TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite park Train (choo-choo)?

I haven't been on much trains at parks. My favorites are Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the train at Canobie Lake Park. But I say Canobie should replace their locomotive with an EMD DDA40X. 8 axles, 2 engines, and 6000 horsepower. Biggest diesel locos ever. Technically, they are historic and would fit in with a steam loco. On second thought, Canobie's steam loco is just fine. I also like Runaway Mind Train at SFGAdv. I also remember riding a train at WDW in 1999. I also liked that, but I can't remember much of it.

Nice topic!

Let's see...I've ridden:

• The DLR trains.
  • Knott's.
  • Both at SFMM (yes, actually they've had two train rides, but they're both gone now).
  • BGT.
  • Roaring Camp (the one through the redwoods, not down to SCBB).
  • Bonfante Gardens.
  • PGA (now gone).

My favorite one? Probably the one at Roaring Camp.

Eric

My favorite is the train at Knoebels. I also liked the train they had at SFNE back when it was Riverside. That was one of my favorite rides when I was a kid and it's been gone for I dunno how long. The only remaining piece of the train is the station which was converted into concessions. If you ever go to SFNE, go to the north end, look towards the north end crackaxle canyon, and turn to the left to the thin long building. That was the former train station. *sigh*

so many good trains out their.

i love both of the busch garden's trains, and the disney ones. havent been to dollywood yet so can't judge it.

knotts tain by far track wise was kinda boaring but the fact of it being the actual rio grande railroad cars and locomotive is somthing worth a lot.

as for layouts bgw has a better over all train, i do remeber pkd had a train too, and it also went off and threw the woods, it ws the only other way to see grizzly besides the tower before the mid 90's expanded to it.

side note, though hurler and hypersonic are ok, i miss grizzly the old way burried in the trees.

Best trains I think are the scaled down steam and electric trains at Lakeside. Although the ride around the lake is a bit boring during the day, the view of the park at night is great. For ride itself I guess I will go with Knoebels through the woods.

The Miniature Railway at Pleasurewood Hills, I thought was petty cool going nearly around the whole park into the woods and dark low tunnels.

Either Canada Creek Railway aka The Happy Train at Thorpe, which can be fun waving at random people queuing up in SRQ for Inferno while going to the farm.

Port Aventura if I remember was quite good, passing Khan ect with a random recorded tour.

Worst Train - Done so far is the Pixies Train at Tivoli Gardens which they only have for Christmas, Never felt so embarrassed

DSCF0023-(PWH)---20th-Aug.jpg.5421a07850d2df67b35467a433d3e9dc.jpg

Miniature Railway at Pleasurewood Hills

The Disneyland Railroad, I mean where else can you go back in time, and through the grand canyon on the same ride?

On the Disneyland Paris Railroad, of course!

Only they have it all in reverse. You immediately go thru the Grand Canyon and Primeval World buildings, then come out into Frontierland with great scenic shots of BTMisland, Phantom Manor, then on thru Adventureland and some actual untouched land still inside the park. And a nice peek at Pirates of... before Fantasyland arrival.

It's a really nice way to enjoy the vastness and landscaped quality that Disney put into this park.

And all the trains are kewl, too!

The Miniature Railway at Pleasurewood Hills, I thought was petty cool going nearly around the whole park into the woods and dark low tunnels.

I would agree with this. Good fun and a nice long ride although a bit unusual to have an Amtrak liveried engine running round a part of Suffolk. Shame it didn't sound like the real thing.

I also liked the Cedar Point and Lake Erie Railroad with its real steam engines. Not only was it great fun and a good length but it was also a good place from which to take pictures of the drop on Millennium Force

Worst Train - Done so far is the Pixies Train at Tivoli Gardens which they only have for Christmas, Never felt so embarrassed

It's fun to become part of the pixi display eh. Anyone who has been to Tivoli at Christmas will know what I mean

The worst park train would I have come accross would have to be the railway at Genting Highlands in Malaysia. Maxium speed is 7KPH and you can overtake it at a steady walking pace.

• 2 years later...

The "Galloping Goose" at Knott's. While not a true train, it's one of the most... unique.. contraptions I've ever seen running on two rails! The ride is kind of short, but oh, so sweet.

It almost looks like a school bus with a box car attached to it. There are only seven of these in the entire WORLD! (Yes it's authentic, too.) Originally used to transport mail and things. Isn't it cute?

She runs every day until the opening of pony express* and then every week day in the off seasons.

*Subject to change due to construction

The railroad in the Magic Kingdom at WDW, I like how it's a really long ride and you get to see inside of Splash Mountain and see some of the backstage areas like the roads. Plus it's a nice form of transportation unlike the trains at my local parks (Dorney and Hershey) where all it does it take you on a round trip. Dorney's used to take you to Wild Water Kingdom but when they built Talon, they shortened the track a lot and got rid of that stop. Same with the Zephyr, it used to stop at Tot Spot now it takes you on a circuit.

edit - didn't realize I posted in this thread with a different answer in 2005.

Mine would have to Dollywood's. I like an acual Steam Train Locomotive. Not Diesel. Dollywood's has really, really great views of the woods and roller coasters. It's fun where you can get ashes in your eyes from the train. That's proof that it's better than a Diesel!!!

I also like WDW's and SFoG's.

-Tatum

Mine is a tie, only because of the announcers.

A. Six Flag St. Louis' train

B. Busch Gardens Africa or whatever it is now.

I have only been on SFSTL's during fright fest, I liked it and can't wait to ride it during the full circuit.

BGA was a excellent ride with good views, but the person on the mic sucked and was annoying, "thank you for riding the Brandy Train."