week now, and it used to be several times daily). Nothing is up on Canobie's site about the ride being down, so maybe it's just a temporary issue? I wonder why this ride is giving them such a hassle.

Also, the new log flume lift hill seems faster--anyone else notice?