TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

College!

Scaparri

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see this thread has been revived.

I just transferred to Butler University from Indiana University. I all but hated my time at IU and also realized what major I wanted to pursue which wasn't at IU. I'll be studying mechanical engineering and physics. I'm still kind of surprised I even got into the school but can't wait to go! I've got 4 days until I move in!

-Where do/did you go to college?

I'm headed off to Kenyon College in Ohio shortly.

-What are/did you studying/study?

I'm going to be studying molecular biology and Japanese. What I want to do with molbio when I graduate, I'm still not sure of. But theres lots of graduate programs and careers I can persue.

-What made you go there?

Small class sizes, beautiful campus, amazing reputation, great facilities. It pretty much had everything I was looking for in a college.

Mark "18 days until I go!" Luskus

That's awesome man. I have a friend that is going to be a freshman there as well. Good luck and live it up.

In six days I will be starting at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan.

Since I was late to register, I have the strangest mix of classes. Some of my classes include: Visual Basic, Non-Verbal Communication, Photography, American History, Liberal Education... my major right now is Advertising and Public Relations.

-What made you go there?

Everything is BRAND NEW! Not to mention it's a mid-sized college and better than the college my parents wanted me to go to: MSU. I don't want to go to a big school like MSU, so I chose GVSU instead.

I'll post a Photo TR of my dorm move-in soon...

Jon "Reality" Roost

graduated from University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) May 2006

Started as an ArchiTORTURE major in 2001. Did a WDW College Program Jan - Aug 2003. Did one last year of torture, hated the changes they made to the program while i was gone and switched majors for fall 2004. Ended up graduating this year with a BA in Journalism/Media Studies concentrating in Public Relations. Now im working as a marketing coordinator for Harrah's Entertainment. Hope to start an MBA in the next two years...when I can afford it.

-What made you go there?

I originally planned to attend Arizona State (ASU), but the financial aid package sucked compared to what I'd gotten for UNLV.

I, unfortunatly, go to a community collage known as Parkland in my home town. It's not so bad considering it's one of the top community college's and I still kind of get the whole 4 year college experience since the University of Illinois is here as well. I however (thank God) am planning on transferring to the University of Central Florida next fall!

I'm currently attending UCF/Rosen right now and I can see Kraken from my parking lot... live less than 4 miles from Universal, and Disney is just a short drive away. I have a couple coaster friends in the area and I live with one of the coolest enthusiasts in the world! We go to parks all the time. I love it here... UCF is amazing!

I started college at the University of Alabama studying Chemical Engineering - but I really majored in beer.

Transferred to Kennesaw State Unversity to get my grades up - see above major.

Transferred to Georgia State University and studied Journalism with an emphasis on Public Relations.

Am now a banker in Savannah, GA - has nothing to do with anything I did in college. Had to study for my Series 7 (a 7 hour long exam to become a licensed broker) and my Series 66 (another hellish test on Securities Law.) I've done both of these in the past year - and it was like being in college again (minus all of the beer.)

I go to a media industry tech school called Full Sail in Orlando. Im studying to be a lighting technician with a bachelor degree in Entertainment Business. I want to work live shows and corporate events. Could never see myself sitting in a cubicle with tie on. *shudders*

I'm off to my first day of college tomorrow at the University of Pittsburgh - Titusville. I'm going to be studying Health Information Management (HIM), but that's not until I transfer to PITT Main in Pittsburgh in 2 years. I have a question, is it normal to feel sick because I feel very tired and my stomach hurts like hell.

My brother just moved into his new apartment at UCF! I'm going to visit him soon!

Yikes, that makes me feel old that my little brother is in college!

Elissa my little sister is graduating from college in the spring. GRADUATING!

I'm off to my first day of college tomorrow at the University of Pittsburgh - Titusville. I'm going to be studying Health Information Management (HIM), but that's not until I transfer to PITT Main in Pittsburgh in 2 years. I have a question, is it normal to feel sick because I feel very tired and my stomach hurts like hell.

Yes, it is normal to feel a bit sick. This is a BIG deal for you. Trust me, you will get over that and probably have a great time. Congratulations, and I hope that everything goes well for you. Good luck!

Hopefully MIT. My dad is good friends with a few higher up people there, plus the siwm coach seemed like she wanted me for the team. I'm going for a visit in early October (as well as hitting up Lake Compounce).

If that doesn't pan out, there's always GT....

That's the beer. You'll get used to it.

My first few weeks away were tough, it does get better as you meet more people.

• 2 months later...

I go to Overseas Family School in Singapore. Currently I'm studying Drama, Music, Int. Science, Intr. English, PE, Maths, Humanities, and Int. English. I go here because the teachers here are all nice and there NO even one teacher that pissed me off, except my self. I'm planning to go to Harvard, but I don't know yet. People that have gone there said that it's extremely hard and you have to be a genius. Is that right?

Anyway, if you want to see my school, just GOOGLE it by typing the name of the school or try Wikipedia. There's also an official website for it.

I scanned this thread to see if I posted.. I guess I didn't!

I did my undergrad at the State University of New York at Fredonia, majoring in music education. I graduated in 2005.

I'm finishing up my graduate work at the University at Buffalo, again majoring in music education. Only one class next semester then I'm done!

I didn't have to take the GRE, but I did have to take a bunch of tests to get certified to teach in New York State. Now I have to take a bunch more tests so I can leave New York State!

I'm obviously not in college yet, but I've narrowed it down to three prime suspects (though I would accept pretty much anything Lutheran in Pennsylvania).

Since my dad works at a Lutheran college, I get about $16,000 off tuition if I go to a Lutheran college. Hard to beat.

Luther College (Decorah, Iowa)

Pros:

-beautiful campus

-Lutheran

-good academic success rate

-about half of my family has gone to Luther

-wonderful staff and faculty

-incredible choral program

Cons:

-one of the most expensive Lutheran colleges

-located in Iowa

Summer Job: Valleyfair!

Valparaiso University (Valparaiso, Indiana)

Pros:

-beautiful campus

-Lutheran

-not located in Iowa

Cons:

-I don't know much about Valparaiso

Summer Job: Six Flags Great America

Muhlenberg College (Allentown, Pennsylvania)

Pros:

-Lutheran

-not located in Iowa

-located in Pennsylvania

-near some family

Cons:

-I don't know much about Muhlenberg

-their mascot is the Mules. I find that exeedingly lame.

Summer Job: Dorney Park

I would like to major in Communications or Journalism (or Communications Journalism!) and become some sort of writer.

I keep you posted as my high school years thrust onward.