TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Oh well, just another "welcome to Murica". Land of the ya cant take away r, guns, knives, ect cet ra cause we need to p'tect usselves from, yall know, them other types. So sad .

Being a native from New Hampshire I can say that Vermont is nothing but trouble. If you look at the map you can clearly see that it's NH but upside down. Much like a crucifix may be upside down in a house inhabited by a demon.

Seriously though, having lived all over the country and been to parks all over the world, Canobie is a gem and I'm sad to see it make news this way. Gov. Maggie Hassan...it's time to install the fence.

Edited by burningstroller

Oh well, just another "welcome to Murica". Land of the ya cant take away r, guns, knives, ect cet ra cause we need to p'tect usselves from, yall know, them other types. So sad .

Being a native from New Hampshire I can say that Vermont is nothing but trouble. If you look at the map you can clearly see that it's NH but upside down. Much like a crucifix may be upside down in a house inhabited by a demon.

Seriously though, having lived all over the country and been to parks all over the world, Canobie is a gem and I'm sad to see it make news this way. Gov. Magnum Hassan...it's time to install the fence.

Not sure why it keeps correcting to "Magnum" despite my efforts to change it to a similar female name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtFSzVVW7i8

Why these two parks were compared is beyond me. Canobie should have been faced up with larger parks, it's not in the same category with NU.

Comparing the amazing cannonball to a compact spinning coaster which a million parks have? Really? YC is one of the best classics out there in the east coast. Insane.

Not true. Every state has sick people. Vermont is one of the best states along with NH and Maine. The other half of new england sucks lol

Canobie is New England's best kept secret. My favorite park!

I have friends who live up in that general area of VT, and I can tell you that the area that those charmers drove down from is a total ****hole filled to the brim with white trash. VT has some nice parts, but most of it is honestly really bad. The sky-high rate of heroin usage and massive influx of traffickers and dealers is the icing on the cake.

Ya, very surprising, But while it can be seen as negative news there are positive ways to look at it.

Security did their job and were on top of things.

Metal detectors are not a must. The park operate a simple bag checkpoint at the entrance and it works.

The park keeps 2 city police at the property to back up security and they did their job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about visiting Canobie a week from Thursday. If I can get to the park at open, will I be able to do most/all of what Canobie has to offer if I leave at 4 pm?

Is there a way to get discounted tickets?

I am planning on riding all the coasters, are there any flats or other rides that are must hit rides?

What are the can't miss food items that I have to eat when I'm there?

Thanks for your assistance.

I'm thinking about visiting Canobie a week from Thursday. If I can get to the park at open, will I be able to do most/all of what Canobie has to offer if I leave at 4 pm?

Is there a way to get discounted tickets?

I am planning on riding all the coasters, are there any flats or other rides that are must hit rides?

What are the can't miss food items that I have to eat when I'm there?

Thanks for your assistance.

If you see Equinox operating, ride it immediately. Not only is it the park's most intense ride and best flat, but it has a tendency to break down. Star Blaster, Wipeout, Xtreme Frisbee, Caterpillar, and the Turkish Twist are the park's other 5 best flat rides in my opinion.

Mine of Lost Souls is a solid dark ride worth checking out. I recommend riding it early in the day before the line forms. I highly recommend checking out their log flume as well since it uses its natural setting well.

As for the coasters, Corkscrew should be a 15-20 minute wait. The Yankee Cannonball, even with a full queue (which is likely), is a little over a 30 minute wait. Untamed has a single rider line at the exit and the standby line is usually no more than an hour.

I personally enjoy the Portofino Restaurant most, but I have heard that the seafood by the Boston Tea Party is worth checking out.

It's official..

http://www.wmur.com/news/canobie-lake-parks-newest-ride-shutting-down-for-foreseeable-future/27221542#!bqS1Fg

Canobie Lake Park's newest ride shutting down for 'foreseeable future'

Spokesman says safety has not been issue

Published 8:25 AM EDT Jul 30, 2014

SALEM, N.H. —A New Hampshire amusement park has shut down its newest ride "for the foreseeable future."

Related

The popular twisting, twirling Equinox is closed at Canobie Lake Park in Salem.

Spokesman Chris Nicoli tells the Eagle Tribune says the ride's operation has been sporadic. He said safety has not been issue, and there has not been any one specific cause for the lack of its regular operation.

Employees said numerous problems have left the ride inoperable, less than two years after it opened.

The ride has three mechanical arms that lift participants 75 feet up into the sky, spinning and swinging.

Edited by larrygator

Didn't know any "Tangos" were actually purchased for permanent installations. They have a Tango at the OC Fair in So Cali and it is a very good looking ride especially at night with the light packages that KMG installs. The issue is they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable and awkward to ride.

I've ridden a Tango (not at Canobie) a couple of times and thought it was a terrible ride. It's got height going for it and it looks great, but I agree, not a good experience for its passengers. Fun to look at, not fun to ride.

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share this.

I don't know how to upload pictures, but if someone can teach me how that'd be great.

I have pictures of a Corkscrew marking. There are apparently 4 around there. My friend took it.

BTW, Canobie is my home park, I live relatively close to it, 35 minutes.

Yankee Cannonball was my first coaster and remains in my top 5 to this day.

When you click "Post Reply," underneath the white box where you write your message is the options tab which lets you upload photos. Just pick the file from your computer and give it a caption. If you want to add more photos, you just keep hitting "Add the file" and a new field is created.

Didn't know any "Tangos" were actually purchased for permanent installations. They have a Tango at the OC Fair in So Cali and it is a very good looking ride especially at night with the light packages that KMG installs. The issue is they are EXTREMELY uncomfortable and awkward to ride.

Canobie purchased their tango used from a carnival so it wasn't a park model.

Tango has been operating with no issues for RCS for awhile now. KMG rides are pretty reliable for flat rides. I actually enjoy the tango, since I'm more of a flipping person than spinning when it comes to flats.

I suspect there is something wrong with the ride that requires an expensive fix they can't afford at the moment...