TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

El Toro Media Day...?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody from TPR call the park yet? I really hope we can go.

TPR will not be attending the media day. Please, don't call the park speaking on our behalf. That will get you banned from the site.

We were fortunate enough to do the SFMM media day and for those of you who were there you saw first hand how much work that was to put together. We just can't do that all the time...at least not yet!

But once again, if ANYONE from the site calls the park on behalf of TPR asking to go to the media day YOU WILL BE BANNED from the site.

Sorry to sound harsh like that, but we didn't spend the past decade building relationships with the parks only to have people who aren't associated with the site making phone calls.

Well, I guess if they're planning on opening El Toro this weekend, then no TPR media day for us.

Man that suuuucks!

I really don't know what to say to this. Sorry you think it "sucks" that we're not putting on a SFGAdv media day event. First off, we have ever only put on *ONE* such event in the history of the site. How that translated into an expectation for an event for each major ride opening I have no idea. Secondly, we never brought the idea up to the park because we don't have the ability to put on such an event even if they agreed to it.

The idea that people expect us to put out so much time and money for EVERY media day is kind of absurd. Sorry we just don't have the bandwidth to do this for each coaster opening, but that SFMM event cost us nearly $2k to put on. We spent weeks planning the event and that was on top of our full time jobs. We just can't do that for each and every ride opening. Sorry.

Thanks for your understanding.

--Robb

• 3 weeks later...

No worries, Robb!

And just to clarify, I wasn't saying it sucks that you guys weren't doing a media day, I merely meant that it sucked that I thought TPR wasn't getting an invite or anything. Figured we'd just be invited to ride and take pics/vids and stuff for the site, but I guess that's not how it works. Wow...I didn't realize you guys shelled out so much dough for the Tatsu Media day!!! You guys are way to good to us! I'm gonna have to buy another shirt or DVD pack or something (does TPR sell those logoed thongs ).

Man do I feel like a freeloader!

No offense intended...you guys rock!

G "much appreciation for all R & E do for us TPR nerds" Money