TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo: TR Holiday World Media Day

O yeah just one more thing. WHY ARE THE MID-COURSES RIGHT ON THE GROUND?!?!?!?! If they had a problem and needed to stop the train there the riders are screwed, it won't make the return trip!
Um what you failed to notice is the ride goes uphill to the mid-course... The whole rest of the ride is down the hill. It will make it easily... Didn't you wonder why the hills shrunk in size before growing again?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The change in elevation from the mid course to the station is close to 100 feet. If the train did stop there, it would have no trouble making it back considering the train tops 50mph as it hits the brakes.

It's pure insanity people. Night rides on this thing are going to be unreal. Also, I dont think you will see alot of people marathoning it. Each ride takes quite a bit out of you.

If the interview was correctly heard "We are striving for 1-mil guests" I am quite certain they will break that mark this season for sure!

Now a new thread will be started on what is fav woodie now?..lol

HW will now have 3 world-class woodies for sure. With this success, I cannot see them building a steelie anytime soon.

O yeah just one more thing. WHY ARE THE MID-COURSES RIGHT ON THE GROUND?!?!?!?! If they had a problem and needed to stop the train there the riders are screwed, it won't make the return trip!
Um what you failed to notice is the ride goes uphill to the mid-course... The whole rest of the ride is down the hill. It will make it easily... Didn't you wonder why the hills shrunk in size before growing again?

Oh! Now i see what your talking about. I thoght the ride was built on flat ground. My bad.

Well, so much for being the first TPR member to report back after riding it. Coincidentally, I met CoasterDave at the ebay auction charity ride and we ended up riding partners for 10 trips on the Voyage in that hour (sorry not 43 times though). In total, I rode it 14 time. I preface this review with this comment, I am not a wooden coaster lover.

This ride is absolutely amazing. The drop is INSANELY steep for wood. The fresh smell of pine all around. The airtime on the first few hills is quite noticeable. The tunnels do add to the ride as well. The train carries amazing speed in the turn around portion. The triple down after the brake run and the following bunny hill are my favorite. The last portion is quite amazing as well as to the turns and the increase in speed carried throughout the ride.

I found that as the day went on, the ride got much quicker. The front proves to be the best view and imo, the best floater airtime. The rear of the train I found to be too violent to keep reriding. The middle surprisely has a decent amount of airtime all around.

I plan on posting a ptr when I get home (still have Beech Bend to hit). But I can say without a doubt, this is my favorite wooden coaster to date. My previous favorite was Boulder Dash. As far as the air time, I feel SRoS @ SFNE has more intense ejector air than the Voyage. On the Voyage's best runs, I found constant floater air all over the ride, at every turn and rise and fall. This is a profound ride for this park and all enthusiasts. Just watch out for the portion of track before the first 90 degree turn and the part as you go under the lift hill

That thing looks like a blast!!!javascript:emoticon(':b')

How many 90 degree turns does it have...3?

Atually its 2 but 1 is like 87* or something like that. But i have seen the official POV and it is AwEsOmE!!!!11!!!1!!!!1!11!!1 I soooooooooooo wanna go down there and ride it!

We need to take your enthusiast card away......

There are indeed 3 90* turns. 3.

Wow, after watching that video my jaw had dropped to the floor. I was a little skeptical when it first entered the MCBR... I too thought it was on level ground and would crawl to the end. But wow, that thing looks like it's still going around 45mph when it hits the final brakes.

I really want to get out there and ride this now.

Yay Airtime!

Can I please put my order in for one of these at any Australian Park within the next 3 years. Putting a woodie like this in any park down here would be a great addition to what is slowly becoming a great range of coasters in a small area......a person can dream can't he.....