TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Good news for those looking to visit Canobie from out-of-state, New Hampshire no longer has the rule that anyone who used public transportation outside of NH, VT, and ME in the past 2 weeks is denied entry into the park.

Realistically, I know most people probably said they didn't even if they did, but I decided to respect that rule last year to avoid getting the park or the employees I knew in trouble.  In fact, I think the park assumed everyone would just say no to that rule.  I tried contacting the park last year if a negative covid test could be presented as an alternative if I took public transportation and they said I was the only person who asked, so they had no clue if it was acceptable or not.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I had an great first visit to this park today! It was perfect weather, with a chance of rain that didn't come and kept the crowds away. I got to ride Yankee Cannonball (awesome ride in rows 1, 3, and 4) seven times, mostly with a one-train wait. The Canobie Corkscrew was closed, though, so I only got two credits today. There was also a construction wall around the carousel building that had a sign on it that said "wet paint," so I guess they're doing some refurb work? It seems kind of odd to be doing that at the beginning of July. Anyway, this park was really charming and I hope to come back someday.

As a bonus, here's a video of some insane banking I saw on Ice Jet. I only saw this during this one cycle, and my cycle was considerably tamer. I remember @Canobie Coaster mentioning that the park's old Matterhorn ride used to bank like this, so it was neat to witness. I guess that either the operator was taking matters into his or her own hands for a minute or there's different programs that can be selected.

• 1 month later...

As far as I'm aware the Corkscrew hasn't operated at all in 2021.  Recently, the ride was removed entirely from the website and park map.  The park has taken closed rides off the website before, but this is the first time I've seen them remove a closed ride from the map entirely.

Given Corkscrew's location next to the small and highly popular Castaway Island water park, I suspect the park is getting ready to expand their water park onto Corkscrew's plot.

• Sad 1

It is really not a good ride, but I feel lucky I at least got the credit last year if it does go away. It'd be a real shame if the plot was "wasted" (entitled coaster nerd alert!) on waterpark expansions on top of that versus a new coaster, but I am sure they know best what will drive the highest ROI. 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I probably shouldn't be sad about the removal of a bad Arrow Corkscrew that I haven't bothered riding in probably 20 years, nostalgia wise it is kind of sad. I feel like for a lot of New Englanders that grew up riding coasters before 2000, this was their first looper (myself included) as it was pretty much just this and Black Widow at Riverside. I remember the line for this thing extending out to the midway back in the 90s. Now it's obsolete, even by Canobie standards. Waterpark expansion is the right thing for the park to do.

Also...i haven't been to Canobie since the year Untamed opened, so not sure if i just dont remember Corkscrew being blue or if they hadnt painted it yet, but that blue is atrocious lol. The yellow and black always looked nice.

I mean, ever since they shortened the train ride, the old station and loop right across the midway are on a decently-sized plot of land for a potential replacement coaster if the Corkscrew plot itself becomes more waterpark space...

• 5 months later...