TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Siam Park - Waterpark in the Canary Islands

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Now why did I want to scream "Mortal Kombat" at the end?

So i assume you also wanted to scream "Mortal Kombat!" when you saw photos of Chinese New Year? Or when you saw the "never ending story"?

You assume too much friend. But for clarity, the video's ending graphics were done in a similar style to the Mortal Kombat game and movie, hence my joke about that loose connection. Nothing more. Hopefully this puts your mind at ease.

For certainty, I would not disrespect the cultures that begat martial arts, nor the positivity that training has brought to my life. I'm most greatful to Asian culture (bows politely and respectfully).

Reason for Elissa not going to the Canary Islands anytime soon...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_disaster

That is all.

And? Maybe I missed the tone of the post, but that doesn't seem to be a valid reason to not visit somewhere. You do realize that Los Rodeos:

1. Was not the intended destination airport of either aircraft.

2. Did not regularly handle large aircraft such as the 747-100/200.

3. Was not, and still is not, the primary airport for the Canary Islands.

4. Has been moved since the accident to a new location closer to sea level, eliminating the fog that was a huge factor in the accident.

Additionally, huge changes were made throughout the aviation industry as a result of this accident, and modern technology equipped on all passenger aircraft such as TCAS would prevent the disaster from occurring again.

Accidents caused by pilot error do not make an airport unsafe, and it would be highly foolish to think so. If this were the case, every major airport you've flown into would be "unsafe". LAX, O'Hare, JFK, and Heathrow have all had major accidents involving pilot error, yet these airports are not considered "unsafe".

^I guarantee you I know more about that accident than you do. Your post is pointless. Anyone who really knows me instantly knew when I posted that it was 'kind of' a joke.

I am the disaster queen...air disasters especially.

I fly all the time, I know it's safer than sitting in my apartment right now. Get to know me better before calling me out next time.

^I guarantee you I know more about that accident than you do. Your post is pointless. Anyone who really knows me instantly knew when I posted that it was 'kind of' a joke.

I am the disaster queen...air disasters especially.

I fly all the time, I know it's safer than sitting in my apartment right now. Get to know me better before calling me out next time.

I apologize, I didn't know if you were being serious. I'm a big aviation freak, so I'm used to people blowing aircraft incidents even more out of proportion than they already are. Maybe because my dad previously worked as an airline safety consultant, or because I'm currently planning on pursuing a degree in aeronautical engineering, and our professors always complain that the general public is so uneducated about aircraft.

My apologies, I wasn't aware, and it's good to know that not everyone thinks airplanes are giant metal death traps (seems a bit like some people think roller coasters are death traps).

Back on topic, this park looks absolutely incredible. The atmosphere and theming of the park reminds me a lot of IoA or Disney. They've done a great job with this.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the park 2 weeks ago and almost all is already done

NEW PICS!! ---> http://parkzone.es/2008/02/26/siam-park-parkzone-te-trae-en-exclusiva-los-avances-de-la-obra-a-dia-200208/

-The beach already have the sand brought from Portugal.

-The dragon in completed, they just have to paint it.

-The vulcano slide will have a vulcano on the top of the bowl with special affects.

-At the entrance of the park there are a sea lion pool with a wave machine for them .

I found a video of the wave pool working

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WkZ5R3dL8

Wait, why is this park actually living up to all the theming and detail portrayed in the concept art? Are they allowed to meet expectations like that?

This is looking simply stunning. And the Tower of Power underwater part appears to be considerably longer than the Aquatica slides are, which I understand has been sort of a disappointment. Do we know what animals will be in the pool here?